PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about..

tumitoto
01-10-2005, 08:36 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=726183&tmp=1#post726183

I think most of us know the horde vs alliance population in Mal's is kinda off. When a raid is conducted by alliance with 70ppls, came about 400 hordes after few mins. If the oppotunity present itself, are we going to look into this?

Ghryphen
01-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I am not interested in trying to coordinate a 70+ person move to a new server. We would lose a ton of the people with people who don't want to move, people who choose the wrong server, or other issues.

I think we can stick it out on Mal'Ganis, we survived a 4 day outage in the first week, we can survive until the server balances itself out. As more Alliance make it to higher levels this should start to balance. Besides, all the horde camp the noob areas, once you get high level you will never see them again because it is too hard for them to fight in their own level territories. :lol:

Stang
01-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Ya I got my character high now and really don't feel like starting over right now. Give it time Im sure things will get balanced out. Now if they had characters you could take to other servers and make it easy then maybe Im happy with things right now.

We just need to make friends with other guilds and get a big raid like the horde do and then stomp them out! I'm sure if we brought it up secretly like they did Fri. night we could get a massive group to do what they did.

Ghryphen
01-10-2005, 06:46 PM
You wont have to start over, they are talking about character moves.

destinysend
01-10-2005, 08:07 PM
we just need our warlocks high enough lvl to summon a bunch of doomguards..i'd love to see the horde try and pick on those.
btw go to www.worldofwarcraft.com look up the classes and under warlock where it says role: debuffer highlight the entire line, they gotz a hidden message.

Spinning Hat
01-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Hrm.. tried it, no dice. What's it say?

destinysend
01-11-2005, 02:51 PM
after "debuffer" it adds "and cool guy/girl"

Muzo
01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
No, it's going to get worse before it gets better for us. We are a high population server meaning people will leave form our server and going to other servers and the way things are going now (Horde own lvl 20-40+ areas) more alliance will be leaving than joining.
I will be seriously looking at this option if the PVP changes don’t make a difference with the way things are going for me. And honestly what good does having lvl 60 Alliance people do? Nothing that’s what! When cities get attacked it’s not always by 40 horde, 3 guys is usually all it takes to kill everyone in the city including guards and for those of us lucky enough to see 3 horde raiding a city watching all the alliance members that can actually put up a fight leave is a common site. Most of the people playing Alliance should have picked a PVE server and not a PVP server when character transfers come online I think we will see a significant decrease in the Alliance pop.

I hope that’s not the case because I don’t want to move to a different server but I’m getting a bad taste in my mouth playing on Mal’Goonis (yummy L2 gank fest).

Ghryphen
01-11-2005, 03:37 PM
According to WoWCensus we are dead middle of the list. The higher pop servers have double the players we have.

I think it would be a huge mistake for us to try and move servers. Unless you don't care about the team anyway and could care less about where everyone goes.

I would definitely wait until after everyone else has moved and see if there is future development for PvP long before considering it. Jumping the gun the first few days it becomes available would be a huge mistake, and nothing guarantees another server will be any better or could even have worse problems.

Stang
01-11-2005, 04:49 PM
I agree wait it out a bit at least. You never know the alliances on other servers might feel like they are getting picked on and move over to our server then that will give us more alliance guys to team up with and take the horde out. They also could buff up the guards too so they aren't taken out so quickly, bump up their levels or something.

Please don't jump the gun and move we need to stay together and see how this runs it's course.

Just chill

Muzo
01-11-2005, 07:32 PM
I ain't going anywhere any time soon. I stuck it out during the server being down I'm just pissy about getting ganked everywhere I go :)

Still :)

Plus if I leave who will be the guilds asshole???? You people need me and you want me BAD!

Jadal
01-11-2005, 07:56 PM
see comments about new channel in other thread

that is all

P.S. yourmom dont make me come down there

Ghryphen
01-11-2005, 11:18 PM
cum down where?

Jadal
01-12-2005, 12:59 AM
i keep tabs on yourmom so when he steps out of line i can pay him a visit

:shoot7:

Cptmorgan
01-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by destinysend
after "debuffer" it adds "and cool guy/girl"

Ok totally cant find it. Anyone else?

skEEz
01-12-2005, 05:41 AM
As much as I hate getting ganked, I'm not moving anywhere. Sure, I whine after someone kills me for no reason; however, there are times I return the favor =) From all of the resources I've viewed, we currently have around 11k players on our realm. About 5k of that is Alliance. Our numbers aren't that weak, we just don't have near the amount of coordination and or concentration of players in the higher levels. This will get better over time. I say we wait on the honor system to be implemented prior to making any radical changes.

Giantkiller
01-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Doomguards will do us no good, they are very, very broke at the moment.

Levo
01-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Pvp isn't nor should it ever be fair..that being said, I have no idea how thoese ppl made it to lvl 60 that are on our server. If your solo farming be prepared to be ganked.. I think the only reason I made it to where I'm at now is because of the instances we farmed all most every night..that and my trade skill..need tons of leather and dragon scales.
Try to always run around with a buddy..at least it'll give you a fighting chance when you are in combat with the Horde. Just the other day I got ganked by a rouge and I to bitched and whined as I was soloing. Just know that the lvl 60 horde or bored now and they will grief you for something better to do..I, like you just love to get off the gryphen and get a arrow in the back or a few hundred dots thrown on me..your like WTH...dead. The only safe place to xp is in a instance. So get your friends or pick up randoms and get it in there. Use that instance till you no longer get more then 100xp's per kill. Then do the next instance in your lvl range and so on and so forth.

I am nor will I ever move servers..I have no wish or stomach to start a new toon.

Peace be with you:
See you in the world.

Ghryphen
01-12-2005, 08:55 AM
I think the high 50's and 60 people of the horde are helping power people through lower level quests.

Splidz
01-12-2005, 10:59 AM
So how bad is the ganking, anyway? Seems to be lots of complaints about it. Apparently after lvl 20 you better watch out cuz it's a gank fest. Is this true? Cuz it doesn't sound particularly fun. And apparently the honour system will no longer have the dishonour points built in.

Do we do a lot of PvP as a guild, anyway? Or are we kinda waiting til most of our guild levels up high so we can go on big raids? I must admit that in spite of my worries about ganking the idea of going on big ATF raids where we gank the crap out of the horde does appeal to me. ;)

Ghryphen
01-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I dunno, I ran through Ashenvale, Stonetalon mts, and quested in Desolace last night, and hardly saw any horde.

Only once have I been moonfired from behind while fighting a mob, but I shaped into my travel form and made it where guards where near by and the guards killed the foolishly following horde. :lol:

Jadal
01-12-2005, 01:44 PM
The new ATF mantra should be:

Kill 4 horde for every death you suffer.

When I first started to hunt low lvl horde, I found them VERY near Southshore hunting as if they didnt have a care in the world and SOLO??!! That is just a smack in the face to everything that is right and good with the world. Now I've noticed that 50+ lvl horde will guard a low lvl buddy while he is farming. Much better for all of us :)

There are still plenty of horde who have not received word of the druid that brings death. They will need to be educated and I am honored to be their teacher.

destinysend
01-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Available to: Gnomes, Humans, Orcs, Undead
Type: Debuffer and Cool Guy/Girl
Standard Bars: Health/Mana
Pet Bars: Health/Mana
Available Armor: Cloth
Available Weapons: Daggers, Wands, Staves, Swords
Comments: Excellent solo class

there copy and pasted straight from the website..u gotta highlight the line where it says type.