PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Bad Company 2

Swad
01-29-2010, 11:29 AM
The beta got started yesterday for Battlefield Bad Company 2 (for PC and I think 360). I've been a big fan of the Battlefield series since the beginning and decided to pre-order it on PC to get into the beta. It took a little bit to get into since I've been mostly dormant on PC FPS games for a while. Overall, though, I'm really loving it. It has the overall classic Battlefield feel to it and of course nearly everything being destructible. Lots of good stuff about this game so far in spite of the bugs and quirks that come with it being a beta.

Anywho, are there any other ATF'ers who are going to be hitting this up on PC? I know the ATF PC FPS (holy acronyms, Batman!) crowd is nearly non-existent these days, but I figured I would check. I don't really do FPS games on consoles, so I didn't really even consider it there--I'm a PC purist when it comes to FPS games.

Ghryphen
01-29-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm getting it for Xbox. I'll probably play little multiplayer, mainly getting it for sp.

Grunt
02-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I just ordered it off of Steam and am downloading the beta now. Might as well play some real FPS now that I've gotten Windows 7 installed in bootcamp on my lovely macbook pro :)

Swad
02-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Hopefully it runs well for you. So far, this is the most demanding PC game I've run to date. A lot of people are having performance issues, *but* -- it is beta and they have said they have a lot of optimizations lined up that aren't in the beta yet. We'll see. That said, it's the most FPS fun I've had in years and am having an absolute blast with it.

Grunt
02-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Seems to run fine. This is pretty beefy for a laptop. But I have to say after playing for about 3 hours last night I'm not diggin it nearly as much as Modern Warfare 2 on my xbox. Either I suck using a mouse anymore for a FPS or maybe it's just that I forget how the BF games played..... I don't know. I mean I liked BF2 just fine.

Right now I'm almost wondering if Valve will let me cancel my preorder since it's not out yet so that I can pick up the Star Trek MMO instead.

Ghryphen
03-01-2010, 03:34 PM
I pre-ordered for Xbox. Will pick it up tomorrow.

Danerune
03-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Same it should be here tomorrow I hope.

Skillet
03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Go XBox!

Danerune
03-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I hate Silver and Swad now. Everyone WANTED VERY BADLY to play with them on xbox but they are too good for us obviously.

Grunt
03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Waiting for Steam to release the pre-load. And hell even I got the PC version this time!!!!

Swad
03-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry, nothing against the XBox, but Swad + FPS + Gamepad = very bad mojo. I've spent almost 15 years perfecting the awesomeness that is me in PC FPS games and just can't bring myself to learn something new like a gamepad for an FPS game.

Grunt: Did you start liking it any as you went through the beta? I know you had a hard time getting into it in the beta--wasn't sure if it grew on you after playing a bit.

CannonBall
03-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Played for about 3 hrs.LOADS of fun,but I'm as bad at BC2 as i was at MW2. Can't wait to play with everyone.

Traded in 3 games, got BC2 for $1.79, so I'm happy about that.

SilverTalon
03-02-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I'm with Swad on the platform issue. I've tried multiple console shooters over the years and while they can be fun and co-op is usually a blast, I have always hated the multi-player head-to-head. It was almost invariably a situation where I was having fun because of the people I'm around *in spite of*, not because of, the game. While I'm sure that would be the case if I got the Xbox version, I'd like a game that I stand a chance of enjoying even if nobody's around if I'm dropping new game money on it.

Also, the PC version has Hamma, the Gryphon voice stand-in.

Hamma
03-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Also, the PC version has Hamma, the Gryphon voice stand-in.

Indeed, and if this isn't a reason what is??

CDL Will also have a server..

Name: DragonWolves Lair Central Hardcore
IP: 67.222.138.104
Port: 19567

PC FTW! ;)

Grunt
03-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice, I'm about to start my download. Will hop on the CDL server later tonight if I can find a spot ;)

Ghryphen
03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Go XBox!

Got mine today, played a match. Killed 1, died 8.

Grunt
03-03-2010, 02:03 PM
That sounds about right for you Gryph!

PS Don't worry, I'm still a little below a 1.0 K/D ratio as well. It's my first FPS using a mouse in awhile and also plays a bit different than Modern Warfare 2.

My engineering skills are rapidly going up though... now need to get a good tank/bradley crew together :)

Anybody else notice that xfire seems to be under-reporting time?

Shadowspirit
03-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Ill more then likely get this for the 360.

Ghryphen
03-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Had a blast tonight, I killed CB with my mad helicopter skillz.

SilverTalon
03-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Yeah, my K/D is slowly creeping back towards 1:1...at about .84 at the moment which is actually a vast improvement from when I started in Gryphon-esque fashion.

Only thing I can seem to reliably get kills with is a sniper rifle though...and my trusty combat knife. The other weapons seem to be highly ineffective for me, even if the enemy has no issues with them...

On the upside, got a lot of recon unlocks yesterday...

Swad
03-04-2010, 07:53 AM
One unlock away from completing the Assault weapon unlocks and I still think I find the second unlock (XM8) to be about my favorite. I find it funny that typically in FPS games that your stock base level rifle is often an M16 or the like and in this they make the final unlock for the Assault class an M16A2 rifle. Probably on to medic after I'm done here. I haven't even touched the other 3 classes in retail and they're all sitting at 0 progress.

All in all having a blast. Would love to play with everyone together, but FPS platform preference is what it is and I know I won't change (and others won't either). So hopefully we'll each enjoy the game on our respective platforms and with those who chose to play on on said platform.

Danerune
03-04-2010, 10:22 AM
cb needs to learn to not back into trees and get us killed! also skillet had a stang moment last night hitting every mine on the road.

i am like 1.6 ratio lot lower than mw2 2.5 but i like this game more you earn your kills on this. i do think sniping is a bit op once u get used to the bullet drop its pretty easy tho the 12x zoom seems to help with bullet drop.

oh yah dont ride in helicopters with gryph.

Ghryphen
03-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I spawned at Dane last night just in time to see him get knifed in the back as he was sniping, I then knifed the knifer.

CannonBall
03-04-2010, 12:19 PM
1. Don't ride in a helicopter with Gryph.
2. CB will get Skillet killed on a ATV. (Incident 1)
3. CB will get Skillet killed on a ATV and run over his dead body. (Incident 2)

Skillet
03-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Had a Hangover "In the face!.... in the face!!" moment last night.

Got Gryph and CB on a boat with intro RPG from range :)

YouTube- IN THE FACE

Ghryphen
03-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Dane is our new chopper pilot, he kept us in the air the longest so far....though I felt quite sick once the ride was over.

Do not ride on an ATV with CB driving.

SilverTalon
03-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Was in a match with el Swaddinator and his buddies on some Conquest maps and I wasn't doing that terrible for once.

My personal favorite was one of those typical whiners going off in chat about how his team sucks, people on the other side with a higher rank are all no-life n00bs, "OMGTEAMS" when there was a 1 person imbalance, etc. In addition to being amusing, I called him out on his whining and he stops to type a response....STAB. :D

They should make whiney bitch dogtags silver or gold, IMO...

Danerune
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
we just have complaining in our voice chat with each other. lots of cussing going on from my end :p

Lots of laughing too when cb or skillet do something funny.

Oh and gryph had my back last nite and saved me!

the sniper radar thing is pretty cool too btw

Swad
03-05-2010, 11:37 AM
The last sniper gadget unlock? What does it do exactly? Haven't even cracked open recon yet.

Danerune
03-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Pretty much if you see some one and your cross hair is near them it will show them on map to your allies. Its sorta neat cuz you can pick up a lot of people at once or if that pesky sniper got you first before you got a headshot in at least you lit him up on map.

Ghryphen
03-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Dane and I dominated in a tank tonight, it was freeking awesome. Awards and points were just popping up all over the place.

Then I ran him over with a tank and he squished.

Skillet
03-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Yay EA.... my stats are gone.... back to lvl 1...

CannonBall
03-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Dane and I dominated in a tank tonight, it was freeking awesome. Awards and points were just popping up all over the place.

Then I ran him over with a tank and he squished.

...I'm speechless...

Ghryphen
03-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Yay EA.... my stats are gone.... back to lvl 1...

CB said you mentioned EA was having problems with their servers or something, my stats are ok. Hopefully temporary?

Swad
03-08-2010, 06:03 AM
It could be a temporary thing. There have been a bucket load of issues with the EA servers (surprise!) and I've heard of this happening, but I *think* it's just temporary. Can hope anyway.

For anyone who wants to really piss some people off, take the Remington 870 shotgun with the Magnum and 12 Gauge Slug specializations when you get them and turn into a real menace at any range. It's a one-shot torso kill at closer range and if someone isn't at 100% health, it's one shot at any range almost (i've had some pretty crazy one shot kills half way across a map before with it). Give it a try and maybe actually have some fun with the otherwise underpowered shotgun.

Ghryphen
03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Bad Company 2 tips (http://www.atomicgamer.com/articles/997/battlefield-bad-company-2-tips)

Ghryphen
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Stats-o-Matic! Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Stats & Signatures (http://bfbc2.elxx.net/)

Swad
03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Some fun with explosives and vehicles

Ghryphen
03-30-2010, 12:04 PM
New map modes today

Arica Harbor Conquest Mode: Take to the streets and put your infantry skills to the test! Capture strategic town positions as Arica Harbor is enhanced with Conquest Mode.

Laguna Presa Rush Mode: Capture and secure M-COM stations in Laguna Presa’s Rush Mode and discover all-new areas of the maps to take on the enemy.

YouTube- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - VIP Map Pack 2 Trailer