PDA

View Full Version : China To Limit Time Playing MMORPGs

Ghryphen
08-25-2005, 12:34 PM
This is an interesting story :o

Shanghai. August 23. INTERFAX-CHINA - The Chinese Government unveiled a new system Tuesday to prevent individuals from playing online games for more than three consecutive hours, which must be installed for every online game in the country.

"This timing mechanism can prevent young people from becoming addicted to online games," Kou Xiaowei, Deputy Director of the Audiovisual and Internet Publication Department of the General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP), said during a press conference.

The new system, developed under the guidance of the GAPP, stops individuals from playing online games for more than three hours by cutting the abilities of game characters. The new system cuts the ability level of a player's online game character by half after he or she has played for more than three consecutive hours. Once a player has played for more than five consecutive hours, the system cuts the ability level of that player's character to the lowest level allowed by the game.
Read More... (http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.asp?aid=4913)

Muzo
08-25-2005, 01:06 PM
I need something like that so I don't get so freaking pissed! Gryphon make me a WoW addon that after 5 minutes of game time my screen gets covered in pink flowers for 10 mintes then lets me play for another 5 minutes. I think that might solve my problem.

Nizuttz
08-26-2005, 05:44 AM
I could just come over with a stop watch and beat the shit out of you after 5 mins of game play.

poonster
08-26-2005, 10:10 AM
sucks for them wacky slants

Codsworth
08-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Wait a damn minute!!!!

If China is doing this, then how will the farmers farm for gold?? More importantly, how will I buy the gold from them off Ebay? Also, its fun not inviting them to your group cause everyone assumes they will ninja stuff

Ohwell, they do have an occupation in Tibet which much be stopped at all cost..guess theyre devoting their time to this instead.

Ghryphen
08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
They will each just have 3 accounts and rotate them as time runs out.