PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XL

Ardamir
02-05-2006, 06:36 PM
The refs in this game are horrible. They are definatly throwing the game in favor of Pitt...

RagingSamster
02-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Meh, the hawks did more to lose than either the refs or the steelers did to win. What was up with the last minute of the first half? Here's your trophy Pittsburg, it was like Seattle just gave up after the first drive. Dissapointing, but the better team won. Not that they showed superb skills, but Seattle didn't play anywhere near the caliber they showed the rest of the season.

Torque
02-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I thought the Seahawks got screwed out of at least 10 pts maybe 14. Much less allowing momentum to shift to Pittsburgh. What was up with the push in the end zone. I almost thought the rules were for flag football.

Seahawks did screw up on 3 field goals tho while Pitts captialized on everything.

Ghryphen
02-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Their were definitely terrible calls, and the worst were when we had huge plays. Had that been Hasselbeck getting stopped on the end zone the refs would have not called it a touchdown. The Hasslebeck call when he blocked below the waist on the interception shows how eager the refs were to flag the Hawks.

The time management in the first half was awful and the touchdown pass out of bounds with another one following it killed us. Letting Roethlisberger run so much was ridiculous too.

I'm glad they made it to the Super Bowl though, a lot of teams didn't.

Grunt
02-06-2006, 08:58 AM
I really think that neither team played particularly well. The steelers offense other than the 3 big plays just sucked, the seahawks were a little off on their timing and execution (just out of bounds catches, stupid ass stevens dropping balls), and the officials I admit weren't great.

I'm glad my team won but overall the game just wasn't up to par this year.

Ardamir
02-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Next year Cowboys are going all the way.

Ghryphen
02-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Quoted for posterity.

Stoke
02-06-2006, 09:53 AM

Quoted for Stupidity

TimberWolf
02-06-2006, 10:37 AM
I had watched a Superbowl a few year back and never saw what was so amazing about it. Every year since all I hear from people are complaints about the Superbowl, such as the refs, and how the game doesn't even match or surpase those of the regular season. And with the internet providing access to the commercials, why even watch it?

(I did not watch it this year because I have both of my midterms this tuesday and I am not doing well in Physics right now)

RagingSamster
02-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Tom Landry and Roger Staubach FTW! (ooops, I think I just aged myself) Cowboy were my favorites back in my younger years - 30+ years ago.

Seattle is a pretty young team, If they can stay together and free of injuries they have a good shot at being back next year.

Ardamir
02-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Stoke is just mad that the Cowboys beat his Panthers this year.

Stoke
02-06-2006, 12:18 PM
The talk for next season has already started.....

From this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11191783

On the NFC side, the Seahawks could conceivably repeat, although it’s more likely that Carolina, and to a lesser extent Philadelphia, will be there in the end. The Panthers are better than the rush-less kitties they appeared to be against Seattle in the NFC title game. And the Eagles, plus a healthy Donovan McNabb and minus the T.O. carnival, should return to prominence. Atlanta, the New York Giants, Tampa Bay and Minnesota all are legitimate dark-horse candidates to pull a surprise.
But the likely matchup for Super Bowl XLI will be New England versus Carolina, with the Patriots coming away triumphant.

Oddly enough...the Cowbiys are not mentioned....

Stang
02-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Naw Carolina will just get tired of all the road trips they have to take and get tired out again :).

Belenos
02-06-2006, 08:11 PM
DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS (yes, I learned out how to copy and paste) Give Rex more xp and he will rock my pants off.

Stang
02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
:lol:

Ardamir
02-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Stoke, the media also said Texas had absolutly no chance against USC but was we have seen, they were proved wrong. Cowboys....all...the..way.

Stoke
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Stoke, the media also said Texas had absolutly no chance against USC but was we have seen, they were proved wrong. Cowboys....all...the..way.

A blind squirrel (Or in this case Longhorn) will sometimes by mere chance find the nut.....

Ardamir
02-08-2006, 11:45 AM
:worry: But find the nut no less they will...