PDA

View Full Version : Tribes Vengeance

Stang
09-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Ok as you know some of us came from the game Tribes so now the new one is out :D. For those of you that have never tried it and would like to try it without having to go and spend $50 on it heres your chance. Tomorrow they are opening it up to everyone not just the fileplanet people.

Give it a shot its a fun game, lots of action, and fun time with friends! We can even make a night where we take a break from PS and play it. Then when you fall in love with it like we have then you can go spend the $50 when it comes out in Oct. :D.

Come one come all!! Come join the fun and fights with Tribes:Vengance!!

:shoot1: :bounce: :shoot3:

Cass
09-02-2004, 04:54 PM
:D Where are they opening it link please ( ps im lazzy and can not find things myself) i was thinking of buying Tribes 2 tomarrow but i think ill try this insteed if there are gona be more ATF players on it i would love to fight along side you guys in more than PlanetSide and WorldOfWarcraft when it comes out (have to get that game ;) )

Ghryphen
09-03-2004, 08:23 AM
It can be found here http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/144920.shtml it should be free to all tonight.

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 11:41 AM
As of 2:42 it says you must be a subscriber. Would like to try the game out.

Ghryphen
09-03-2004, 01:28 PM
It is open now http://www.thzclan.com/content.php?n=2911

Cass
09-03-2004, 01:49 PM
it says i have to be a subscriber :( and im not :(

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 01:52 PM
I got the same thing at first but now I am sitting in line waiting to download.

Cass
09-03-2004, 01:55 PM
how did you get it to let you download?

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 01:56 PM
I don't know exept that I do have a login that I forgot about for FilePlanet. I just waited a little bit, then logged in and it worked.

Ghryphen
09-03-2004, 01:57 PM
You have to have a ForumPlanet login account, you dont have to pay for that.

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 01:58 PM
I curently have a 50 minute wait before I start the download which may take another hour I hear.

Cass
09-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Edit im stuiped i did see the FREE SERVERs list :(

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Hate the long wait. Couldn't they have released this earlier in the day or something?

Cass
09-03-2004, 02:28 PM
yes that would have been nice then i would have downloaded it today and there would have been only a small wait but what can i do, i must have it now.

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 02:32 PM
My wait start at 50 minutes and now its 90 minutes after haven been as high as two hours.

I am watching the Dev tracker for the BFR Doc Spork is going to release today.

Cass
09-03-2004, 03:07 PM
:cry: i ahd 10 min left till it started downloading then my computer frozze so i restarted the wait. then it frozzie again i tryed again it frozze :cry: im gona re try tonight :(

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 03:08 PM
I am going to have to give up for now. This is the second time now it has disconnected me after a long wait with an ever increasing line.

Cass
09-03-2004, 03:23 PM
I say we or well i am going to try tonight and if there still is a big line tomarrow. :(

Ghryphen
09-03-2004, 03:40 PM
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6998223

Cass
09-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Edit spoke to sson sorry for posting so much.

Stang
09-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Well of course its a popular game guys its going to take a while. Alot of people want to try it out so all you can do it wait your turn :).

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 04:25 PM
I am willing to wait my turn exept it keeps dropping me after a while and forces me to the end of the line.

Stang
09-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Well who said fileplanet was perfect? :)

TimberWolf
09-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Where can I get software that would continue the download from where it is interupted?

Ardamir
09-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Ive been accepted to T:V beta!! But im sitting here waiting...got 92 minutes to wait....

Ghryphen
09-04-2004, 01:43 AM
I use shareaza for that. You can add multiple sources so you can max your download rate.

TimberWolf
09-04-2004, 06:52 AM
Link?

AvengerX
09-04-2004, 07:58 AM
TKB had our first scrim against BaN last night on Emerald and Isle. TKB took Emerald 11-5, but lost Isle (I don't remember score, I was subbing for BaN ;) ) I have to say that organized competition completely blows away pub play in this game. If your dissapointed in pubs, wait until comp. It's a ton of fun!

Cass
09-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Fun:D

Torque
09-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Probably it was because you all were down 1 person and let me play. That was the very first time I even joined a server. I had fun though and even managed to score a couple of points :lol:

Cass
09-04-2004, 01:17 PM
we all need to find a night get on TS and go kill people

Stang
09-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Yes we do :D

Everyone is accepted Ardamir so your not special :p.

Ardamir
09-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Well if i thought I was special and I wasnt I would still be "special" to a certain degree?

TimberWolf
09-04-2004, 08:25 PM
I would like to duel someone with the buckler, grappler, and enegy blade.

Also is it possible to have people to hook onto each other in a line that is connected to a flyer? And how many can we get hooked onto a flyer? How fast can you get yourself going before letting go off the grappler?

What servers do you all play on?

Stang
09-05-2004, 05:40 PM
We play on any server none in particular yet.

I think there is a video of a guy grappled to a pod and he hangs on and they transport him to the enemy flag and he swoops down and gets it. But nothing like what your talking about as far as that many.

TimberWolf
09-05-2004, 09:19 PM
the grappler is a lot of fun to play with. Today i was skiing around and accidently fired the grappler into the side of a cliff below and slammed into its face. This thing is real evil if you know how to use it right. You can swing like tarzan or increase your speed with it threw a turn or a loop. if enough people tried you can pull a gunboat off the pad and into the water. I was pulling a pod around with it by myself for a little bit seeing if it would be possible to stow away the enemy vehicles so they could not get to use them, no luck. Found out that they automaticly deconstruct after a little while and appear on the pad again.

Been finding myself playing heavy alot. Been doind suicide runs into the enemy base. Infact on the Isle map (I think thats what it's called) I destroyed the enemy base, killing about 3 guys with it, grabbed the flag and skied under fire to my base to cap in a heavy. Then I went back to support the others as the team started to own the enemy. That energy pack is what making being a heavy so easy. I love the extra energy it gives you when you activate it. Granted it takes a good while to recharge but some times you just need that extra boost right then and there.

Cass
09-06-2004, 02:37 PM
sweet i havent even tryed it yet.

TimberWolf
09-06-2004, 09:14 PM
I just ticked off about 7 guys with the grappler. They had a awsome defense setup in Cavern. My team was getting owned and people started to drop out. I came flying in just after another member of my team who got shot down before he made it but due to one person manning the burner turret there was plenty of distractions while I come swinging in like Spiderman. I grab the flag, swing around the stone pillar just behind it and then swing/jet back to my flag for one sweet cap. Guys who where midairing people like crazy where having a tuff time trying to figure out where I was going. And even when I ran out of energy I was still able to swing as if I had because of where I grappled to.

I did similar caps afterwards until they started to drop everything to blast me before I crossed the center line. I wish I could have seen the frustration on their faces as they fired where they thought I would land but never seeing me touch the ground or use my jet's to change direction. Its even fun to hang around shooting with a good swing going on. You never have to worry about moving out of the area and you can instantly change directions any time you want.

I am loving the grappler. I am hatting the movement bug where you can no longer move or you come to a complete stop. That has cost me many caps, kills, and lives.

Splidz
09-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Yeah, the game is a lot of fun. I haven't mastered the grappler yet by any means, but I'm working on it. Hey, who has a good technique for taking down aircraft? I find that the hardest thing right now. I've been chaining them pretty good and often taking them down, but the pilot usually survives and disks me afterwards, when I have no health left.

TimberWolf
09-07-2004, 07:55 AM
You can hit the pilot and kill him without killing the Fighter. So if you can snipe or couse some blast damage to it then you can get the kill. The gunboat has to be gunned down and if you can get a burner to hit it then that would help destroy it faster. Also it prevents them from going threw the same spot for a while do to the flames. Over all the Disk launcher, if you can MA, and the chain gun are the best in taking them down.

Ghryphen
09-10-2004, 09:45 AM
The single player demo is available http://www.thzclan.com/content.php?n=2918

Splidz
09-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Well I keep getting on TS but I hardly ever see ppl playing Tribes (never in fact) except for TalonBot (who I don't really know). Torque, you playin dude? When are you on? I've been looking for ya all the time. I want to own some pubs with ya bro. :) And anyone else in ATF for that matter.

Ghryphen
09-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Well, if you actually stayed on while playing, maybe others would join you. People are in there often. If you hop on for 2 minutes then log off, someone else will hop on for 2 minutes and log off 10 minutes later.

I hate it when people say they never see anyone on, yet they were only on for 10 minutes themselves.

Torque
09-14-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm playing. It just that I've been on a fishing trip, just got back. Then baseball, etc.... Just waiting for things to get back to norm.

Ghryphen
09-14-2004, 09:17 PM
you? normal?

Torque
09-15-2004, 08:17 AM
:haha:

Normal is relative. In my own dark miniscule world I feel normal *twitch* *twitch* :)

I forgot to add that I'll probably get on late Sunday or Monday and then sometime during the week at least once. But regardless of day, probably not until 930cst or later.

Splidz
09-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Gryphon
Well, if you actually stayed on while playing, maybe others would join you. People are in there often. If you hop on for 2 minutes then log off, someone else will hop on for 2 minutes and log off 10 minutes later.

I hate it when people say they never see anyone on, yet they were only on for 10 minutes themselves.

Yeah, well I hate you too, prick! :D Just kidding. I do usually stay on, but last night I just checked to see if anyone was there and then skipped over to the BRO teamspeak cuz that's where TKB is hanging out. And I'm probably going to keep doing that because why talk to no one when there are others on I can talk to?

But I do have a buddy list, which looks like:

[TKB]
Torque
ATF

So I've been using that, but I don't ever see anyone on except for some dude called PCTORQUE and the TKB guys. So if anyone from around here is playing Tribes, post up your nick in-game, or the tag you are using, and I'll add to my buddy list...I'm in as Splidz[TKB]

How was fishing Torque?

Torque
09-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Fishing was tough. Caught some trout and a redfish which I brought home. Had half of it last might. Cooked on the grill with lemon, butter and some spices. Yummm!

If I don't see you on THZ I always look at the BRO server. My buddy has TKB so I should be able to see ya Splidz. Where are those pics.

Ghryphen
09-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Add...

Soup
-LoS-
THZ*
XMEN
[DTM] (many of the tags above also wear this)

Stang
09-15-2004, 04:22 PM
I just haven't had the time lately doing some stuff away from the computer.

I see you on then when I ready to play you gone :(. I'll add you to my list that way when I do get to play Ill look for ya :D.