PDA

View Full Version : Damn name change

Cptmorgan
02-16-2005, 07:59 AM
As most of you know my name was changed to Kech (fkin gay name).

Well i had to send in some names i would want it changed to so i sent in :
CaptainM and Capitano

and wtf do they say? DENIED!!

What kind of shit is this!! And they dont say weather or not if the name is taken or not allowed. So i checked both by creating new charaters...STILL AVAILABLE!!!! this is such bullshit.

Anyways i might be friggin Kech for a while.

:rant:

Splidz
02-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Probably because those names are or include titles, which are not allowed. I can't name my character MisterSplidz or just Mister, for example. Changing it to SenorSplidz or Senor (e.g. Capitano) doesn't make a difference.

My suggestion is to make a name that abides by the terms of service. ;) Why not use Morgan or some variation of it?

skEEz
02-16-2005, 10:52 AM
I think if you read through all of the terms of service regarding names, you'll find that any name you choose could be subject to change. Some are just more obvious than others. They have really been going overboard with the name changing. In your case, I can see where it clearly states in the terms of service that titles aren't allowed. But who really reads all that crap before making your name? And what wtforz is "Kech"? I think if you look into it, they are probably violating their own terms somehow on that name too. I'm just waiting for them to change mine anyday now...

Ghryphen
02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Hehe, wonder how long before ChestyLaru is changed.

Torque
02-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Now those.... would be fighting words.

Frils
02-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Send in "NameTBD" as a suggestion

Stang
02-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Ya after hearing his name got changed Im just waiting to log in one day to see my name changed to something so stupid. They should at least give you a few days to change your name on your own before changing themselves. Kech sounds worse! I can see why maybe they changed your name but ya sometimes it can go over the top about the names.

Wont be long for your MonkeyNuts name to get changed too. Try not to keep testing them over and over though cuz it could get ya in trouble and that would suck. And try not to keep creating names and making a buttload of alts for the guild as one person doesnt need 10 alts :). Make all the alts you want but not all need to be in the guild if your just testing Blizzard or whatever it is you be doing.

Cptmorgan
02-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Probably because those names are or include titles, which are not allowed. I can't name my character MisterSplidz or just Mister, for example. Changing it to SenorSplidz or Senor (e.g. Capitano) doesn't make a difference.

My suggestion is to make a name that abides by the terms of service. ;) Why not use Morgan or some variation of it?

I thought this too, and this i could understand more. But they specifically said in the first e-mail that it was a trademark issue.

edit: BTW if you guys have any suggestions for names lemme hear it, I've been CptMorgan for soo long i cant think of anything

Splidz
02-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Mo
Mor
Morg
Morga
Morgan
Morgant
Morganta
Morgantas
Morgantase
Morgantasec