PDA

View Full Version : Servers for Retail

Icenode
11-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Beta servers are being taken down 11-18-2004, and characters are being wiped. Visit www.worldofwarcraft.com for details.
So it is about time to get some posts prepared for retail.

It sounds from reading the threads that everyone is in agreement that central servers are the most fair to everyone. Once the game is released, please check this thread to see if anyone has rolled a character on a server for any of these 6 categories.

1: Alliance PvP
2: Horde PvP
3: Alliance Normal
4: Horde Normal
5: Alliance Role Playing
6: Horde Role Playing

Please post your character name, race, faction, server name, and what type of server it is. (pvp, normal, or rp)

I will try to update my post nightly the first week, putting the names of the servers being used out next to the categories.

Splidz
11-18-2004, 07:32 AM
I'm thinking about playing Horde PvP...but I would also consider Alliance PvP. What about you guys?

Quartex
11-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Horde PvP

Muzo
11-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Dood we don't need 6 server. just 2 one for PVP and one for PVE.

Stang
11-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Ya 2 servers for both factions should be fine I think. One for Horde and one for Alliance. I really don't want to make a dozen characters all spread out to be able to play with everyone when we can pick one and all play together. Lets work on getting everyone on 1-2 servers that way we can ALL play together that way when a big battle arises we have everyone in one area (and can switch over) and have the numbers.

Please don't let this get crazy and everyone end up on different servers. We have decided on Central so we got that out of the way. Now just pick one for each faction, or one for both factions. I want to play with everyone again so check here before picking your server.

Ill play both factions but not on every server :).

Icenode
11-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Don't intend to be on 6 server either, but if you refer to the poll, no more than 25% of anyone want to play the same faction/server type. I will simply provide info in this thread regarding whatever server people join. It will be used as a referal so everyone knows where to log in at.

I haven't really seen any compromises, or even talk there of, other than gryphon working his butt off, to try to organize something.

Muzo
11-20-2004, 12:42 PM
It doesn’t matter really, how many people are honestly going to sit there on the 23rd with a copy of the game in their hands and not play it? No one is going to sit here on the forums waiting for some one else to post a server name. Plus once people have their character names and are past lvl 10 they won’t switch servers. I’m just going to make an effort to play with the people I enjoy playing with, if more people join the same server great if not oh well. We should still try to get as many people on the server but no reason to stress out about it.

PsychomanX
11-20-2004, 07:18 PM
To be honest a person can easily hit level 10 in one good day of play.

TKB are talking of guilding up with ATF for WOW release. We are for central servers too.

I think were only gonna do PVP.

Icenode
11-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Lvl 10 is 3 hours of gameplay, 5 if your slow or the area is crowded.

Levo
11-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Still..we need the first person who gets into game first to post the server on the boards so we can all head there..either PVP horde or Alliance.

Cass
11-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Is wow pre order able yet? just wanted to know if i will have to go as soon as possible to future shop tues or if i can take my time.

Levo
11-21-2004, 04:22 AM
I was lucky..out of a total of 300 coppies in Grand Island Nebraska..I got 1 on reserve..they selling madly already..

WhiteTrash
11-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by PsychomanX[TKB]
To be honest a person can easily hit level 10 in one good day of play.

TKB are talking of guilding up with ATF for WOW release. We are for central servers too.

I think were only gonna do PVP.

Yeah we are planning on playing alliance on a central pvp server.