PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the void of two options...rogue question.

Wepwawet
04-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Sup all,

Stickinya here, my question is much more oriented at those with high lvl exp with or as rogues. My rogue is now at only 16th so far and though i realize i have much to look forward to as well as to learn, my question seems to be: which is better, the SS/Sword build or the BS/dagger build?

I know I have looked at the possibilities of both so far and though the ss build seems to be an obvious look, I tried the dagger bs build in group combat and I noticed some great damage as well. The problem is that I can only build up to one of these builds. I was looking at going 30 assasination / 21 combat for the seal fate/bladefurry combo and have been looking forward to it. As my friend also has played his ss sword build rogue to low 20's before he was amazed at how low my damage is compared to his on his rogue as the dagger obviously does much less damge than the sword. I told him that I feel my build just won't come into real power til i get poisons quest done at 20 and also til I get a few more points into the latter dagger/duel wield damge bonus talents later.

So I guess I am asking that while trying to get to the point in which I have the points (talents) to do the build im looking at (bs/dagger) should i go to ss sword while trying to lvl as it seems to lvl faster by doing more damage in a shorter period of time atm?

Thanks also to all those ingame who have helped out with potions here and there and the like. You guys are great to talk with and fun to play aside. Can't wait til I catch up a bit more to play along side many of you and gank anythign movin :P

Laters and thanks for replies in advance,
Stickinya

PS-I love playing the rogue and I will enjoy either build...looking to increase groupability though as doing damage is my role so any ways to do so are very helpful.

DarkFact
04-27-2005, 12:09 AM
To lvl SS/sword or mace is the best. As far as builds go it's all up to you, lots of ways to go and really ends up being a personal preference.

Just remember to use a slow mainhand weapon, 2.4sec or greater.

Wepwawet
05-01-2005, 02:15 PM
well after having heard this i had decided to try sword/sword and did add-on of weapon swaping for dagger/sword in stealth.

Man this is outstanding. I think ill look at this for a while for lvling and maybe pvp also. I have about 1.8-2.0 speed and often use slicendice also for picking it up a bit for more than one mob at a time.

I am looking at this build overall as it seems to match my playstyle thus far:

Assassination 31/combat 20

malice 5/5
imp evis 3/3
ruthlessness 3/3
imp slicendice 2/3
lethality 5/5
relentless strikes 1/1
imp instant poison 5/5
cold blooded 1/1
seal fate 5/5
vigor 1/1

combat

lightning reflex 5/5
imp ss 2/2
deflection 1/5
precision 5/5
imp evasion 2/2
dual wield spec 5/5

I was kind of stuck between vigor and bladefurry though i figured i would like the extra energy better.

Also I am currently in skinning/mining, wanted to ask if i should change to herbalism/mining or stay with skinning?

I did also want to ask about how to do the cooking quest for thistle tea as I am about ot hit 20th lvl tomorrow I thought it was available about this lvl range if anyone knows how/where it would be appriciated.

Thanks for your time in advance,
Stickinya