PDA

View Full Version : PVP servers are tough

Ravok
01-28-2005, 10:50 AM
PVP == Solo

Solo == :nc:

I am going to make a hunter with a pet, so I can get ranged feats and have a fighter up front.

I hate soloing, even as a rogue. I am used to team effort. Slapshot was a good Hunter, but I deleted him. *stupid!*

I will see what I can make now, and get back to ya. Expect a Dwarf Hunter with a Crossbow.

Splidz
01-28-2005, 11:15 AM
How do you delete characters? I want to delete one.

I would think that PvP is the opposite of solo, the more you're with people, the better PvP is.

Splidz
01-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I just saw in another thread that you were a rogue...man rogues are probably THE most feared class for PvP. I wouldn't give up your rogue if I were you. I'm actually considering rolling a rogue alt.

Ghryphen
01-28-2005, 11:20 AM
From the character selection screen press the button that says 'delete'..that would be my guess.

Quartex
01-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Noooo that Deletes your account thingy.

Ravok
01-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I got a pal to group up with now... makes all the difference. Without a buddy, I was probably going to wind down like last time. Its tough when everyone just wants to duel me all the time. They dont realize my latency is usually 500+ and I generally only see people after they pass me by. So, a rogue is also a prime target for people in a PVP sense.

A Hunter? Not so much. Everyone knows a Hunter is weak up close.

Ravok
01-28-2005, 05:12 PM
The good news is that soon, I should be up and running with a faster computer system, which will bring the latency back down. I've been waiting for my birthday, and asked for the help with a new memory stick. The one I had is broken, so I am getting a new one soon. (I hope)

xXBlackWolfXx
01-30-2005, 11:30 AM
I would be utterly scared to go ANYWHERE in contested areas without stealth...

You never know when theres a rogue lurking around and about to slap you silly.

Ravok
01-30-2005, 08:38 PM
The trouble with me is Latency/Ping. I just can't put up a decent fight. A rogue needs to those special opening moves to maintain his strengths - by the time I click-fest - I am taking a dirtnap.

So - what I need is non-latency dependant support. A pet can work as a fighter, and I need to work as a Survivalist. I won't go out alone, I need to stay in a group - its just the way it is for me.

If I die, that is OK - I am not going to have the best gear in-game. Its gonna be stuff I make myself, so I can spawn in a graveyard and port home for the day if things go so badly I cannot fulfill my duty to our guild.

I am keeping my Hunter status, its simply my best option.

Garich
01-30-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't think Alex even knows how to walk around out of stealth. =-)