PDA

View Full Version : Other server balance FYI

Klorel
03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I know others have considered messing around with a Horde alt and some already have. I was just checking through the servers and noticed a couple that have a good balance (something we don't have on Mal'ganis). It seems according to WOW census that Bonechewer server has ~5000 of each side. Another good one is Bloodscalp ~7000. Just something I noticed as I was running though the servers. I didn't check them all but just a few. See ya in-game

destinysend
03-02-2005, 05:18 PM
did u check to see if we'd have to sit 5 hrs in a que each time we wanted to long on? cause 5000 on each side or 7000 seems like it'd fill the server with a 500+ person line waiting to log in..

Klorel
03-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Just so you know there are ~5000 Alliance on our server and ~12000 horde

Quartex
03-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Well, I know I can take on two Orcs. What's the problem? :P

SilverTalon
03-03-2005, 07:52 AM
That there will be 2.4 Orcs. ;) It's that .4 that really makes a difference...

Ghryphen
03-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Well according to warcraft realms it is Alliance 6,837 Horde 10,696, that is 1.6 Orcs. These census sites are soo inaccurate and do not take in account for alts, I am sure there are whole guilds that are just goon squad alts.

And if you play Horde on another server, the general balance is that Alliance outnumber Horde on most servers and you will have just the same problems.

Stang
03-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I've heard from some of our friends that play Horde on other servers that they get a que that destiny is talkin about, not worth it to me. If I pay for a game I want to be able to get on and play not sit in que.

We can handle our own and we got Quartex to kill for us :D.

Ghryphen
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
I get to kill Quartex? Why don't people tell me these things!

destinysend
03-03-2005, 04:49 PM
um..im sure u can try to kill him in a duel gryph..gl doin that.
btw if ur planning to make a horde alt why not try the new severs? i mean they should be balanced with no lvl60 losers camping lvl 12 areas for a kill.

tumitoto
03-05-2005, 08:50 PM
By just looking to the wowrankings and my game play experience, I am pretty sure Mal' server population is way out of balance. Whenever I killed a horde, that guy will go cry to his/her buddies and then come 5+ horde. I was expecting some guild alliance as we discussed previously and it doesn't look like we are having progress thus far.

Spinning Hat
03-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Horde does sound kinda fun, just don't like the whole starting over thing. Maybe this summer when I have a little more time. :D

Jadal
03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Well according to warcraft realms it is Alliance 6,837 Horde 10,696, that is 1.6 Orcs. These census sites are soo inaccurate and do not take in account for alts, I am sure there are whole guilds that are just goon squad alts.

And if you play Horde on another server, the general balance is that Alliance outnumber Horde on most servers and you will have just the same problems.

Not to beat a dead horse and not to take sides one way or the other, but:

1) I would make the point that if the WoWRankings are inaccurate, which may or not be the case, then they are inaccurate for everyone on all servers. If that is true, then their inaccuracy IS accurate. Which is to say, taken as a whole they are an accurate REPRESENTATION of what is going on for each server. Furthermore, as we can all atest to, when horde get beat in a small battle they very soon seem to appear in great numbers almost immediately. To my mind that is evidence enough that there is a drastic disparity between population sizes.

2) Playing horde on another server doesnt necessarily mean there will be a similar disparity in reverse. By using WoWRankings as a guide we would be able to make an informed decision. Furthermore, the game was DESIGNED to give horde an advantage strategically in order to make up for perceived disparity in numbers.

I plan on making a horde player at some point if time and RL responsibilties allow me to keep playing if for no other reason than to experience all the content of the game and get my monies worth.

When and what server are not really worth thinking about as I have much to do with this toon.

Just 2c