PDA

View Full Version : Texas going to the Rose Bowl!!!

Ardamir
12-05-2004, 04:28 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOHOO!!(x100)

Finally, we are going to a BCS bowl to play Michigan(Duel).

Good luck to Oklahoma(Skillet) in the NC.

And LSU(Caithann) still sucks :P

Its a far flung idea but I "might" go to LA to this game..anyone live in So Cal?

KWood
12-06-2004, 09:17 AM
It's about 30 mins from where I live.

AvengerX
12-06-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm heading to Fort Worth for the Fort Worth Bowl. Not going to be that exciting of a game, but I can't wait to head to Texas. Go Marshall! :)

Ardamir
12-06-2004, 12:24 PM
FW is only a 4 hour drive from here and I am going to my grandparents 1.5 hours north of FW after Christmas.

Ill be looking for some West Virginia license plates :P

If you have any question about the Metroplex (Dallas-FW Pop: 11 Million) feel free to ask, I go up there quite a bit.

CannonBall
12-07-2004, 08:56 AM
My Auburn Tigers aren't gonna get the shot at the NC!!

I'm happy though, it's been a long time since we played in the Sugar Bowl.

I went to the SEC Championship game here in Atlanta and it was awesome!!

Ardamir
12-08-2004, 05:47 PM
It sucks for Auburn and Cal but dear god the Cal people wont stop complaining about a conspicracy (no really) and how Mack Brown "begged and pleaded" for votes (though he just said two sentences that asked people to take a closer look at Texas). It would have taken alot more for Cal to get into the Rose Bowl than Texas, they have no arguement.

KWood
12-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Look, Texas got their ASSES WHOOPED!!!! Cal barely lost to the defending National Champions. Rose Bowl is in CA. They are 2nd in Pac 10. Behind defending National Champs. They did get screwed. But, so did Auburn. Auburn definately got the raest deal of all.

Ardamir
12-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Lets take a look at Cal and Texas. Texas lost to its rival OU on a neutral site 12-0 and Cal lost to its rival USC 23-17. It however appears that USC has made it a habit of having close calls to unranked teams: Standford, Oregon State, and UCLA.
Texas in no way had its "ass kicked," OU did not score its touchdown until the 4th quarter was half-way done. Peterson had alot of yards but nothing to show for it since the score was 12-0.
Now lets take a look at Cal and Texas oppenents. Texas played 5 ranked opponents to Cals 2. Texas opponents combine record is 63-49 to Cals 61-63. Texas played much more difficult teams.

You cannot justify Cal being screwed just because they barley lost to USC.

AvengerX
12-10-2004, 01:18 PM
The BCS sucks, thats what it comes down to. Until there is a playoff, it's rare that a true national champion will be crowned.

Ardamir
12-10-2004, 02:54 PM
A playoff system wont work either. You would have the conference champs and a few at-large spots, but those would be disputed just like the bowls of the BCS. I think they should throw out the AP and Coaches poll and have people that actually watch teams play be the one to vote. Not biased journalist who cheer for their home team or coaches that vote for themselves.

AvengerX
12-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Playoff systems work extremely well in every other college sport, including the other levels of football, including I-AA. Marshall played I-AA up until 1997, so we know it works. It actually makes for better games too. I would MUCH rather watch a good playoff game than see two teams play in a bowl. A bowl you don't have much motivation to play for, just one and done. Playoffs you have to play for the next week.

Ardamir
12-11-2004, 04:26 PM
It would be fun but schools that go undefeated the whole year than lose to a low-teir team in the 1st round would get all mad.....Plus $14 Million for a BCS Bowl?

KWood
12-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Who was that that almost handed Texas their asses until they woke up and decided to play? I guess we can use the strength of schedule thing after USC hands the boomer schooner their azzkicking.

Longhorns = slightly above average

Ardamir
12-13-2004, 02:16 PM
"Longhorns = slightly above average"

Thats so funny there is no need for a rebuttle.

AvengerX
12-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Ardamir
It would be fun but schools that go undefeated the whole year than lose to a low-teir team in the 1st round would get all mad.....Plus $14 Million for a BCS Bowl?

They shouldn't lose to a low-tier team then. Upsets happen every single day. And who said they couldn't award payouts for reaching certain levels? Simply assign bowls to the later rounds to host.

Ardamir
12-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Exactly. Big schools wouldnt support that because they could lose in the early rounds thus not getting near as much money. If there were any playoff this is the way I see it:

16 Teams
8 Automatic Conference Berths
8 at-large
Through polls and stuff they would organize it to where the weaker teams would play the stronger early in the tournament. Kinda like what you said

OR

8 conferences have championship games to decide who makes it to the playoffs.

Ardamir
12-30-2004, 10:14 PM
"Who was that that almost handed Texas their asses until they woke up and decided to play? I guess we can use the strength of schedule thing after USC hands the boomer schooner their azzkicking.

Longhorns = slightly above average"

So if USC's only "big" victory was over Cal, who had their asses handed to them 45-31 by Texas Tech who in turn had thier asses handed to them 51-21....Oh wait the Pac-10 is overrated. OU over USC. Easily.

Ardamir
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Well crap!