PDA

View Full Version : skyguard is now the official buggy of the VS

insaneferret
06-20-2003, 09:56 AM
go in game and try out the skyguard in vr, then drop your thresher / harasser and get it

cool dragster look
same speed as harasser
a little more armor than harasser
nice machinegun for AI
bigass flak cannon for AA
reinforced can pilot and gun

really nice vehicle, the skies will be very unfriendly now
maybe they'll redesign the thresher once nobody certs in it :D

Nosferatu
06-20-2003, 10:17 AM
I'm so there. :cool:

SlayerZero
06-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Make ours hover you dumb DEVS :D

And let me snipe people out of the open vehicals like in tribes to be fair and leave more for us to hack once the bodys are cleaned out of them.

the46
06-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Looks like ill have to hook up with that cert tonight... Hope it's only 2 Cert points...

insaneferret
06-20-2003, 11:52 AM
forgot to mention that, it'll cost ya 3 points

Shoddy
06-20-2003, 12:00 PM
There was a rumor that you couldn't buy them outside of the sanctuary.

SmackDab
06-20-2003, 12:26 PM
Read up on the forums today, looks like a bunch of stuff is hozed in the patch.

Hotspots don't work, the AP mode nerf on our AI MAX makes them useless for AP mode now.

The Skyguard can ONLY be bought AT a Tech Plant or Sanctuary, and NOT bases linked to the Tech Plant like with Mag purchaces. Hrm, might be just a bug though.

Also, the Skyguard flips over when dropped from a galaxy, like upside down = boom. Also some dude said a NC Jackhammer can take out a Skyguard in 2 shots, yes 2 fucking shots, that's GHEY!

Didn't see much about pulsar cept it's ok for close range now but still has the fall off damage at range that makes it still suck for that.

Also they said the Lancer was going through walls....LOL, I hope to kill lots of people by just shooting into a tower. Heheh.

AvengerX
06-20-2003, 12:35 PM
So sue me, I picked up another months subscription to check out the new vehicles. Dropped my Mag and picked up a Skyguard, and I really like it. Especially since I don't have to change armors to drive around in now :)

SlayerZero
06-20-2003, 12:38 PM
With people lIke Slim and Zendar driving around here I want to know how many peopel it can run over before going boom. Its jsut my luck to be the one gunning and worrying about keeping someones head down when they hit that one person too many.

Swad
06-20-2003, 02:27 PM
What did they do to our AI MAX? Expound a bit please (I just cert'd in that last night).

SmackDab
06-20-2003, 02:59 PM
They UPPED our maximum ammo count from 40 to 60. So now you can hopefully kill infantry without reloading, that's the big reinforced guys BTW. They nerfed with the AP damage making it do somewhat less damage cause of the increase in ammo. BUT, peeps now say it takes a hell of alot of shots to kill say MAX armor. FUNK DAT.

I gave up MAX cert for Lasher anyway, will get it back later on my way to 20 eh.

SlayerZero
06-20-2003, 03:20 PM
the thing os that on primary anti-human fire it took 1 round to do about 9 damage to armor before, on AP setting it took 2 rounds to do 14 damage. With total rounds at 40 per clip or 360 damage in mode 1 and 280 in mode 2.

Now its still 9 damage vs. armor in mode 1 with 60 rounds (540 total damage) and less then 14 (maybe 12?) in mode 2 with 30 uses per clip for 360 total damage.

Simply put use it in mode 1 anti-people for everything...if you use it that is, I thought it was a week MAX before adn still do.