PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

Calimitous Mayhem
03-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Hello everyone!

:newsold: <----Hahaha sorry saw this and laughed so hard :)

Ahh well a little bit about myself : I'm 21, In the Army currently serving in combat. I've been playing MMO's since june of 2003.(DAOC, COH, EQ2 and now WoW) I just recieved my copy of WoW recently.

We have satellite communication so it's viable to play everyday if I wanted to. Like the majority of you guys I obvisouly have stuff to do during the day that would not allow me to play all the time hehe. So i play as much as i can get considering the circumstances(usualy 1-4 hours on avg).

I just started playing WoW and am starting to like it, but like all MMO's it's not truely fun until you play it with other poeple. I like healer classes cause I'm pretty good at it if I can say that without sounding arrogant. I've always noticed since I began with MMo's that most healers have no idea what they are doing so I began playing one and got kinda good at it and have been comented on it as well. I played a Friar in Daoc, a Empathy Healer in CoH and a Cleric in EQ2 so I have a little exp in that area. Not sure If I'll go with druid or priest in this game yet, I've tried preist and druid so far, I can't judge the classes yet as I've only played solo so far. Made it to lvl 3 for priest and lvl 7 for druid. I'm +8hrs ahead of EST so by the time I get off work it's midnight EST and I can play up until 4am EST. It's prolly not best of time cause I'm on night shift over here but I'm willing to try and get on when you guys are.

I love MMO's and playing solo is fun but only to a certain point and I've always had a guild or at least my close friends to play with online. However they do not have computers over here so cannot play with me. I guess that's why I'm trolling around on different forums looking for a guild I'd have fun in, that's what i like about MMO's, having fun.

I know this is a really long post I apologize. i can do that sometimes without realizing it hehe. Well my name in game is Calimitous, a night elf druid fighting the good fight in dolanarr(sp?) atm and I hope to play alongside you guys sometime or at the least see you in game.

Also real quick, i was wondering what lvl to start worrying about getting ganked hehe. I'm all for PvP and not afraid of it but just kinda curious when to expect it at least. Thank you all for your time. See you around, Cheers!

Ghryphen
03-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Welcome Calimitous, feel free to ask someone for an invite in-game, just do a /who Allied Tribal Forces and ask one of the members listed.

Ganking generally starts happening in your 20's as that is when your questing takes you into contested territory.

Calimitous Mayhem
03-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Awesome thanks for the pre-invite I guess you'd call it. I hope to play with you guys soon enough. Also wanted to know the guild needs more, priest or druid, I can play either since they can both heal. I'm a night elf druid atm or I'll be a Human Priest. Let me know soon if ya can.

Again thanks guys. :umlol:

Stang
03-21-2005, 04:14 PM
We have a handful of Night Elfs but it doesnt matter go with what you want to play we want everyone to have fun playing the game.

Welcome and hope to play with ya! :D

Ghryphen
03-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Yup, play whatever you like. Can't have too many priests though :D

Ardamir
03-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Welcome aboard! You're fighting the good fight both in and out of WoW!

Calimitous Mayhem
03-21-2005, 05:44 PM
:grenoop: <-----HAHAHA love that one too :)

So Stang you mentioned handful of night elves...is that as in too many or too few? Also how many druids and priests are there around? I think I'll enjoy either one but i'm gonna play the priest more today so I can get a feel more for it. I'm still new to WoW so not sure which would be better for me. From what i can tell druid is more on buffage and turning into raging bears and stuff haha sounds cool. And priests can either super heal or prevent heal in way of shields. Still though not sure cause i haven't been able to find any good info in that regard on the net yet. Most of it is pretty vague. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome so far and I'm excited to meet you guys. :bounce: I get off here in a few hours and look forward to playing. You guys might not be on that late but hey I can still hope :P is there a time zone post somewhere on the forum?

later,
Calimity

destinysend
03-21-2005, 06:09 PM
kinda reminds me of syko..
anyway welcome aboard. since i only got experiance playing as a priest all i got to say is:
1) most will specialize in shadow talents till late 50's and go disc/holy. its kinda universal that shadow will greatly increase your soloing time. and going by what you said if you stick to a priest i'd recommend to go shadow, for what talents to get and what not ask danerune since i personally went disc/holy spec till lvl50 (was a pain in the ass).
2) shadow priests can reliably keep a group alive in any instance before molten core and onyxia.
3) if you do go disc/holy, its a harsh struggle for lvls, your damage output is pretty low. you'll mainly have to group for experiance too.

well thats the major points i believe..for druids go poke up stang or gryph or whoever else is a druid.

I'd recommend playing around with classes, imo most priests in WoW know what they're doing by the 20's(which is about when you'll start to need em)..usually.

good luck finding which class you want to play.
Des~

Calimitous Mayhem
03-21-2005, 06:36 PM
heya Des nice to meet you. I thank you for your comments. It's helped more than what I can glean from the net so far. My only concern with going shadow more then disc/holy would be respec'ing. if I can't then I'd rather suffer cause I got nothing but time over here hehe.

I know I post alot cause I'm on night shift right now and nothing happens haha. Another quick question : I'm not sure how the ranks work for abilities. With the druid I played with, I pretty uch bought any ability that was available to me. So by doing that is it hampering my spec? Hehe gosh i hate being the noob again! :noob:

later and thanks,
Calimity

P.S. I like the Sig btw Des. :)

destinysend
03-21-2005, 07:47 PM
heck no, though i don't know if druids got any useless skills right now..buy the spells you can afford.
now priests on the other hand..
mind soothe- nerfed so that it's practically useless..
mind vision- nifty spell..really only use it to pass the time..
smite- pickup mindblast and i garentee that this will be useless..
elune's grace (NE racial)- absolutely useless, don't even touch it..
the rest is worth getting (unless i missed one of the other really crappy ones..)

respec'ing shouldn't be a problem..though if you respec too much (like me) your gonna go through alot of gold. to respec just talk to your class trainer..each time it costs some gold.
1st- 1g
2nd- 5g
3rd- 10g
4th- 15(or 20g)
5th- 25g (should be about where i'm at..i think but yea i'm gonna pay 25g for my respec..*sigh*)
des~

Calimitous Mayhem
03-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Cool, that's good info to know and avoid those spells. I guess I didn't phrase the question right though. I mean it sounds like that as long as I can afford the spells I can buy em. is there a limit to how many you can have though is my question. So for instance if i wanna go DISC/Shadow/holy with 50%/35%/15% respectfully at end spec. So should I not buy certain spells that are available to me cause it would take away from my total I can have in the end? I'm a vet of DAOC so I guess I think of spec's in that way. I know I'm being a headache i'm sorry. Im noob I know! :grenoop: thanks though your being supremely helpful.

Spinning Hat
03-21-2005, 09:57 PM
No, you want as many spells in your abilities list that you can afford. Talents are where respecing comes in, and you'll start to accumulate talent points after level 10, 1 for each level. (hotkey N) So if you can afford the spell, buy it, and set it up in your quick action bar. Also, head over toThe Cosmos Mirror ( http://cosmos.thzclan.com) and check out the comos UI mod, it's really helpful, even at lower levels. Also, there are "Ultimate" Talents that you can acquire after spending 30 talent points in an area, which is something else to look at when specing your character for the long run. Did that help more?

Calimitous Mayhem
03-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Awesome thanks Hat!, that made sense after a fashion. Not saying Des dint not help me just was little confusing to a WoW noob! haha, well I'm about to log in so hope to see you all :)

later,
Calimity :grenoop:

Cass
03-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Welcome, if you do ever change and want to play a tank DO NOT play warrior i got sucked in to that and now im just a paly that had to pay for his mount and cant heal.

Ravok
03-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the Group!

Splidz
03-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Welcome aboard.

Please play a priest.

Thanks.

Just kidding - but a priest would sure be helpful. They are also excellent in PvP, especially solo PvP. They are extremely hard to kill. I go out of my way to kill priests, cuz they bug me so much as a warlock. I think the key is doing as much burst damage as possible when they get kind of low on health, so that they think they have some room to live and suddenly they take about 800 damage in about one second. Otherwise they just keep healing, casting DOTs on you, healing up more...it drives me crazy!

Calimitous Mayhem
03-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks again all for the welcome, I got invited yesterday by Cass when I logged on :) woohoo!

So I created a human priest and started playing! 2 hours later had me at lvl 7. Hehe i found out exactly how hard it is to kill a priest haha! I got power word:shield and haha that was awesome, uninterruptable heal then go back to bash the enemy hehe, i liked that and i see that as very useful for pulling mobs. Slap it on the MT and would mean less healing anyway. :) Problem I ran into however was that from what I could tell, there is no new spells from lvl 7 till lvl 10. Not a big deal really but for a priest solo'ing(not many people on when I was on) it sucked cause the mobs got harder but I didn't hit that hard anymore hehe. So I got a bit frustrated and decided that was a good point to try another class. The Pally! Now right off I'm walking around swinging this big two handed hammer! haha that was a thrill compared to my little mace from before :P So it was interesting running around killing things with devotion aura and different blessings and stuff to use. Very cool class so far and only lvl 5.

And that's where I'm stuck. Priest or Pally. i have so much fun with both. I guess i didn't have as much fun with priest cause not that many people to play with. So I'll play it again so more today. Just going to have to get past that block of no new spells till lvl 10 I guess.

Thanks again for the welcome and helpfulness guys :P

later,

skoog
03-22-2005, 02:20 PM
pally is very easy to solo... very powerful... almost to much....

they just dont' have the huge dps you need in PvsP to finish someone quick, but they live forever.

destinysend
03-22-2005, 02:55 PM
i told you playing priest is a bitch till around lvl 20ish, that's when if you shadow spec you recieve mindflay, from there it gets a bit easier. btw we only rock in solo pvp if shadow speced..otherwise we're kinda cannonfodder..group pvp priests are usually targeted first so its best to sit back a little. as i said before priest suck at solo until you reach into the shadow tree. if you do stick shadow i recommend maxing out spirit tap to minimize your down time and later on like lvl40ish or so repec it into black out. personally since im trying for a spirit heavy build i went for spirit tap instead.
sry bout not clearing up about the stuff earlier, kinda used to rambling on and people knowing what im ranting about.
des~

Calimitous Mayhem
03-22-2005, 03:09 PM
HAHAHA that's ok Des. I understand. it was helpful just a little confusing cause I haven't at that point seen some of those spells yet so didn't know what they did or when I'd get em. So far I'm taking your advice and buying all the spells avaiable to me. I've tried to look at the unavailable spells at the priest trainer. I saw some of the ones you said were useless and i agree haha. Some i'm curious about though. mana burn i'm defiantly getting at least rank 2, smack a mage with that if he tries to get me haha! I forget the name now but the one that does fire dmg, is it any good? i've seen mind flay and it does look better than smite so I'll pick that up.

one thing I'm still confused about is you mention respec. Spinning Hat mentioned that I could buy any spells that I could afford. Now according to that I could have all the spells in the spell tree eventually. Only thing you respec is the talents. guess since I haven't seen the talents yet is why I'm confused still. and about solo'ing the thing i mentioned earlier is it's frustrating at lvl 7 cause i got no new spells and I'm facing tougher mobs! hehe but I'm still holding on to the hope that it won't be so bad and just grin out until 20 where as you say it will get better. Cya guys in game.