PDA

View Full Version : Da Noobs!

Calimitous Mayhem
04-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Hello everyone in ATF!

Just wanted to ask what you guys think of us noobs? Wepwawet and I(Aka, Stickinya and my various alt names) I imagine it must be frustrating to try and remember who I am in particualr since I've tried so many different classes so far since beginning the game a month ago. Highest toon so far was a 17 rogue on another server and my 19 pally on Mal'Ganis. Probably would be bout 28-30 by now if I'd have stuck with one toon. Tried priest first. Got to about 12 I think. With the latency that me and my friend Stickinya(Wepwawet) have to deal with I thought it would be to hard to play a priest. We on average have 1000-1500 latency everyday. With server spikes up to 3000 or on rare occasions 11000! <-----I'm not kidding! AlphaPriest can attest to that one! haha. Then I tried the mage, loved it for awhile until about 14...started dieing alot. Didn't think I couldplay the mage cause it just didn't fit my play style(Do dmg, and/or healing). While I was doing alot of dmg with the mage I wasvery vulnerable once the mob(or in the future,a player) gets to me. May not be an issue for most people but for me just doesnt work as well as I thought. Ah then the Paladin. Absolutely loved it all the way up till 19 where she sits now. Got to reading the boards about pally's and how well they do pvp. Since I'm on a PvP server and abosultely love PvP. Well those posts I read pretty much sumed up the pally during PvP. Buff, heal, Cleanse rinse and repeat. While if I was on a pure PvE server that's what I would love to do. But not PvP. So that brings me to the rogue. My second character and got her to 17 on a diff server and was having a blast. And I've downloaded serveral movies about all the classes I've played so far to see how they do in PvP and I think I'll have the most fun with rogue. After all that's what it's all about right?

I apologize to everyone about the confusion I may be causeing and such. Just trying to find what works for me I guess. :) Her name is Calimitous. I'll see if I can get her invited into the guild today if that's ok with you guys. Don't worry shoddy and syn, those bags you made me are not in vain, I transfer em over to my alts when I switch. Thanks again for making em for me :P I really look forward to the days me and Stickinya get to play side by side with you guys in the high-end instances and mass PvP. Should hopefully be 2-3 months max I think with the rate lvling goes and our dedication to the game. Sucks cause me and him are limited to about 3-4 hours a day at the intenet cafe. Should be getting our own satelittle where we live so could increase to about 4-6 hours a day! So let me know what you guys think and I'd be glad of any criticism you send my way! I can take it :P Cya in game everyone.

P.S. I know all my toons are chic toons but I'm a dude. Hehe, someone asked me one day why I play female toons and was mortified by the very idea. It may sound stupid by it's very simple really, Being killed in PvP by a chic toon is kind of intimadating. I mean isn't it? With the mass majority of people of play MMO's they play guy toons, And think it completly wierd of those who play chic's.

Ghryphen
05-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Hehe no worries, you have to find what you like. Though it is hard to keep up with the name changes and still know who you are :D

Wepwawet
05-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Sup all, I should hit 20 today. I absolutely love the rogue and have had sooooo much fun. Just wanted to send a quick shout out to Alphapriest and to Halbas for the help and fun we had on VC run and say thanks as that was my first instance ever and i was able to do it with guildies. Also, I am going to start working on finishing up a quest in redridge "something mill" then i think i can start the poisons quest.

I am curious though as to ask where I should start looking to go quest and location wise after lakeshire/redridge and also at about what lvl?

Obviously I am a noob to the game still and did have a large question rogue related. In video's I always see the rogues using Cheap shot rather than ambush. I do see why however, I am going to still set up my build with ambush in mind and would like to experiment in using that in pvp. My issue then is with mages' what are some tips or advice when battleing them?

I had in mind amb>(expect blink so sprint..run to them)>kick>kidneyshot>vanish ambush>ss>evis.

if vanish is not up then prolly two SS's>evis.

Just wanted to see what you guys think or see more often.

Looking forward to seeing you all online one day or another,
Stickinya (wep)

Stang
05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Do whatcha gotta do to find the character you really enjoy playing thats what we want from everyone here.

If you join the guild with alts just let us know which ones to keep and others you don't mind lossing as we try to keep the roster clean. We enjoy having you guys part of ATF so no worries guys :).

Codsworth
05-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Im sorry....who are you???

Calimitous Mayhem
05-03-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm Calimitous!,.......Who are you!??? :twhack:

Caithann
05-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Im Cathy..who are you???

KWood
05-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I play chicks...who wants to look at a guy's backside all the time?