09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
We did too!

Swad
09-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Halo what?

Juuuuust kidding. I'll leave now. :p

Spinning Hat
09-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Anyone going to post any impressions / Mini review before anyone else buys it? It's on my Christmas List, but I doubt I'll get it before then.

CannonBall
09-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I'll pick it up this weekend. I haven't played any HALO before, anything I should know?

Grunt
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm about 5 hours into the single player campaign. Good storyline like all the other halo games. Seems to at least mix up things a bit better than ODST did. Multiplayer has a nice map voting system so every map choice is made by the players which is good. Some of the maps however seem a bit uninspired. Of course I haven't played them all yet nor have I tried ALL of the different modes.

The firefight co-op mode is tons of fun and I'd like to hop on with you guys in that for sure.

Overall, it's a fun, solid game. I still prefer MF2 for multiplayer but this is still fun and will get some of my time.

Shadowspirit
09-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Haloes Review:

Campaign: This was probably the best overall story with Halo. And yes I said halo has a story. There were actually some side quests to do which were kinda fun. I beat it on normal in about 6 hours or so. Alot of vehicle combat, only of which one sucked ass.

Firefight: Not the biggest fan of this in ODST, but there are alot more options in reach.

Forge: I love map editors, so my opinion is bias, but its awesome. The forge world is pretty big and you can build bases/map alot easier then 3. I made a fairly big base in two hours or so.

Matchmaking: I wouldn't use the word easier but its just different from the other bungie games. The cool thing is that you customize your spartan armor and make yourself an "individual." The only thing that I hated was the lack of maps. I think it shipped with like six maps plus remakes that bungie made in forge world of past maps. And like grunt said you can vote for three maps/options so it helps you to avoid crapping options on crappy maps.

Overall the best halo game. It you like/loved any other halo game then pick it up. If you a call of duty fan, probably wait for black ops. I "grew up" on halo, so I love it. Still nothing game breaking new but a soild for sure.

A-

fenwood
09-17-2010, 02:30 AM
gaylow reach around

CannonBall
09-18-2010, 06:37 AM
I shot people. I didn't kill anyone, but I did shoot them. Dane shot me in the head, Skilby beat me down with pummel. That's how my game goes.

Grunt
09-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Finished it this morning. LOVED the ending of the game, setting up the original Halo like they did. Just an excellent way to to a prequel.

poonster
09-18-2010, 05:12 PM
I also picked it up, but get that disc read error:(

Dane, Skillet dammit, invite me to play :(

Stang
09-20-2010, 04:42 PM
So you play as you do in BC2 CB? ;) Flat dead on the ground.

Stoke
09-20-2010, 06:36 PM
So you play as you do in BC2 CB? ;) Flat dead on the ground.

CB tries very hard to emulate the Stoke method of playing these type games.