PDA

View Full Version : confused

insaneferret
03-30-2003, 05:02 AM
saw your outfit in the PSU database and it looked the best to me, how do i join

from houston TX used to play alot of T2, mostly playing BF1942 these days though, waiting for PS, will be playing as a pilot/agile armor assault

:shoot6: :shoot2:

jonnyb
03-30-2003, 06:48 AM
well there are multiple clans that make up this larger outfit. for example im from Tappa Kegga Brew, but there is also THZ, x-men, and los among others. i think you just ask the CO of the clan u want in then u will be in here.... i think thats how it works heh.

insaneferret
03-30-2003, 11:48 AM
so once the game goes gold are all of these ppl going to be in the one ATF outfit, or will they be separate, because i saw TKB on the PSU outfit database as well as ATF but none of the others were there

:bounce: :shoot3:

DaRB
03-30-2003, 11:54 AM
we'll all be under the ATF umbrella, i believe TKB was on there as we'll most likely play on other servers as well. but ATF is going to be playing US Central.

does that help answer you question?

insaneferret
03-30-2003, 12:10 PM
yea, thanks for the info, man i cant wait for this game to come out, i check PSU for new info like 3 times a day

Maz
03-30-2003, 12:11 PM
THZ(T1 and T2), SoUP(T2 and BF1942), LoS(T1, T2 and BF1942), XMEN(T1 and T2) and TKB(not sure) are all Tribes clans that all united to make one big ATF clan.

Spinning Hat
03-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Ok, so Johnny and Darb have done a great job of explaining things so far. Your best experiance would be to join one of the member tribes, and then you're automatically in ATF.

A little Overview of ATF: We're a group of affiliated Tribes clans that have formed this alliance to create the Allied Tribal Forces outfit in planetside.

Basically, we're like a templayers guild in T2, like the Dragon Talon Mercenaries. ([DTM]) Basiclly we like to have people in ATF from member tribes, but when we have independents coming in, we like to encourage tribal membership first, and we also let them know that we do have an Indie squad if you do not want to join any other Tribes.

Tribal membership is usually easier than ATF membership, but we like having fun loving respectful individuals here. We have some peeps in beta, so we're getting a really good understanding of how things work in the game.

If you're interested in checking out some member clans, I've got some links for you;

http://www.xmenclan.org <-- XMEN site
http://www.thzclan.com <-- THZ* site
http://www.lordsofsteel.net <-- LoS site
http://www.dragontalonmercs.com <-- DTM site
http://www.soupforyou.net <-- SouP site

If you have more questions, you can post them here, or you can Email me at spinninghat@thzclan.com

Ashaman
03-30-2003, 03:05 PM
What about TKB, Hat?

:(

Dionisus
03-30-2003, 04:00 PM
www.tappakeggabrew.com

Maz
03-30-2003, 04:07 PM
happy now Asha :)

Spinning Hat
03-30-2003, 05:44 PM
I figured TkB had already pt in a link... I didn't read very closely. :/

Ashaman
03-31-2003, 02:34 AM
No, Maz, I'm not happy now.

SmackDab
03-31-2003, 08:29 AM
Speaking from a Houston area TKBer, hell about 10 of us are here in Houston area. We'd be honored to have ya if ya meet our recruitment criteria. Not too strict at all, mostly an age thing.

Check us out at http://www.tappakeggabrew.com

We're prob going to have a few LANs at my house if the bandwith isn't too great from the client side, hope to get 10 or so on the cable line, man that would rock for some combined assaults and some beer guzzlin! Not to forget a huge pot of chicken and sausage gumbo!

PsychomanX
03-31-2003, 09:10 AM
argh . Farkin dialup I hate it..

I just posted this once but it wasnt my turn to have a packet from earthlink so I lost my whole reply in page not found error.. ARGH..

Anyways.. I will have to make a TKB lan but on other hand were closer to starting this Wireless ISP so I may be tied down here for like next year running this.. But that would also mean we are prime candidate for hosting a Lan here in Colorado springs then we could all play planetside and hot have a bandwidth issue at all. THe basement here is hugemungous. Room for about 35 and it has its own kitchen.. Kids bedroom has 4 beds in it and there is also extra bedrom upstairs. Send kid to neighbors to stay the night.. We could do a TKB garden of the Gods pic shoot.. LOL just show the flatlanders around some.. Depending on who comes out and how long there here we could goto royal gourge and check out that.. Dunno or just play the whole time. LOL

DaRB
03-31-2003, 10:54 AM
if you makes the gumbo, freeze me a cube and mail it up here foo!!!!!!!!

SmackDab
03-31-2003, 11:32 AM
Yea!!!

http://www.tappakeggabrew.com/smacklan/images/IM000111.jpg

Spinning Hat
03-31-2003, 11:58 AM
WTF is that shit in that pan? Baby Poo?

Freebird
03-31-2003, 01:39 PM
No no...make some o' that Phat-assed Pheasant Gumbo.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... nummy. :D

Freebird
03-31-2003, 01:40 PM
BTW

:hijacked:

SmackDab
03-31-2003, 01:46 PM
Shit he's not from the south, he has no idea about food like this I bet. Creole yummy....made with roux. Coonass style...

DaRB
03-31-2003, 01:56 PM
omg, hat,

smax gumbo has been served at EVERY TKB LAN where we have a match, and we ALWAYS win, it has powers, plus, its the bomb goodness for the belly.

me has recipe somewhere......

DaRB
03-31-2003, 01:58 PM
ack!

i deletd it!?!?!!?!

send me that shit again smackie

Walks on Clouds
03-31-2003, 09:40 PM
But, to get back on track:

Insaneferret: You say ATF seems to be the best outfit in the PSU database? I couldn't have said it better myself. You are very much welcome, even though these old-time bastards over here hijack your thread. :D

Hope to see you ingame by release.:shoot6:

*edit: I will also emphasize the fact that we would prefer if you applied to one of the member tribes, which would give you instant membership in ATF.

DaRB
04-01-2003, 12:38 AM
shut up woc, we talking about gumbo mane, GUMBO!!!

Walks on Clouds
04-01-2003, 01:33 AM
:lol: :hijacked:

insaneferret
04-01-2003, 03:23 AM
10 in the houston area:D cool, i sent in an app for TKB, the form didn't ask for my age, i'm 19, (dont worry, i dont even like beer, which you seem to drink profusely) an that gumbo looks pretty good

jonnyb
04-01-2003, 04:00 AM
17 and i drink all the time..... :( :(

but never when i play becuz my parents never leave the house.

DaRB
04-01-2003, 04:45 AM
u poor, poor deprived child

Spinning Hat
04-01-2003, 05:12 AM
I think if the XMEN do not have another MegaLAN, I may have t go to Houston or something....

Freebird
04-01-2003, 07:11 AM
SH, the HouLAN is a blast. Been there twice, but it's a long ass drive. But if there's one in this area--hell, there are getting to be about as many MN peeps as there are in Houston.

10,000 LakesLAN 2003!!!! W00T!!!

:rockon:

PsychomanX
04-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Oh your gonna have a lan eh?

HEHE cool.. I think I am now further from Minn then I was when I was in Ohio.. Skoog get your ass out here we need numbers to have Colorado lan rights.. LOL

skoog
04-01-2003, 09:47 AM
screw you biotch... I was working on getting the ohio numbers up but then you had to go and cut us in half mofo.

Spinning Hat
04-01-2003, 10:39 AM
It's 900 Miles From Denver to St. Cloud where I live. :) Forgot how far it is to columbus, but it's about the same.

SirDiesalot
04-01-2003, 10:44 AM
why don't we have ATF lans and alternate between houston and mn?

insaneferret
04-01-2003, 11:28 AM
i'm addicted to anti-beer, anything caffienated, coke, coffee, bawls

insaneferret
04-01-2003, 11:31 AM
MN!! whoa,i'd never drive that far for a lan

speaking of lans, any of you houston guys been to gladiators gaming center yet?

SirDiesalot
04-01-2003, 12:16 PM
why not? SH and Ravok drove a bunch of us down to dallas. and SH drove all the way back hyped up on yellow jackets and energy pills.

Walks on Clouds
04-01-2003, 12:34 PM
How about a LAN in Gothenburg? If you guys got your lazy asses over here, I swear I'd fix a place to be and all the other stuff. It'd be a blast! :D

Freebird
04-01-2003, 01:59 PM
HELL YAH!! ATF-LAN in Germany where the beer generously flows and I can drink in the fine German women......uh, scenery. That's what I meant.

:D

:idhitit:

Walks on Clouds
04-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Hm. Well of course we could go to Germany, but it's a way off from Gothenburg, Sweden. :p But we have a brewery in this city as well, if beer is all you want. :D

DaRB
04-02-2003, 04:39 AM
AHAH!!!

I FOUND IT!!!!

teh gumbo:

Roux-

Equal parts flour and oil (slightly less oil)

½ tsp. onion powder

½ tsp. garlic powder

salt & pepper

Tony Chachere’s Cajun Creole Seasoning

Stir in frying pan until slightly brown (DO NOT BURN)

Put in large cooking pot with:

12 cans or 4 boxes of chicken broth

Polish sausage, chopped

Chicken thighs or legs (dark meat)

Assorted spices (no oregano)

One can stewed tomatoes

Let boil for 1 hour

Boil ½ bag of rice

Serve gumbo over rice in bowls…serve with very cold beer!

Later

Makita

jonnyb
04-02-2003, 05:27 AM
omg.... im moving to TX. my ex-gf's grandma made the same thing except i duno what she called it.

Freebird
04-02-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Walks on Clouds
Hm. Well of course we could go to Germany, but it's a way off from Gothenburg, Sweden. :p But we have a brewery in this city as well, if beer is all you want. :D

Oops. Uhhh, yeah Sweden is cool. And so is their fine Swedish scenery. ;)

I have no idea why I thought Gothenburg was in Germany, but I know we've got a TKB member in Germany... :D

DaRB
04-02-2003, 07:21 AM
SHUT UP BIRD!!!

this thread is about gumbo, now git w/ the program!!!

Spinning Hat
04-02-2003, 07:27 AM
I am afraid of gumbo... Something wrong with flour and oil mixing as the base of a food substance..... *shudder*

Freebird
04-02-2003, 07:50 AM
SHUT YOUR PIE-HOLE DARB!!! :twhack: I'm talkin' about LANs. How'd you think we got to talking about gumbo in the first place.

....but since we're on the topic....

Flour and oil is actually used by a lot of chefs to thicken broths and the like. If you dump flour in by itself, it clumps up and sticks together and then you get lumpy crap rather than a nice thick and hearty base.

BTW: how come the gumbo recipe doesn't say how much of either flour and oil. Are we just supposed to eyeball it? :confused:

Malthus
04-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Yep...you can't really tell how much to use because every time you make it it's gonna be different. It will also depend on how thick you like your gumbo (or soup or stew or gravy). :)

Thanks for the recipe!

/me is a big cook and always on the lookout for new stuff to try :)

Ashaman
04-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Roux is the base for almost every soup/stew/gumbo from the south.

You can basically add any kind of starch to something to thicken it. Mashed potato in clam chowder, cornstarch to turkey gravy, flour to chicken soup.

It's only a roux when you mix the starch with an oil. Olive oil and flour is my favorite to make.

I was wondering, Darb, in your gumbo could you use white meat chicken. Say smoked chicken mixed with baked chicken (each seasoned differently)?

Ooh! have you tried adding celery and/or carrots to that?

DaRB
04-02-2003, 07:05 PM
^^^^

yes to all of that.

and roux is traditionally equal parts fat and flour, whatever u use for fat in your area,

me, i use a pound of butter, to a pound of flour (3.5 cups) and the longer you cook it after the butter melts and u mix in the flour, determines, taste, and color added to whatever you put your roux in, so, you can have blonde, brown, and black roux, perspectively, although black really isnt' burned, its more of a deep brown.

Spinning Hat
04-02-2003, 08:43 PM
It makes me not want to eat it, really.

DaRB
04-03-2003, 07:02 AM
ther is some kind of thickener in almost everything u EVER eat when u go out, salad dressings, soups, sauces, etc. i really dont see why it bothers u that much, i mean, u get like half a pound of roux, ( just over a cup or so MAYBE ) for 5 gallons of stuff....

thats really not that much.