PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon to a Tabbard near you..

Ravok
12-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Okay folks, Here's my stats after I get the game smoothed out.

Name: Rooke Raindancer
Sex/Race/Class: Female Dwarf Huntress
Primary: Enchanting/Alchemy
Secondaries: You name it

Rooke's basic plan is to use Aspect of the Hawk to scout for baddies, once I know what's near to our position, I am going to set some traps down. Then, I am going to use a concussive shot to pull the enemy to the traps.

Once they get wounded from the traps, our party has melee heaven coming. As a dwarf, my initial stats are better for up close work, and I am going to support that with the dual wield, parry and dodge, and survival options of my class; as well as taking aspects that I can use in close quarters.

This style of ranger/huntress is basically group support, and not the stereotypical petsitter. I plan to use my pet for recon, and RP, but not much for actual battles. My ranged weapon proficiencies are aligned to boost the maximum from a single burst of concussive goodness, so that I can take one enemy out of the initial stages of a fight.

In combo with a rogue, the rogue will setup the backing and stabbing, most likely sap an opponent, and run towards my position, where I will concussion shot the guy, and then our rogue can polish him - and then I set the traps for the sapped foe still standing.

In combo with a druid, my plan is to support the RP with a druid by not putting my animal into combat at every turn. Also, druids are so versatile as a class, we'll see if I should go ranged or if I should move up close, or if I should lay down traps or what.

Mage-types will enjoy the ability to summon their evil area of effect spells, or unleashing their summons onto the battle once I have scouted the enemy and set up a defensive perimeter of traps near our position and once they go off, I move in and their summons move in. Most of them should be taken out, and those remaining are the toughies.

For warriors, I could stay ranged, and work concussion duty to keep an enemy off ya during a fight. If we get overwhelmed, a retreat position can be maintained and some frost traps should cover our escape.

3 weeks and counting. :)

Ghryphen
12-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Excited? :D

BTW names can only be one word.

AvengerX
12-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Aspect of the Hawk, by the way, only increases your attack power. It doesn't allow you to scout for anything. You'll need Beast Tracking for that (and later on Humanoid, Undead, Elemental, etc tracking).

Ravok
12-07-2004, 10:09 AM
I was reading that there is a zoom option (aspect) and a pet-domination trick a hunter can use to scout, are they no longer in-game?

Rooke it is, then, if it isnt taken.

AvengerX
12-07-2004, 11:54 AM
There is an aspect that allows zoomed vision, but its pretty much worthless. I find it better to just buy (or make, in my case) a spyglass and use that way I can keep another aspect on (you can only use one at a time). The control pet is also useless as it only lasts a few seconds and you will draw aggro just as you would if you had ran through yourself.

Ravok
12-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks for that info, Avenger... that does make a lot of difference. Any hints on what I should choose for Tracking after Beasts?

AvengerX
12-07-2004, 11:11 PM
You only get them at a certain level. You have to take them as they come.

Ravok
12-10-2004, 06:00 PM
I am your padawan.... :D

Ravok
12-10-2004, 10:40 PM
OK - I am seeing why people like the Paladin option, a Human with a +5 in sword or mace means a double handed weapon gets a bit of a bonus to start. Good deal... His spirit focus helps with the healing, etc... I see where you guys like this stuff.

My hunter stuff is pretty flimsy up front and trapping is an okay thing to do, but I can only drop a single trap down. *grumbles* I can track only a single type of beast at a time, etc... MMORPG's need to be pretty specific to keep people diverse.

I am learning this stuff.... so bear with me.

My game arrives in a few days, but I am thoroughly examining my options. We have a number of paladins and druids, so a priest isn't as useful as it would be in other groups.

A mage might be cool, so I could summon food and drinks for everyone and their pets. :) And toast stuff and freeze stuff in the meantime.

I might just make a mage engineer. I wont use my mana, just build grenades and sub with those until I need a spell... So... With Engineering/Mining Professions backed up by Fishing, Cooking, and First Aid - I think it can be fun.

Also, another engineer can compliment items with the other one we have already.

I know gnomes are seriously awesome mages, but I will see between a gnome and a human once I get the game and can tinker with it.

Ravok
12-10-2004, 11:20 PM
YAY! Alright, Frost Mage is definitely my style...

Here is the deal...

Frost Spells + Bombs = Fun

I know there are things resistant to Frost, but that is ok, you guys can back me up as I use other tricks. I can be less effective with Fire spells, and still hold my own...

My only thought is to balance a bit the Frost and the Arcane talents... see what is best there.

Thanks Avenger for the help with the Hunter class, but using Ice to freeze, slow, or disable opponents looks like a lot of fun, and its a character type we don't exactly have in the clan so far as I have seen...

I don't plan on solo-ing this game at all, so expect me to find you folks and teleport someplace nearby.

Stang
12-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Soloing isn't bad in this game. I'll do simple missions I know I can do on my own when not many are on and it also helps me work on keeping my skills up.

But ya you can usually for the most part find a group to hook up with and we are all here to help eachother out on quests.