PDA

View Full Version : Geting frustrated with school

TimberWolf
10-22-2004, 09:34 PM
My two classes are wearing my out. I need to vent some frustration, not in words though. What I am learning in Calculus is something I have already been through before and yet I am having problems with it because the way they want it done up here is different, by far, from what I had to do back in Texas. English Liturature is annoying right now just because of the Mid-term coming up this Monday (the first of 3 grades for the class).

Right now PS is looking real good to eliminate my current frustration, but I can't justify the expense right now. I don't have any income, no job, and what money sitting in my bank account is dwindling by about $40 a month for gas (the only thing I actually pay for for myself, everything else I use is payed for by my parents). It would be justified if I could put in at least 14 hours a week into the game, which would make it cost about twenty three cents an hour. 7 hours a week would be about forty six cents an hour.

As my schedule stands now, I have three day weekends (with homework to match). Next week I will be asigned a paper due in a month or so for English Lit. which will be short (2 to 3 pages) but on a subject that will be hard to research, at least it is for me. My current plan is play this December during winter break, but I would like to find a way to start it a little early if possible.

Any ideas?

Stang
10-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Beg and plead with the parents and tell them that you need to play to releave some stress and this will do it :D.

TimberWolf
10-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Won't work right now sinse my Mom was fired from her job just this past week and it was her income paying the house payments.

Stang
10-24-2004, 02:31 PM
:(

Spinning Hat
10-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Quit school, get a job, play Planetside, and live with mediocrity. I've found that working while in school is a good way to relieve some stress, especially if you're active while at work. UPS and FedEx are starting to hire all over for seasonal work, and there are lots of small odd jobs you can find if you look with pretty flexible schedules.

Whining and complaining won't ever get you anywhere, ya need to suck it up, put your head down and charge through your problems.

http://www.seoconsultants.com/just-say-no/images/no-whining-480.gif

TimberWolf
10-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Well the mid term is over and done with. Now its just back to the same old things and getting the hosue ready for guests.

I just miss having fun online with my friends. I guess the Sims2 will have to do for now. Maybe I can go some mass muders in Sims2 to make up for lack of a good FPS right now.

Spinning Hat
10-26-2004, 12:59 PM
That's the spirit!

TimberWolf
10-27-2004, 07:26 PM
/speeks in defeated tone

We got spirit, yes we do. We got spirit. How 'bout you?

/speeks in normal tone

Every once in a while a good mass virtual killing is needed to get the constructive juices flowing.