PDA

View Full Version : Guild Self-Suffciency

Ardamir
03-10-2005, 02:41 PM
As we all know, every character has two proffesions but supplying materials to devolp these professions is difficult. For example Cannonball can make 14-slot bags which are incredibly useful. However, the materials to produce these bags is a huge burden on his behalf so the guild should financially supply cannon with the means to acquire all the necessary means to produce these bags.

The same goes weapon and armor smiths, our tailors and enchanters. I am also looking for a way to have an AH guide, that has the prices for what items will usually cost.

Thats my two-cents...

destinysend
03-10-2005, 02:44 PM
we usually do provide materials for things u want tailors, enchanters. etc. to make. i mean when i was on dane and nanami supplied me with countless bundles of runecloth for bags i handed out to the guild. imo if a guildie asks you to make sumthing for them do it for free if u have the mats. if not ask them to help you obtain them.

ps- i should be back in soon, miss ya'll

Spinning Hat
03-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I try to do that whenever I can, even if my Tailoring is only 65 or 70. Frankly, I like being a tailor, just don't knw what to have along with it, since I can't use leather Items, etc. as a mage.

CannonBall
03-10-2005, 03:32 PM
That has been the case. Cass and Stang sent me so much silk to lvl and make stuff it was amazing. If Gryphon requested some bags for folks I always made what I could and if I didn't have materials, he would always provide me with some.

Most people send what they can in way of materials when they request items.

Some professions I think are a little harder in terms of aquiring materials. I really can't provide Cass the majority of materials he requires to make a weapon, but if he asked for a piece of Mooncloth, I'd give it to him as fast as I could.

If you need something Ardamir just ask....

Stang
03-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes thats all you have to do it speak up majority of the time people in the guild are there to help out everyone in their professions when they are able to. If you don't speak up then of course you don't get help. I don't think I've see anyone not ask for something or get help to get them something they need in this guild. Everyone is willing to help but if you don't say something you loose out.

destinysend
03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
mooncloth is a pain to make..2 fel cloth and a moonwell..once every 4 days to make 1 piece.

Cass
03-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Well now that i think about that and Linara is progressing WAY faster than me, so if i can get Linara to go Axe smith i might drop blacksmithing for may by skinning and send out the Ore/Bars and leather that people need. I would be more help as a gather person than an extra blacksmith which we have enough of such as skeez.

Or what do we need more of Leather or Herbs?

Stang
03-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Hmm might be about the same not sure though.

Fearce
03-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Leather and herbs are always needed.

Personally, I would like more herbalists though to collect as much mats we can to start producing Major Mana Potions... No one in the gulid has made them yet which is depressing b/c I refuse to pay 5g for a thing of 5 potions.

Just my opinion though...

Shoddy
03-16-2005, 10:33 AM
I almost never see anyone in the guild asking for leather. Then again, I almost never see anyone asking for herbs either.

Ardamir
03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Spiders Silk!!

Klorel
03-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Just for the record I'll take your herbs. Ones I curretnly need are Sungrass, Khadgar Whisker, Purple Lotus, Goldthorn. Some of them may be mispelled but I don't have the game up and running ATM. Those are the ones I can think of right off hand. I don't have the recipe yet for major mana potions only greater ones.

Torque
03-16-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm working on my Alchemy too. At level 150 but if you all can provide herbs I can level pretty quickly. I'll let you know once I check what I need.

Ravok
03-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Alright, since herbalism is group friendly - I will switch from skinning to herbalism for my Paladin. The Knight of the Weed is born. :-) "I only pick the best stuff."

Spinning Hat
03-16-2005, 10:28 PM
I've got skinning and tailoring, need a leatherworker to take my scraps and make some light leather, etc. for Boots and other items I need in my recipies.

Fearce
03-17-2005, 07:38 AM
I've got skinning and tailoring, need a leatherworker to take my scraps and make some light leather, etc. for Boots and other items I need in my recipies.

If you need any LW work done, send the mats my way and tell me what you need done.

skoog
03-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Has anyone else thought of trying to maybe have 2 people in each profession and then the rest of us just gather for them....

say 2 engs, 1 gnome 1 goblin and so on... I 'm not exactly sure on the specialization of this for the rest of the.

Right now i'm doing mining, but i would gladly pick up herbalism and drop my pathetic blacksmithing(40). Maybe what we should focus on is havign peeps gather, sell unless the item is specifically needed by our crafters...

Of course my other idea of having guild taxes/treasury won't be liked either.

(some very basic ideas on how to do them)

once a (week/2 weeks/ month) you pay either 1g per lvl or 1s per hour played (type /played to see this) which ever is less. Ideally some of the higher levels could help out more with this.

Things we (guild) could buy...
materials so crafter can plvl. Basically the guild would pay for the materials to get the crafters skill to max plus recipes. After that if a guildie wants an item that requires some rare materials, the guildie would need to help offset that cost.

mounts, as a reward possibly for our guild members getting up high. (we would need to generate serious cash to be buying 900g mounts for peeps)

As far as a treasurer goes, we could have gryphon create a character... to use as treasurer or someone else the guild selects.

This cash may seem like a lot, but if everyone is doing gathering and keeping all thier linen/wool/cloth and selling at AH you can generate a lot of cash quickly.

I know we also talk aobut having guild aid, such as run throughs or protection from goonies. one way we could around this is possibly issuing some of the lower lvl peeps the dragon summon items(not sure the name) that the engineers make. basically we could issue these to our lvl 20-40 peeps to use as protection from pvsp goonies. Just one idea.

(/me ducks and hides)

Stang
03-17-2005, 04:17 PM
You really can't limit professions for a number of people and then have everyone else gather because not everyone plays the same times. Its nice having more than one of each profession on that way if you need something you can get it from at least one of them if they are high enough.

We are majority of the time have the materials for everyone within the guild and if something is needed everyone is there to help to get it weather it be someone in the guild that has it or has money to give so they can get them. I don't think we need to go as far as to have someone set up an alt to take the money and distribute it out to those that need it. From what I've seen everyone is there to help.

Cass
03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Can someone have 2 of the same profesion? like have WeaponSmith and ArmorSmith at the same time?

Fearce
03-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Can someone have 2 of the same profesion? like have WeaponSmith and ArmorSmith at the same time?

Nope, since they both are part of Blacksmithing and you can only select one route to further your profession.

Quartex
03-18-2005, 07:26 AM
Plans for the major mana potion dropped off the darkmaster last night (scholo). Unfortunetly, they are a BOP plan. Ferion will have to farm it with us.

Fearce
03-18-2005, 07:44 AM
Plans for the major mana potion dropped off the darkmaster last night (scholo). Unfortunetly, they are a BOP plan. Ferion will have to farm it with us.

Q is right as far as the Major Mana Pot being a BOP recipe, but once you do a few Scholo quests, you will be able to see the ghosts in the town right outside of Scholo and you can then buy the Major Mana Pot recipe off one of the vendors.

So we need to focus on getting Ferion that recipe, it is not too bad to do. Just have to kill most of the bosses in Scholo one at a time. This is easy since we have already done it as a guild.

Just a matter of scheduling a time to get 10 people together to go run through the quests.

Quartex
03-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Ya so lets schedule something for tonight then. I'll be away skiing on Sat & Sun. If we can get organized we should be able to do 2 zones like we did before. Sooner we start in the evening the better.

Ghryphen
03-18-2005, 09:18 AM
So we need to focus on getting Ferion (and Gryphon) that recipe, it is not too bad to do. Just have to kill most of the bosses in Scholo one at a time. This is easy since we have already done it as a guild.
Fixed :D

Quartex
03-18-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't see why Gryph couldn't come to get those quest's (if he can) and just watch the show. Heh.

http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?q=1341

Ah lvl 55 req to start chain.

Stang
03-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Damn I was going to say he could use that recipe too.

Start leveling boy! :D

Fearce said you could by the recipe off a vendor in the area so could one of you pick it up for him or both of them or does it also BOP?

Spinning Hat
03-19-2005, 12:27 AM
WTF is BOP? too many new terms... :p

Garich
03-19-2005, 01:15 AM
BOP = Bind On Pickup
BOE = Bind On Equip

Fearce
03-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Perhaps Gryph can come along, guess that won't be a problem. However, usually the quests that are level 61, you need to be level 56 or something.

We'll see if we get a guild raid organized.

Spinning Hat
03-19-2005, 09:35 AM
I haven't seen any recipies BOP yet... Is it an herbalism thing, or do all professions have it?