PDA

View Full Version : Sarbanes Oxley

DAKOTA
10-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Has anyone in the IT or financial departments of their company been audited yet? If so could you relate your experiences. Ours is coming up in a few weeks and i want to know what to expect other then getting violated with a ten foot pole.

KWood
10-11-2004, 11:15 AM
LOL....funnny you mention that. I got ganked for apporoving all my own po's and then signing off on the invoices. Then I hit them with the "I have absolutely "NO SUPERVISION" and you guys tell me to make things happen." Be prepared to defend any purchase you've made on behalf of the company and have had the right people sign off on them. They are looking for a "checks and balances" system. If it can be checked and balanced then it better have been.

It is hard to go through an audit without taking it personally......remember that it is their job to do what they do. So no matter how much you feel like fighting them.....don't.:) They usually don't tell you shit anyway.........2 weeks after the audit your boss will hit you with the sweeping changes or new policy.

DAKOTA
10-11-2004, 11:34 AM
lol are you kidding our department is writting all the changes and new policy. its a clulster fuck. i have 6 inches of documentation and im missing so much. i just pray they dont notice what we havent got to yet. but these financial controls for IT suck!

did your company pass? or they havent gone through it yet?

PS i havent been on lately do to this crap again. with coh at least i can stop for 20min and do some writting etc. with planetside it takes 20min to just get int the fight and then its hard to stop and get back into it. COH just allows me to play at my own pace. once this crap is done AGAIN ill be back more often

KWood
10-11-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't know whether we passed or failed. I do know that the Financial Officer for our division gave me a handful of changes that he wanted my department to make and 2 days later the president of our division basically said "fuck that".

I don't guess I gave you mcuh technical insight but I can tell you if it is your company's policy to do something and it isn't being done; they will find it, no matter how small. Plus, they have a very condescending way of asking questions?

Auditor: "Mr. Underwood, we see that you approved this $86k invoice for playground repair at this school the company damaged last year. We also see that you signed off on the work as being complete. Plus, you signed off on the work scope. What does this tell you Mr. Underwood?"

Me: "I'm a CR5 and I take care of shit" (shoulda said)

Auditor: [with rhetorical answer] That you do not follow your own spending policies.

Just be prepared for the worse case scenario, because that is what I would expect.

DAKOTA
10-11-2004, 01:27 PM
anyone have a room that i can hide in till this blows over?

Skillet
10-11-2004, 03:52 PM
LOL @ Wood! So thats what u call getting in a strange unlocked Magrider or Vangaurd. Approved and signed for.
:lol:

Stang
10-11-2004, 04:26 PM
:lol:

KWood
10-11-2004, 11:39 PM
I call that a non-hostile takeover :).

Levo
10-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Boy... And I thought being a welder sucked...I use to weld high strees stuff for Bucket trucks and those big ass back holes..not the ones u see on the back ends of tractors but the ones that have 4 extension support pads.
Can you imagine a meeting every moring in which you boss tells you.."Remember some one's life may depend on what you do today"

We had stamps we stamped all our personal welds with so if any thing happen they would know who to blame...Can you just imagine some 1 getting hurt and you have to live with that on your conscience..

way off the track of you suit and tie folks but none the same I feel your pain;)

KWood
10-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Personal stamp on your weld? Company always needs to know who to throw under the bus.

Is your stamp the one that says "Bad Motherfucker"?

Levo
10-13-2004, 06:20 AM
Wood..Bro...you fuggen slay me dude..LMFAO

How did you know this:lol: