PDA

View Full Version : I'm out

Hot Damn
05-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Thanks for having me guys. PS just wasnt very captivating for me and after only a couple of weeks of casual play I'm finding myself bored with musical bases and the monotony. I had a great time playing alongside you guys and gals, but I'm off to give prolly EVE and SWG a shot. I relinquish my Indy CO spot to Kaioh (I choose scissors this time ;) ) and wish all of you folks the best.

Hugs and kisses on all your pink parts.

HD!

AvengerX
05-11-2003, 07:49 PM
:( :cry: :gah:

skoog
05-11-2003, 08:16 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

say it ain't so charlie brown.

Ghryphen
05-11-2003, 08:28 PM
:(

Spinning Hat
05-11-2003, 08:59 PM
:( That sux... :(

DaRB
05-11-2003, 09:14 PM
:mad:

nope, don't see anything about ppl being allowed to leave.

guess ur just gonna have to stay and play.

:p

phalanx
05-11-2003, 10:11 PM
lies

:(

Walks on Clouds
05-11-2003, 10:28 PM
We'll miss you HD. Come back sometime, letus know that you still live. :wave:

Ghryphen
05-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by DaRB[TKB]
:mad:

nope, don't see anything about ppl being allowed to leave.

guess ur just gonna have to stay and play.

:p

:stupid3:

Stang
05-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Yes come back and keep in touch no need for you to leave us :( .

I watched Gryphon play EVE and HD you will be back cuz I was just watching and got bored :D. Very beautiful game but needs something.

Grunt
05-11-2003, 10:50 PM
:cry: :wave:

Just when I got here too..... *snif* *snif* do I smell or something?

AvengerX
05-11-2003, 11:15 PM
(yes) ;)

Walks on Clouds
05-12-2003, 05:26 AM
Here, have a breath mint. /me hands Grunt a box of Chewy Mints of Freshness +2.

Hot Damn
05-12-2003, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I betatested EVE since it was in beta2 and have had a good taste of just how boring it can be ;) It's still quite buggy from what I hear, but I left a load of friends over there and am curious to see what the "final" product is that they are still playing on. I expect my trip back to EVE to be more of a visit than a place to call home.

I'm an achiever type gamer, and with PS skill nor experience really give you much of an edge. It comes down to simple numbers more often than not. T2 was a level playing field until you brought in the skill factor (i.e. everyone had access to the same weapons and eq no matter how long they had been playing, but skill was the major offsetting factor). In games like DAoC and EQ it is experience (i.e. levels, then the skill of knowing how to work your character). In PS its the zerg, because getting BR20 doesnt make you better than anyone else, just able to do more things. Skill in PS may help you in a 1 on 1 situation, but thats a rarity (and against a DC MAX and other such monsters skill is even negated for the most part).

I even went over to Emerald and played TR there and after mowing through guys with the dual cycler max realized that this wasnt the game for me. I played T2 to have fun and try to be the best that I could be and help my team be the best they could be. Consequently, my teams were top 4 in every ladder we ever played on. I just cant see a part of PS that appeals to that achievement gamer inside me, which is why I move on. PS feels like a skeleton to me right now. A solid frame with no internal organs...no life....no heart. Maybe that will change, but for now I think I'll focus my time on something else.

VAB VGCG VGB

Kaioh
05-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Grrr....

Nosferatu
05-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Dude....

Don't make me come over there and smack some sense into you!! : )

Very sorry to see you go. It's ok, you'll come crawling back when you realize just how hollow, empty and miserable your life is with no Planetside!! :D

Maybe I'll catch up with you in SWG, I'm still planning on playing it too when it comes out, but I've given up on that beta.

TTFN!

tuftedpuffin
05-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Actually I agree with him. PS is not a long-term attention-keeper for me. I'd prolly buy it if it was free to play, but I'm not going to pay monthly for it.

But I'll continue to play until end of beta, and will miss having HD around. :(

TimberWolf
05-12-2003, 01:27 PM
I am with Gambit. There is just not enough to make it worth the upkeep. Even when they add naval combat and other things, it still wont be worth the upkeep. If they add a civilian portion to the game, so you can have the fast pace battles with the slow pace building and living, and have them integrated together so that the vehicles have to be built at a factory in the Santuary and then shipped to the bases where the troops can get them for example. That would make the game, at least for me, worth more of what their asking for.

SirDiesalot
05-12-2003, 02:16 PM
i been thinking the same thing.... but for me... even T2 by itself would get old. you play and play.... get owned... own.. win... lose... for what? sounds to me like you're making the classic "gotta have my priorities straight" excuse which we all know is lame (albeit needbe IF it means you'll be able to play MORE in the future). whether you win or not what's the point? the instant you WIN it means precisely dick cuz you start over at nill on the next map. then why do you play? even winning a CTF in T2 is not really an achievement if you think about it. then what for? to play with your friends (fun) and/or the good of the tribe (recognition on rankings) or outfit in this case. and THAT is why i will continue to play once i start.

*edit* to clear things up. you DO get achievement in PS. it's just that it's a MMO world you find your own purpose. make your own goals. whether it's "take that base", "hack that CP", keep your forces running at full strength"(medic) etc. the ultimate goal of the empire is domination... but you'll never achieve that (because it was (or was supposed to be) designed so that wasn't possible) so you make your own goals.

Splidz
05-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Damn HD we will miss ya buddy. You've got a great head on our shoulders for command-type stuff. Too bad you decided to go...

Snuf
05-12-2003, 05:04 PM
I have to agree with HD, really. I'm not really getting caught up in this game to the point I'll buy it and pay monthly to play. There's potential, but the game as it stands now is pretty hollow. It's fun to take a base, sure, but when you log in next it's a completely different chess board, and all you worked for is gone, well, no thanks. The gameplay itself isn't really all that tough either (which is why I play T2 still. It takes skill to move effectively in that game. PS in no way compares in that department). I'll stick around through the beta, but after that, I'll be done I believe.

SmackDab
05-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Man sorry to see ya go, you had some great ideas too.

Stang
05-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Hey snuf where have you been lately in T2? I miss doing the voice paks with ya :D.

Ambush_Bug
05-13-2003, 11:57 AM
I don't think I'll be picking up retail either. Mostly because the PlanetSide team has no freaking clue how to make a proper freelook. I wanted into PS to drive vehicles, particularly tanks, and the view implementation is SO bad that it's not fun to drive 'em. Never mind that it's worse on air vehicles.

I agree the game has a lot of potential, but it's got so many rough edges in my opinion that I'm not interested at the moment. If it gets a lot better after release, I may pick it up then.

That, and I'm paying rent on two apartments right now.

SirDiesalot
05-13-2003, 12:10 PM
hopefully we'll see you not long after release. i myself probably won't be able to play till july

Snuf
05-13-2003, 12:38 PM
I haven't been around at all lately on the gaming front, really. Girls, Canucks in the playoffs(this is resolved unfortunately :(), better weather and a long weekend this coming weekend have taken up a lot of my time.

I'll see what I can do to clear some of that up for ya Stang ;)

PrincessAmy
05-13-2003, 02:41 PM
That's too bad...I thought that we were all having a great time...maybe you'll miss us all and join in again. :D

Spinning Hat
05-13-2003, 02:56 PM
It's tough right now... Wife Gradumacates tomorrow, so life is pretty scary. Plus, the remodelling job that was worth $29,000 fell through, so I gotta find something else to do right quick. :( I still want to play, but when is an issue right now. 1 student and 1 looking for work doesn't make much money right now. :(

Ghryphen
05-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Seattle

Spinning Hat
05-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Ya know, you keep saying that... I still got 1 more year Gry, before I really want to move anywhere. :p

Ghryphen
05-13-2003, 03:00 PM
:cry:

Spinning Hat
05-13-2003, 03:24 PM
I think you'll get over it... it's already been 2 years you been tryin to get me to move out there. :lol:

Snuf
05-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Besides, wouldn't we cause some tear in the space-time continuum having so many of us in one timezone?

SirDiesalot
05-13-2003, 03:51 PM
is that where you're originally from hat? i can never remember

Spinning Hat
05-13-2003, 09:58 PM
No, I was born and raised in Minnesota, but I've lived in MN, AZ and OK.