PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars BattleFront

Levo
09-26-2004, 03:54 AM
How many of you's ATF got SW battlefront..do tell..I bought this game yesterday and am hooked off the gate..

TimberWolf
09-26-2004, 10:39 AM
I was tempted to get it but I have heard too many negative reviews of it to buy it yet. Plus I don't have any more money dedicated towards games for this year. So maybe next year I can get it.

Grunt
09-26-2004, 12:54 PM
I've got it. Haven't really gotten to play it much yet though.

Stang
09-26-2004, 04:39 PM
So the wife gave ya the smile huh :D.

I don't plan on getting it too many other games to catch up on. That and the money thing from spending on other games :).

Cass
09-26-2004, 08:19 PM
I might rent it but i dont have the money for another game plue im planing on geting SW Galaxies ( I heard it was fun )

insaneferret
09-26-2004, 09:33 PM
i acquired it, plan to delete it when i beat the SP game, generic watered down BF1942 mod

tribes 3......

KWood
09-27-2004, 12:31 PM
It effing rules. Its a typical FPS for sure, but it is perfect for a Star Wars Geek like me. Watching Darth Vader hack people up with his light saber is just too cool. Slaughtering rebel troops with the At-At- is GD funny. Watching their bodies fly around after the explosions is sweet. And, you get a chance to wipe out Gungans(JarJar Binks), the one true blight on the Star Wars legacy. The jet packs on the clones are so sweet. The bits of the movie thrown in give it a neat twist. Piloting the X-Wing, and Tie Fighters really kinda sux, nice graphics and sound but poor control. It was well worth the $54 that I threw down. Wroking with the command macros takes some getting used to, but not a whole lot. Once you do, you can do some damage. I hate having someone host a game, I would rather play/pay to have a dedicated server that kept stats. I know that gamespy does, but its not the same.

If someone were able to combine planetside with battlefront they would be a gajillionaire.

Levo
09-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Hell yea...I'd pay for a PS type of MMO for starwars..ca u imagine the races..and all the different vehicles... W O W