PDA

View Full Version : Updates Come Early June 20th

TimberWolf
06-19-2003, 08:48 PM
Thats right folks, the much awaited for new vehicles and santurary strikes and so on will be available in the early morning of June 20th.

A major update will be making its way to the servers in the early morning hours of June 20th.

http://planetside.station.sony.com/game_updates/recent_updates.jsp

Grunt
06-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Hmm, sounds like i should take a quick nap for a coupla hours and then get up to play! :)

Spinning Hat
06-20-2003, 05:55 AM
w00t patches!

Nosferatu
06-20-2003, 05:58 AM
holy crap that's today!!!!

woot, I'm gonna trade my harasser in on a skyguard when I get home!! of course, everybody and their sister will be doing the same thing this weekend...i feel sorry for galaxy, reaver, and mosquito pilots.

VeryGrimm
06-20-2003, 07:22 AM
Wow. A lot changes with that "can now respawn to a hacked building if you are a member of the owning Empire" one.

SlayerZero
06-20-2003, 08:23 AM
With the way we ahve been getting owned lattly The sanc strikes are going to SUCK!!!

In about 4 hours play last night we only got 1 base capted, if it goes that way much longer we wont have a safe place any more.

Ill gun a buggy for anyone that wants me :), my reaver jsut got useless as hell.

SmackDab
06-20-2003, 09:59 AM
But for US our weapons are locked in Sanctuary....lol, so we can't shoot back. wahaha.

I always wondered what the TOWERS were for scattered around the sanctuary.

Man, could the enemy JACK our HART? lol

SlayerZero
06-20-2003, 10:04 AM
There is always my ANTI-STANG tactic, get a vehical adn RAM the hell out of anyone that you can....and jsut hope they are not like her and actually Die from it!

Stang
06-20-2003, 12:12 PM
:lol:

SmackDab
06-20-2003, 12:27 PM
I didn't see mention of the Sanc Strikes, where you gettin that info?

SlayerZero
06-20-2003, 12:34 PM
The main sites info about what they are putting in. Weather or not it made the cut yet Im not sure but its comeing.

TimberWolf
06-20-2003, 12:40 PM
The Liberator cert is available, but the Liberator itself can't be purchased yet. Since we are adding the Liberator very shortly this will probably be left as is, and those who take the cert will just be able to purchase Liberators when we patch them in.
Hotspots are not working. This is a small data change which we will apply during a 3AM downtime tomorrow morning. For the interim day hotspots and instant action will not work, apologies for the trouble.

Although the Command Uplink Device Abilities are working, the full functionality has not been implemented. In a future patch, these functions will require a Commander to spend Outfit Points to use them.

Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative
Many questions can be answered by reading the PlanetSide Game Info and FAQ

TimberWolf
06-20-2003, 11:46 PM
Client and Server-side fix (6/21/03 3:30AM Pacific on All Servers)
This is a client and server-side fix that will take approximately 1.5 hours to update all the servers.

1) Fixed a crash related to the Orbital Strike.

2) The ability to purchase a Liberator certification has been removed until the Liberator is available in-game (very soon). Note that you can still sell back the Liberator certification (regular cert sell-back rules apply).

3) Certain voice assets were swapped incorrectly between male and female, but are now fixed.

4) Hotspots should be working as intended.

5) Various fixes to the Skyguard are made in this patch, including its display on the radar and on the statistics page, as well as various animation and sound related fixes.

One more fix that I will add to the Launchpad Patch Notes: The Skyguard will be availabe at bases that are linked to a friendly Tech Plant.

Ghryphen
06-21-2003, 01:47 PM
Yeah, Sanc strikes have always been on the board. There is just no info on when. The towers in the sanc appeared when they split the sanc into three spawn sections instead of just one in the center.

TimberWolf
06-21-2003, 08:30 PM
We're working on getting the Liberator ready for you very shortly. Hopefully, within the next week or two. The Lodestar is still in development and will be released in a future patch. Platoons are also still in development, but I have no ETA on them.
Victor Wachter

Nosferatu
06-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Funny how "withen the next two weeks" (original announcement) turns into "no ETA" :D

Seriously though, I don't know how much I like the new skyguard. I think I got it just because I was excited about a new vehicle. I may dump it and get my harasser back, or maybe another vehicle that we need.

SmackDab
06-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Anyone actually try out the skyguard against air vehicles?

Nosferatu
06-23-2003, 10:55 AM
The skyguard rawks against air vehicles, but it's most effective in the right circumstances. I think it's one of those vehicles that works best if you have someone dedicated to "skyguard duty" who can park in open areas where you can better track tartgets in the air.

I just don't find myself in those situations often enough to tie up 3 cert points.

SmackDab
06-24-2003, 10:08 AM
I bet you will soon when there are 50 bombers in the air over a base.

Nosferatu
06-24-2003, 11:21 AM
That's very true, but I guess what I was trying to say is that (as it is now) if I'm at a base, I'm usually inside of it. I almost have to stay inside in the REALLY BIG battles to keep my framerate manageable.

So far in my PS career I've only used vehicles to get from one place to another so I feel like I would be better off spending the certs on a harasser, wraith, or some type of transport. (not a galaxy though, I tried that a week or two ago and I'm definitely NOT cut out to fly one of those bad boys)

Eventually I'll probably have enough cert points that I could afford to have multiple vehicles, but I'm not at that point yet. ;)

TimberWolf
06-25-2003, 08:36 PM
I'm expecting the Liberator to be patched in this week, but no further details. Of course, things could be hung up in Testing too.
Victor Wachter