PDA

View Full Version : Hey all... I'm new and willing...

mecra
04-02-2003, 08:42 AM
That sounded dirty, but my intention isn't.

I'm very new to the Planetside community and I'm starting the Beta tonight. I'm going to try and focus on Support roles like an Galaxy/Eng pilot for tranporting troops and repairing armor.

Tonight I'm going to be spending a great deal of time in the simulators getting everything under my belt so I don't look TOO much like a newbie when I start playing.

I really like the idea of support and would find it most fun to be able to drop off a squad right into a base and help them out whatever way I can. Heck, I can even try to command if you like. (I've had some commander exp with previous games: Tribes, Tribes2, Allegience, clan stuff, etc.)

So, keep me in mind if you guys are on. I'm going to be playing in the Central server as I live in Duluth, MN so I hope to see some of you around!

Spinning Hat
04-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Hi merca. I'll be online most likely tonight, and you can add SpinningHat to your buddy list, as I am on the Beta as well. I am a pilot, as I have the MagRder, Reaver, Harasser, Sunder, Galaxy, and AMS Certs. So Vehicles Is my thing... We do not have many Comat Engineers yet, nor do we have Medics, but another Pilot never hurts I suppose. But I really want to get a full Galaxy and drop it on a base... Full load of 11 people with an ANT and take a base.... mmm.....

mecra
04-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Spinning Hat
Hi merca. I'll be online most likely tonight, and you can add SpinningHat to your buddy list, as I am on the Beta as well. I am a pilot, as I have the MagRder, Reaver, Harasser, Sunder, Galaxy, and AMS Certs. So Vehicles Is my thing... We do not have many Comat Engineers yet, nor do we have Medics, but another Pilot never hurts I suppose. But I really want to get a full Galaxy and drop it on a base... Full load of 11 people with an ANT and take a base.... mmm.....

Like I said, I can morph to whatever role is needed. If you already have a good group of pilots, I can go for just being a Combat Eng with Medic ability.

Spinning Hat
04-02-2003, 10:42 AM
That'd be sweet! Just make sure you've got some weapons capability too. We get into plaenty of firefights.

Malthus
04-02-2003, 11:00 AM
no medics? :mad:

SirDiesalot
04-02-2003, 11:06 AM
SW has a combat engineer character i believe

Spinning Hat
04-02-2003, 12:48 PM
SW is mostly Combat in general I think.. I have yet to see him fix anything.

Ravin
04-02-2003, 02:36 PM
He fixes those irritating enemy soldiers just fine. Anything else, well, he'll never be known as Mr. Goodwrench.