PDA

View Full Version : Ever had...

Hot Damn
05-03-2003, 01:01 PM
...a day like this? Trapped in the CC with 5+ TR scum surrounding you? Server crashed before they could find me or I could make a move ;)
http://bellsouthpwp.net/W/a/Watcher414/trapped.jpg

Stang
05-03-2003, 01:23 PM
:lol:

Ghryphen
05-03-2003, 01:24 PM
:rolleyes:

Spinning Hat
05-03-2003, 01:43 PM
:lol: That would suck. :lol:

phalanx
05-03-2003, 05:10 PM
i think its incredible that none of them thought it wise to turn on dl :D

KnightDelta
05-04-2003, 05:48 AM
I just find it amazing the only ones who use Darklight are the people who also have infiltrator characters themselves...
Well, mostly. :D

skoog
05-04-2003, 10:01 AM
i use it cause i got tired of getting knife killed.

tuftedpuffin
05-04-2003, 11:48 AM
Heh. Having been an infil for many, many ranks now, I don't NEED a DL implant unless they are absolutely still. I've caught I don't know how many of them in the last few days (crouched, even) because I caught just a flicker of ghostly motion and said "now if I was that infiltrator..." :)

But since I just got BR 12 I think I'll get DL anyway and see what I've been missing.

Hot Damn
05-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Choosing from the implants out right now, darklight is about the best one I've tried. Audio is nice for hackers, melee is ok for infils that like knives. I'm back to trying surge now because it was busted on my last go round.

Stuwey
05-04-2003, 12:43 PM
i find that noise amplifier works really nice to help you decide when to move

Splidz
05-04-2003, 04:09 PM
I've only tried out one implant, Advanced Regeneration, and I have to say this implant is extremely helpful, especially for an agile armour like myself. Since I also have engineering, I am never out of health or armor unless I'm dead. Basically, if you don't kill me in your first attack, you're going to have to do it all over again.

Ghryphen
05-04-2003, 05:10 PM
I'm never out of health unless I'm dead too.

Ashaman
05-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Heh. For those at BR 12. You should try Advanced Regeneration, and Personal Shield if you do MAX stuff. Very useful.

Walks on Clouds
05-05-2003, 12:28 AM
I like the DL implant alot. I've used it frequently the last couple of times I've been playing. I also get to try out another one right now, since I just got BR12. I am currently trying the Adv Targetting thingie. Haven't gotten around to use it yet, though.

SmackDab
05-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Dude, someone set that Boomer in there, that would prob kill everyone in the room, good thing they didn't fire that off.

I can't wait till VOMP get's Infiltration cert and Wraith. We'll have towers like mad all over the whole map.

Nosferatu
05-05-2003, 09:38 AM
The wraith helps A LOT. It's currently the fastest land vehicle in the game with a top speed of 90kph. (and it catches mad air when you hit a hill going that fast!! lol )

After much deliberation though, i've decided to unlearn wraith and advanced hacking and get both engineer certs first. Too many times I've taken a tower only to have it taken by another team before I even get to my next target.

Walking everywhere sucks after having that wraith for a little while though... :(

Hot Damn
05-05-2003, 10:04 AM
That boomer was mine, and they didnt even notice it there ;) Takes 2 boomers to kill a healthy grunt, so no, I prolly would have been the only dead one there had I popped it. :(

SmackDab
05-05-2003, 02:07 PM
I could see an Infiltration llama with a Wraith also having Combat Engy go take towers, set out remote turrets and mines, then move on. Would provide defense and piss enemy off.

Nosferatu
05-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by SmackDab
I could see an Infiltration llama with a Wraith also having Combat Engy go take towers, set out remote turrets and mines, then move on. Would provide defense and piss enemy off.

Yup, that's exactly what I plan on doing... :yup:

tuftedpuffin
05-05-2003, 05:01 PM
I can do that. Except I drive a Mag, or AMS. How's that for inconspicuous?

SirDiesalot
05-05-2003, 06:03 PM
AMS i think is better idea... then if there happens to be someone there to kill you you can respawn close

*edit* not better than wraith but at least its a lil more inconspicuous than a magrider and maybe more useful. though there is the thing about meeting resistance on the way and getting your ass owned... hmmm... wraith sounds good :lol:

tuftedpuffin
05-06-2003, 08:07 AM
Heh. Last night I was trying to drive an AMS out of a NME base I thought was pretty deserted to come support you guys. Turns out that the tower just outside the gate was CRAWLING with NC, galaxies, tanks, reavers, the works. They'd already seen me by this point so I tried to run over as many of them as I could before they killed me. Got several. :)

skoog
05-06-2003, 08:48 AM
torque and i were tooling with the tank... we would go out run 5 or 6 over repair and repeat.

Walks on Clouds
05-06-2003, 08:50 AM
I've been killing myself quite a lot of cloakers recently. Somewhere in the vicinity of 15 today only, I think. I've also learnt to take on MAXes a bit more reliably with only Medium Assault weapons. I think I'm getting the hang of this game... :D

SmackDab
05-06-2003, 10:21 AM
I was victim of a LAWNMOWER event last night, was hella bad ass to see the magrider go rushing to the front line not shooting just "mowing".

Yea!