PDA

View Full Version : Should be getting WoW soon :)

Caithann
02-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Now oull have to deal with cathy in 2 games!! :rofl: :devil:

Payback time lebo

SilverTalon
02-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Bout time you damn slacker. :P

Wait...Cathy stayed in PS b/c Silver was there....now Silver moves to WoW and shortly thereafter Cathy does so too.........

I do NOT like where this is leading... :(

destinysend
02-04-2005, 02:47 PM
sigh..time to farm more mageweave for cathy's baggies....

Caithann
02-04-2005, 02:57 PM
no, cathy staying in ps had nothin to do with silver, no worries.

Cathy is gonna try WoW because friend of his told him about teh cool things, :P :grenoop:

Ghryphen
02-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Gryphon doesn't like it when people talk in the 3rd person.

Caithann
02-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Gryphon is no fun :P

But ok )

Stang
02-04-2005, 04:19 PM
And here I thought I was in a cathy free zone but noooooo he has to come in!

Hurry before they are gone though! Tell your parents you need to get it this weekend.

Caithann
02-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Worked osmethin out with parental units, If do all mah sheet till the 14th i canget WoW :P (convinced them to get copy this weekend incase theys top makin, But wills till have to wait i think :( ) So thatll give desty about 5 days with :)

:evil: :twhack:

Cass
02-04-2005, 10:03 PM
about time, hurry up and install it.

destinysend
02-04-2005, 11:21 PM
YAY!!!*jumps up and down* k..kinda being wierd..duno what's wrong with me.

Caithann
02-05-2005, 09:33 AM
So when is desty/stangers gonna get around to sendin me them screens? :P

xXBlackWolfXx
02-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Ack, that means we have to watch out for beamers. Then again, beamerfying the horde might be worth it.

What class you gonna be Caith?

Ghryphen
02-05-2005, 02:13 PM
So when is desty/stangers gonna get around to sendin me them screens? :P :box:

Caithann
02-05-2005, 03:18 PM
:haha:

destinysend
02-06-2005, 12:58 PM
http://img118.exs.cx/img118/7107/wowscrnshot0202051820333lw.th.jpg (http://img118.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img118&image=wowscrnshot0202051820333lw.jpg)
shortness...

Caithann
02-06-2005, 04:27 PM
on the professions can you only have a certain amount? or can you have all of em if you have th emoney for training?

destinysend
02-06-2005, 05:04 PM
2 main professions, unlimited secondary.
you can switch ur main if u want to but u lose any skill points you got in the tradeskill when you drop it.

Cass
02-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Become an Alchy, they have some great drinks in this game, mostly in the Dwarf bars.

xXBlackWolfXx
02-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Primary tradeskills include Mining Herbalism Blacksmithing Alchemy Engineering Tailoring Skinning and Enchanting

Secondary tradeskills include First Aid Cooking Fishing... thats it I think.

Stang
02-07-2005, 04:18 PM
:lol: Did you shrink destiny cuz that gnome standing by you is bigger than you are :).

Your gettin the game in a week then you'll have all the pictures you want :).

SilverTalon
02-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Mining = fun...

Skinning = fun...

Fishing = OMGWTFBBQ FUN!!!! :D

Yes, I have two characters with triple digit fishing skills...so sad. :( Where does one get Expert Fisherman?

Caithann
02-07-2005, 06:00 PM
I plan on Makin my 2 primary fishing /engineering, :)

:dad:

destinysend
02-07-2005, 07:00 PM
fishing is secondary cathy..if u getting engineering pick up mining or u'll be using lots of $$ of supplies.
and yea stang i shrunk myself..noggenfogger elixir..i got one of me running behind silver at like 1/4 his height.

Cass
02-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Where did you get it? i want to be small.

Caithann
02-07-2005, 08:15 PM
damnit, i hate you guys :silly:

been hyped about this game now... :boring:

destinysend
02-07-2005, 08:54 PM
its from gadgetzan..cept its a 1/3 chance of shrinking...either u become a skeleton, turn light as a feather, or shrink.

Cass
02-07-2005, 10:03 PM
get me some, lol. what lvl mobs i want some of those.

destinysend
02-07-2005, 11:29 PM
lvl49 mob u get it from...tanaris..quest from noggenfogger...and then u go to hinterlands to dive in a pool for mushrooms. i would get u sum but its 35s a potion and its soulbound when u buy. lvl35 required to use the potion.

SilverTalon
02-08-2005, 08:25 AM
damnit, i hate you guys :silly:

been hyped about this game now... :boring:

Awww...poor Cathy...

The game is great, great fun. :) For reference (and as a comment on sadness), I installed the game on January 30th (early in the morning) and it is now February 8th. In that time, I have been highly entertained playing it *heavily*...like, I'll be there before Stang gets on and (normally) be on a few hours after she leaves. Think if you calculate it out, I've logged about 70 hours in the game...for a little over a week I've actually spent more time in WoW than I have at work. :D

<3 WoW...and if you see Stangly in-game...well, only one thing can summarize it:

:idhitit:

Gryph ain't too shabby either mind you... ;)

Caithann
02-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Trivial question, but how is the exp at lower levels? :P Like if I got WoW finally and I played maybe straight through week ( With school of course >.>..<.<..) what lvl should I be at during weekends?

SilverTalon
02-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Ummm....I think my current character has been around for about four days...and since two of them were weekend days I'd *think* that'd translate into a week of normal play...

I'm level 22 on that character (half way to 23 with a handful of quests to close out)...the other character I played for about five days is level 17...sooooo, somewhere between 17 and 22 (I was receiving complaints that I was leveling my warrior too fast...lol). :)

Of course, the second character leveled faster because the first character had gone through most of the hard quests and already found the easy solutions. :D

Oh, and as soon as you get out of the n00bie zone (should be the first or second day depending on your approach) get to Ironforge (assuming you don't take a dwarf and start out relatively close). The Auction House is most certainly a two-edged sword, but if you sell your trade goods there, you can do quite well. I splurged last night on new armor and a guild tabard (about 3-4 gold total...which is kind of pricey overall) and selling off copper and dropped items (<3 to Desti for helping with the ogres) I made 5 gold...tidy profit AND new armor. :) Yay me...

Caithann
02-08-2005, 06:14 PM
:flush: Trade items? you mean just like the stuff i find on ground or mine or WHATEVER?!?!

destinysend
02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
he means random items you loot from mobs. typical play time of maybe 3-4 hrs will get you atleast to lvl10 or so if u do like every single quest you come across, if you take the time to kill all mobs in your path i believe you should hit maybe lvl 13-14.
[edit] btw when ur higher lvl 2-3g is pretty easy to come by. cept you get to blow 100g(unless your honored then 90g) to buy your mount at lvl40 and then well for my prices on my spells skyrocketed to about 3g per spell.

SilverTalon
02-09-2005, 05:42 AM
Yes, the economy scales up the more you level...just like everything else. That which would have cost you a couple pieces of silver start to cost many pieces of silver. Those that cost you many pieces of silver start costing a few pieces of gold...then start costing many pieces of gold...etc.

And getting honored isn't that tough if you like your race's mount. If you don't, and you want the mount of another race you need to be exalted, which is kind of a bish to do I'm gathering. But yeah, I'm already honored amongst the Night Elves, and I'm only lvl23. :)

And trade goods also applies to the stuff you mine and skin Desti, so much so that Blizzard actually terms them as such. :P But yeah, on an average night I can count on mining about 120 copper total (of course, I play a long time and I'm a mining slut) and selling it for about 2g. You'll find it difficult to actually spend that much at the lower levels... ;) Higher levels tho, that's pocket change.

<3 WoW...especially since I had my "Master-of-Arms" idea and am now training up a variety of weapon skills. :) My listing of weapons skills will no longer fit on the character pane and I have six different ones already at or above 100 (my current cap is 115...oh yeah! Skills have a 300 max level...your weapons skill caps vary with your level...trade skills varying with your training which is sometimes level dependent).

Hurry up Catheter!

Caithann
02-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Uurrrgh, 5 more days, hope its still in stock, never got it durin weekend....Saturday should be easy though :D Got a concert to go to ...

I wanna be an engineer because honestly...exploding sheep sounds really evil...like....really :evil:
And Fishing is a fave pastime of mine ( And i love eatin the fish :D)

Caithann
02-10-2005, 12:03 AM
TEH WOW IS MINE!!! Parental unit is officially surrendering my copy of WoW tomorrow, well, today since its midnight now, after school!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cant sleep, so i forum whore!

SilverTalon
02-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Welcome aboard Catheter. :) It'll be nice to see you again, though...as I'm sure you'll understand...no where near as nice as it was to see Stang and Gryph again. ;)

Have you finalized what race/class you're going to be? :) I have characters that will probably be in the right range to help you out once you get past the newbie quests that you should be able to do with your feet...

Can also probably make you some decent gear if you'd like and can use it...it'd help my smithing and/or leatherworking. :P

Caithann
02-10-2005, 08:01 AM
to be honest silver i hope youll be on in a bit, installin gnow at 8 AM PST :P Dont ask about school and i wont ask what you do when you watch x- men with no sound.

***Augh! Now after 50 mins its finally done installing now i gotta aptch :( ***

Ghryphen
02-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Sweet

Caithann
02-10-2005, 10:12 AM
so whos gonna volunteer to hold my hand on my first day? :P

Ghryphen
02-10-2005, 10:14 AM
I will volunteer Silver.

Caithann
02-10-2005, 10:15 AM
:lol:
Well i finally finished downloading the patch now i guess its applying it...2 hours later.

xXBlackWolfXx
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
The first patch on these games is always a pain in the ass.

I gotta go to work so I wont be there when youfirst start playin :(

SilverTalon
02-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I don't mind showing you the ropes Catheter...I'll be working on Silvertalon when I get home in about an hour so just send me a /w Silvertalon and I'll help ya.

And of course, Gryphy will be there to hold other things later. ;)

Stang
02-10-2005, 04:13 PM
OMG the parents gave in early! :D

Playin with Cathy again? Hmm is this good or bad? :p

destinysend
02-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Yay! cathy is ingame now! come on hunter boy u got a long way to go to catch up.

Caithann
02-11-2005, 12:33 AM
got lvl 11 before i had to sleep, and pet is lvl 10 now...which brings up

what are pet train points used for? I clicked on em and such,

destinysend
02-11-2005, 03:14 AM
you get pet skills, trainer teaches growl which is useful to keep aggro off you, if you tame other beasts they give skills.
spiders i know give bite, as well as wolves.
birds and bears give claw.
cats are supposed to have cower-lowers aggro for your pet.
you get better ranks from higher lvl mobs.

SilverTalon
02-11-2005, 04:45 AM
So when DID you go to bed Cathy? :)

I get "Ok...well...I'm going to bed now" and then when I get back from my ISP hiccuping, I get a whisper of "HELP ME! This is EATING MY SOUL" :)

Then a bit later, my ISP goes down for quite some time (didn't log in until this morning, and I'd been killed >_<) and obviously Cathy wasn't on then....so we have sometime between 11:30PM PST and 4AM PST. :)

Caithann
02-11-2005, 08:48 AM
about 1:30, Dad poked h is head into my room and said "(Caithan) Go to slee!" And ...yeah that was that....

it was hard sleepin after having played that game since 10 AM XD

Caithann
02-11-2005, 08:49 AM
No school today cause i got a doc appointed at 9 30 :P

SilverTalon
02-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Trying to figure out why you would play a video game for 15 hours straight? ;)

CannonBall
02-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Don't feel bad, when MG was down after release, I created a horde toon on Lighting Blade. Played for 17hrs straight. Mrs. CannonBall said I took a TOTAL of 45 mins in breaks in that 17hrs. Don't remember it's a blur...

Splidz
02-11-2005, 11:42 AM
17 hours, jeez you guys are friggin crazy! I think the longest I have played was about 7 or 8 hours. I was drinking the entire time (I had beers lined up on the table so I didn't have to get up) and when I finally stood up afterwards I almost blacked out cuz I had been sitting for so long. Instead of taking washroom breaks, I pissed into a pop bottle.

Just kidding about that last part. But the washroom, which is right next to my office (where I have my computer), was the only break I took the entire time.

Caithann
02-11-2005, 12:33 PM
JC about pets still, because i went to pet trainer and he was *Selling* growl for some mon-ayz but it said required lvl 20, so do i put my pet instable or what

SilverTalon
02-11-2005, 12:38 PM
As you move on to bigger monsters, you rapidly discover that wearing leather against a bear doesn't work too well. ;) Your pet is quite valuable if you learn how to let it aggro the monsters before you shallack it with arrows. It's a heck of a lot easier to raise a cat and catch a fish every now and again to keep it's health all the way up than it is to tromp from the graveyard every five minutes.

destinysend
02-11-2005, 02:54 PM
okie this is what you do. stable your current pet go tame random other beasty, if it has a skill it will teach it to you when it uses it. you can then release ur new pet( get rid of it i dont remember the functoin name) go get your pet outa the stable and under the beast training it should show skills like you get from a class trainer. using tp ( if you pets got any) you can then teach your pet skills.