PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2

Ardamir
11-17-2004, 01:21 PM
I bought the game the day it came out and to my dissapointment you have to register it on Steam just to play it offline. This is all fine and dandy but Steam was overloaded ALL DAY yesterday so I couldnt register HL2 till about 11 last night. But when I did get in the game......Wow, this is a very exciting game and is very well made. The sounds are crisp and Im running 60fps in 1600x1200 with my 2 1/2 year old Radeon 9800. Aside from crashing (does that in every game) this is a great game and I can say that without any of the hype....all of it disappeared yesterday when I was royally pissed.

BTW it comes with CS Source...anyone else have it> maybe we could play sometime.

4.75/5-Ardamir's Review :P

Stang
11-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Finally it is out after how long? :)

See what happens when they take the time on a game though, an awesome game. I haven't picked it up yet but it looks great.

We know yourmom picked it up cuz he was makin some weird noises the night it was released :D. Now he teases us and sits in the WoW room and plays it :p.

Muzo
11-17-2004, 05:58 PM
This game is fantastic! Everything I was expecting from Doom3 (which failed to deliver in my eyes) and then some! Great atmosphere, awesome sound, fantastic graphics and the story and presentation are just great! Valve has done it again! No Multiplayer but they’ll have the mods porting in full force soon.

Ardamir
11-18-2004, 09:14 AM
I thought the retail version came with CS:Source? Mine did.
I agree, the grahpics are on par if not better than DOOM 3, and it runs a whole lot better. The story is great and just typing this is making me impatient from thinking about the game :P
HL2 was supposed to come out last November but the whole hacker thing happened. Apparntly some guy from a strategy guide publisher was supposed to start work on the...strategy guide and noted that Valve was no where near completion (this was last July I think). Alot of ppl think the hacker things was bs, to give Valve more time without admitting they were behind. Anyone else hear anything?

Torque
11-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Are you all going to play CS?

Ardamir
11-18-2004, 03:25 PM
When and where? my msn is mixmasterjeff16@hotmail.com
im too lazy to change email addresses...

Muzo
11-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Yeah I bought the Silver package so when DoD:S comes out I'm going to hit that up too! I just beat HL2 before work and man it's just great!

And the hacker thing was legit; I think one of the Myg0t guy was the hacker that stole the source. If you’ve played Counter-Strike Source you’ll realize that they did steal the code, go to the Mygot webpage and you’ll see the sick amount of hacks they already have out for CS:S for the first month CS:S was out they would do nothing but go to servers that had 20+ people and type “Mug0t Fuked you!” and crash the servers. I had to stop playing CS:S for a while just because it was so frustrating to have every server I joined crashed by those people.

If you guys play CS:S let me know and I’ll play with you guys nothing like a little ghost scouting to help your team win a match!

Grunt
11-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Yea I"ve got it and I've been playing CS:S, I'm really looking forward to DoD:S though... that mod was way better than CS I thought :)

btw, my name in steam is sobgrunt so add me to your friends' list. Of course xfire supports it too.