PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a linksys router?

IamRascal
06-21-2003, 07:03 AM
OK I'm thinking now my problem is our router. IT is a linksys BEFSR41

Anyone have this router and know how to make it work with planetside?

Thanks,
Chris

VeryGrimm
06-21-2003, 09:28 AM
I have my 'puters routed through a linksys (not sure about the BEFSR41 part). Default settings and I've never had a problem with PS.

Spinning Hat
06-21-2003, 10:59 AM
I have that specific router, and for the most part, all the settings are default. But do you mean with the voice chat?

What kind of problems are you having? We can't help unless we have details man!

IamRascal
06-21-2003, 05:47 PM
It says connecting to world server... and them says "could not connect" When I try it a second time it says "disconnected" and exits the program

Spinning Hat
06-21-2003, 06:20 PM
it sounds like a client issue, and not the router. You may want to get a hold of PS tech support or something... or Do a full scan when you startup, and see if you're not missing any files.

IamRascal
06-21-2003, 07:11 PM
I think your right. It's also showing 5000ms pings, while if I do a straight ping to the server it gets 95ms. I'll try reinstalling and then give them a nice "friendly" phone call.

Joe Shmoe
06-21-2003, 07:13 PM
I was actually 3rd level tech support for Linksys for a year. The routers are terribly inconsistent and what works for one router may not work for others. Go to linksys.com and download the latest firmware. Call tech support or post here if you have troubles using it. You will probably have to open a port or two (or use the vaunted "DMZ" feature) in order to make everything work fine. That said, my router works great, no trouble at all.

Spinning Hat
06-21-2003, 07:26 PM
The only ports I have open, are for the PS Voice Chat, but I don't ever use it. :rolleyes:

JC
06-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Which Firmware Version are you using?

If re-installing the game doesn't help just try doing a "HARD" Reboot on the Router by going into the options and saying reset to default settings then using the reset button and holding it down for like 15 seconds.

IamRascal
06-21-2003, 08:26 PM
upgraded firmware and reset factory defaults. The main server screen pings still look like crap, but in game is quick. how do I find you guys on server. My name in game is "ashmir"

TimberWolf
06-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Take a list of names and use the /tell chat ability to get them to notice you. From there ask for an invite to the outfit and a Squad if there is one. People of Arkhon rank or higher can invite you into the outfit.

insaneferret
06-22-2003, 04:51 AM
i have that exact same router on a cable modem with 2 pcs, a laptop docking station and a playstation 2 hooked up to it, i have no problems, upgraded the firmware a while back

Malthus
06-22-2003, 08:04 AM
Ras, ignore the world list pings...they don't work :) Since I switched from cabel to dsl I have never even gotten a ping on the world list (comes up N/A) but in game runs great.

Hope to catch ya online soon!