PDA

View Full Version : My FF Team sucks

Stoke
12-11-2006, 04:50 AM
My FF team sucks so bad that I lost to the filler team that didnt even have 3 players playing......

:rolleyes: - > :confused: ->:worry: -> :eek: -> :gah: -> :( -> :disgust: -> :mad: -> :cry: :flush:

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Your real team ain't that great either. :)

DID YOU KNOW: The Carolina Panthers currently have the same record as the Miami Dolphins?

True story.

Stoke
12-11-2006, 05:45 AM
From an article in todays Charlotte Observer on "Who This Team Really Is"....

They are the team that made the Redskins look acceptable and the Eagles look heroic. At Bank of America Stadium on Sunday, they are the team that made the Giants look like the best 6-6 group of players in NFL history.
Sad.....

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 05:49 AM
w00t for those "heroic" Iggles.

DID YOU KNOW: If the Eagles win their next two games, they will be in first place in the NFC East?

Granted, the likelihood of this happening is insanely remote...but the fact remains. :p

Stoke
12-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Looking like the NFC road is now going thru N.O.....

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 06:01 AM
Depends if "Da Bears" win tonight. If they do, then they've still got the inside track on homefield. If not...I hope they like jumbalaya.

In other NFL news, CBSSportsline.com poses this question:

Who is the bigger disappointment - Pittsburgh or Carolina? :p

Stoke
12-11-2006, 06:45 AM
I didnt expect much from the Steelers to begin with.... they backed their way into the playoffs and got on a roll. Then with some timely help from the Zebras, they got the trophy.....

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Yeah, the Steelers haven't been good at all this season, so other than the "Oh, they're the champs" angle, I never saw much of a reason to expect much from them. They had a banged up QB, no brusier back, and a lot of turnover at skill positions. When they struggled to start the season, it was kind of obvious they were going no where.

Since they never really got started this year, it's hard to rate them as a disappointment...so Carolina definitely gets the nod here. If they'd stop giving games away, they'd be 11-2. :p

Who's been a bigger surprise this year - New Orleans or Baltimore?

Stoke
12-11-2006, 07:17 AM
the Aints without a doubt....

Stoke
12-11-2006, 07:53 AM
LOL.... Awesome....

http://blogs.charlotte.com/./photos/uncategorized/sierscaption12_11.jpg

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Sadly, the snowman melted by the end of the first quarter...however, he still recorded more yardage than the rest of the Panthers offense combined managed throughout the game.

Stoke
12-11-2006, 08:10 AM
From Monday Morning QB on CNN/SI....

g. Can the Panthers, for once, play to their ability? I know they have major cornerback problems, but they're the most disappointing team in the league.

Banne
12-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Even if we lose tonight, we will still be a game up on the Saints. And we finish our season with a turbo tough sched. including the lions and the packers... Im not worried about homefield one bit.

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Yeah...cupcake schedules ftw!

Banne
12-11-2006, 08:17 AM
yeah, division games, cause we can totally get around scheduling those!

Smartass.

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 08:20 AM
I was referring to the bulk of your other 10 games. :)

Of course, the Dolphins proved that even cupcakes can bite back I suppose....31-13 was it? ;)

Banne
12-11-2006, 09:08 AM
ummm, see what they did to the patriots yesterday? so yeah. shut up you jeff garcia loving guy you.

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Getting back on track...which of the following division champs is most likely to be one and done (NFC East excluded since we don't have a clear idea who theirs will be)?

Chicago, Seattle, New Orleans.

Banne
12-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Seattle.

Ardamir
12-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Sucks.

Stoke
12-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Chicago Bears Opponents

Green Bay 5 - 8
Detroit 2 - 11
Minnesota 6 - 7
Seattle 8 - 5
Buffalo 6 - 7
Arizona 4 - 9
San Francisco 5 - 8
Miami 6 - 7
NY Giants 7 - 6
NY Jets 7 - 6
New England 9 - 4
Minnesota 6 - 7

Opponents as of today have a combined record of 71 - 85. Only "decent" team (NE 9 - 4) they have played soundly whipped them. Remainder of schedule is a joke.

My vote is Bears are One and Done......

Rest of season....

St Louis 5 - 7
Tampa Bay 3 - 10
Detroit 2 - 11
Green Bay

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Stoke busting out the numbers!

However, I will point out that they already played Minnesota twice, so you have that listed in the wrong section. ;)

Banne
12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I was going to say that, and also Stoke, youd be interested to know that the teams that the Cowboys have played have a worse combined record than those the Bears have played. So everyone talks about our cupcake sched. and they dont bother to look at other teams. We already Beat Seattle once, I think they are heavily overrated, and that was when they were all still healthy and we blew them out on Sunday Night Football. Plus with homefield, we will be fine *I know last year sucked, I blame Lovie for that loss*
NO v. Chicago NFC Championship game
NO 21 - ChiBears 24 (difference is a Devin Hester Punt Return)

Super Bowl
Bears 0 - Any AFC Team 10239023342345 (According to ESPN just now)

Stoke
12-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Cowboys dont have a suspicious 10-2 record and are not boasting that they are the "class" of the NFC.....

Banne
12-11-2006, 10:43 AM
The Bears have never boasted either!!!!
Its the media who does that, and now theyve marked Dallas *well until yesterday* as the elite team in the NFC! So dont go giving me that crap stoke.

SilverTalon
12-11-2006, 10:44 AM
The Bears never boasted because they knew they had Grossman at quarterback who's stated goal for the season was to account for a full gross of turnovers. :lol:

And, he is well on his way to accomplishing that. ;)

Stoke
12-11-2006, 10:57 AM
We already Beat Seattle once, I think they are heavily overrated, and that was when they were all still healthy and we blew them out on Sunday Night Football.

Notice I said "the only decent team team they played was NE"......

I'm sorry...its just my opinion.... I dont think the Bears are as good as they - or the media - seem to think they are. Everyone else just sucks more.

Stoke
12-11-2006, 10:58 AM
So dont go giving me that crap stoke.

Its my job to give you crap. You seem to like it.... you keep asking for more.... :yup: ;)

Ardamir
12-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Cowboys are overhyped...as usual.

Banne
12-12-2006, 12:44 AM
yes, and seeing Romo play in college, I can still say he is a dickwad. I hate that taint. At least the bears *ahem, DEVIN HESTER!!!!!11!!1!one!1!!* decided to show up and play :)

Not a bad year, eh, just broke an NFL record for most returns in a year, plus he played D-FENCE (yes I know its spelled wrong, get a clue) tonight and had some rad tackles. GO BEARS

Stoke
12-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Even the Panthers shut the Rams down...

SilverTalon
12-12-2006, 05:36 AM
And the Panthers defense apparently can't catch a cold....

Still, impressive effort by Hester. On the flip side, when was the last Super Bowl champion that said "Yeah, we had some awesome special teams this year"? :)

Bears might be getting cocky like some feline-based teams I can think of...

Banne
12-12-2006, 08:50 AM
The bears wont be cocky until they get homefield locked down.

Stoke
12-12-2006, 12:21 PM
A sad statistic.......

Carolina has 23 touchdowns. San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson has 29

Stoke
12-15-2006, 02:58 PM
That cartoon I posted earlier in this thread is part of a weekly contest the newspaper has where the political cartoonist throws something out there and you get to send in the caption. Here is what we got:

The winner: "I don't think there is any magic left in that hat."

The runners-up:
"Unlike our offense, at least you"ll come to life someday."

"Must be the fourth quarter. Jake has frozen up again."

"I'm tellin' ya, there's no ace like Delhomme for the holidays!"

"Keep playing like that and NONE of us may be back someday!"

Here's a selection of some of the other better lines we received this week:

"Don't worry, it's ok, our running game doesn't have any legs either."

"We were supposed to be hot this year!"

"Sir Burrr?"

"I’m sorry, son, but after Sunday, I don’t think an immobile quarterback with a questionable arm who collapses under the heat is the answer."

"You are as cold as our running game."

"Thumpity, Thump, Thump, Thumpity, Thump, Thump, Out of the Playoffs we go!"

"On the plus side, you've got a better arm than Jake and you're more mobile than Weinke.....but why do you always melt under pressure?"

"Every time the opposition turns up the heat you go soft on us. "

"If you don't come to life soon, our playoff hopes are gonna melt away!"

“You’ve got a snowman’s chance in Hell of making it to the playoffs now!”

“Get on in there, Frosty. You won’t melt any quicker than the rest of the team!”

“You’re in, Frosty! After all, it’s just been a make-believe season!"

"It must have been that ol' black hat, 'cause there's nothing going on under this helmet."

"Jake, I know you've been on a cold streak, but this is ridiculous!"