PDA

View Full Version : Patch Sneak Peak

Ghryphen
12-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Here are some of the additions and changes in the coming patch. Please remember that these are not the complete notes, and it's very possible that there are more notes in each section that have not been sneak peeked.

----------------------------------

Player versus Player
· Gurubashi Arena – The arena in Stranglethorn Vale has been changed so that free-for-all PvP will only take place on the floor of the arena, and no longer in the stands or on the entrance ramp. Please keep in mind that on PvP realms, members of the opposite faction can still attack you anywhere in the arena because Stranglethorn Vale is a contested area.
· There is now a short countdown before a duel starts.

Professions
· Fishing for high-level zones has been restored.
· Fishing profession now requires a minimum character level, like the other professions do. Any character who already has a fishing profession past the intended level will not be affected.
· The recipes for Heavy Mageweave Bandage, Runecloth Bandage, and Heavy Runecloth Bandage can be learned by visiting your faction's Artisan First Aid questgiver.
· Sell prices on Runecloth Bandages and Heavy Runecloth Bandages have been reduced.
· Expert First Aid books moved to a more appropriate vendor for the Horde. New vendor is still within the same general area as the previous one.

Warriors
· New Ability: Pummel (Berserker Stance) (Level 38) - Instant attack that causes damage and interrupts spellcasting for a short duration.
· Shield Bash: No longer usable in Berserker Stance.
· Berserker Stance: Now increases critical strike chance by 3% instead of granting 10% melee haste. Extra damage taken reduced from 20% to 10%.

Rogue
· Vanish will now break root and slow effects.

Priest
· New Spell: Prayer of Fortitude (Level 48) - Longer lasting Power Word: Fortitude spell that buffs the entire group. Requires a reagent to cast. (Spell is available via loot drop only.) http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=359671&p=1&tmp=1#post359671

Muzo
12-16-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm sure SKeez will be happy! NO Paladin NERFS!!!! PLEASE!!!I LIKE BEING UBER L337 H4x0r5!

Ghryphen
12-16-2004, 02:11 PM
NERF PADLINS!

Muzo
12-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Paladins aren't UBER!! I can't fight 5 lvl 40 guys and win! and that's crap Paladins should be able to kill 5 lvl 60 guys with his fists!! NERF DRUIDS!

AvengerX
12-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Nerf both and buff Hunters :D

tumitoto
12-16-2004, 03:00 PM
The fix on detect hidden for Hunters. I guess they are still too busy in figure out how to close all the open tickets, including mine.:lol:

Thanks for the info Gryphon.

CannonBall
12-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Yea priest got a new spell <yawn>.

Oh yeah NERF PALADINS!!:D

Muzo
12-16-2004, 06:57 PM
AAAAARRRRGGGG!!! Fuk the fuking fukers.

Ravok
12-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Dont nerf Paladins!! Its the only class my pansy computer can play!! :)

Ghryphen
12-17-2004, 01:00 PM
More info http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdevelopment.html

We are planning on implementing the following features in the next patch.

-New Dungeon: Maraudon (40+ Dungeon in Desolace)
-New Flight Paths
-There are now interface options that let you not display your helm and/or cloak on your character. This will allow a player to wear a cloak or helm, but not have it show up in the game world.
-Warrior - New Ability: Pummel
-Druid -- Bear form and Dire Bear form will receive armor increases

Grunt
12-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Good, there need to be more flight paths dammit... too hard to get around :)

tumitoto
12-20-2004, 08:15 AM
>>>>
UI Improvements: There are now interface options that <u>let you not display your helm and/or cloak on your character.</u> This will allow a player to wear a cloak or helm, but not have it show up in the game world.
>>>>>
I would be happy with this UI control, I got a hat drop, put it on and it looks totally strange on my head alone with my ears, they don't go well at all. I feel like a long ears cartoon bunny with the hat on...:lol:

Stang
12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Your just a lazy ass Grunt :p.

Ferion
12-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Paladins should get nerfed and Rogues should be able to wear Mail. Booya!

Jadal
12-22-2004, 04:55 PM
yea Ferion we gotta talk

my rogue is an asset in PvE but in PvP im getting slammed

alot of times i know it is a lvl difference or superiority in numbers but its also the way people move around in combat that makes it hard to get a good hit

you got some lvls on me, how is your pvp going?

Muzo
12-22-2004, 06:24 PM
He does just fine when I let him PVP!