PDA

View Full Version : Latency

Calimitous Mayhem
03-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone! :)

Just curious what everyone's Latency is during the game on avg. Mine is gonna be so much more than your guys cause I'm playing from the middle east with a satillite! hehe. I've seen 500 before but most days so far it stays between 1000-1300 which is playable cause there's only a sec delay or maybe two sometimes. Some many people were on the sat conn yesterday that it rose to 3000 so i stopped playing hehe. But just wondering what you guys usualy play with so I can day dream abotu being back home and playing without any lag :P

Thanks,
Calimity :grenoop:

Ravok
03-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, my net latency hovers around 500 - 1200 depending on the population in the server.

My main problem is that my system is pretty slow for this game, so most of the time, I dont see other players - only a black dot moving on the ground. I am glad in parties, I can check the faces to the left and keep track of everyone.

Shoddy
03-23-2005, 03:07 PM
105ms is common for me. Seen as low as 70.

Stang
03-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Between the 100-200ms

Where is your home over here? And when do ya get to come home :). Our friend just got back from serving over there and its great to have him home again.

Calimitous Mayhem
03-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Umm well my home while in the army is Savannah , GA. But I'm getting out upon the time i get back so I'll be going back home to Tulsa, Ok. I'll be there for probably at least a year. Not sure if I'll be going to out of state college or not yet. But that's where I'll be playing from when I get back in 2006, I can't say when cause it's not certain yet but I got here in Feb. so maybe april or may when I get back.. Still not sure though so who knows.

skoog
03-24-2005, 07:21 AM
usually like 90ms

Splidz
03-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Averages about 130-150.

Frils
03-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Wow Savannah....so is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil an accurate representation of Savannah society?

BTW...WoW runs MUCH smoother since I axed cosmos...something to think about.

Quartex
03-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Nerf cosmos!

Ghryphen
03-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Mine is in the 150's but the past coupld of days it has been quite laggy with the patch happenings.

BTW: * < Cosmos! Buff Cosmos!

Calimitous Mayhem
03-24-2005, 03:09 PM
You know I hven't seen or read that yet but someone I work with said it was a good representation so hope that gives you an idea. They said it's pretty much a true story for the most part. I don't know the story so can't compare it to what I know of savannah.

Those latencies look good wish i had it that good but i have to deal with what i got right?...yesterday really sucked..i got off work 2 hours late and when I got to the internet cafe a dust storm rolls in so my sat connection started to suck badly hehe. So I didn't get a chance to play much yesterday. hehe, it got so bad I looked at the latency bar and it said it was at 4000! can you believe that! I just sat down and logged out, figure I'll try again tommorrow. Desperatly trying to get up to at least lvl 20 soon so I cn at least play with a few people from the guild hehe. I can solo some what but it sucks without anyone to talk to. Well gotta go back to work.

Later,

Spinning Hat
03-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I play with a 58-120ms ping. It's nice, but I'm lucky with very few hops to the servers. :D