PDA

View Full Version : Pedestrians In The Road

TimberWolf
05-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Some people here have had first hand experiance of this, most have not. People who drive vehicles can't see much beyond whats in front of them. So the people not in the vehicles must keep an eye out for the vehicles so they do not become the next bump in the road.

Personaly, 70% of my Grief points comes from driving through our santurary and having people walk towards me or into my way thinking that they can't get hurt. They so remind me of Deer looking into the headlights of a car. Why don't people just walk safely and stop when they see a vehicle driving through.

What they should make are raised walk bridges between the buildings, thus removing the possibility of running some dumb newbie who can't stop walking when they see a vehicle is driving through. For crying out loud, don't walk towards a vehicle in motion and expect the driver to be able to see you before you make a red spot on the wheels/treds/bumper. Just the other night, before I got the chance to get to a gate, I had ran over more than a squad of people who kept gathering around my vehicle or walking into it, and gotten over a 100 greif points.

I may unlearn my Lightning and try going back to air vehicles just so I can't run people over any more and get so many greif points for their stupidity. Why are pedestrians so dumb?

VeryGrimm
05-13-2003, 11:57 AM
70% of my Grief points comes from TimberWolf running into my tank! ;)

Malthus
05-13-2003, 12:01 PM
100% of my grief comes from TKin' the smacktard who thought it would be cool to jump in the pilot seat of our galaxy and then lock it and walk away.

;)

ControlFreak
05-13-2003, 12:04 PM
You only got those pts because the Galaxy itself was in the way of ME shooting him Malthus ;)

Sensorghost
05-13-2003, 12:08 PM
most of my grief comes from those stupid messages about death frequencies causing respawn delay, because the other side camped the only respawn point with a MAX.....

Oh you meant grief points..well mine usually generate when defending a tower staircase to prevent the above and guys walk in front of my weapon;)

insaneferret
05-13-2003, 12:27 PM
racked up about 300 grief yesterday from being a crazy magrider maniac, 70% of the time i cant get a gunner for my mag so i just drive off guns blazing crusing any and everything in my way,

i also got about 100 of that grief driving through crowded bases and stoopid people jumping in front of me, the tanks need a huge bullhorn to warn them to get out of the way

other than the magrider, i get very small grief spamming rocklets and such

all that grief's gone now though :D

Splidz
05-13-2003, 12:33 PM
the ground vehicles are going to get horns, at least according to one of the devs i saw on the boards yesterday.

Hot Damn
05-13-2003, 01:46 PM
I never had more than 200 grief points, and I regularly TK'ed anyone who pissed me off ;)

Spinning Hat
05-13-2003, 02:46 PM
I got to a weapons lock once. It sucked. 1031 grief points. Sad thing was, is that I got all those points in an hour under the old grief system.

Sidewinder
05-13-2003, 06:32 PM
I never slow down my vehicle in crowded bases or in the sanctuary. I just run em over and laugh to myself. The new grief system allows me to run over about 4 people a day. I make sure not to do any less or more. ;)

Ashaman
05-14-2003, 11:25 AM
I fly. But I try to fly low to the ground in sanctuary, through trees and around buildings. Stupid people should learn that I like to use my afterburners and follow the terrain. Especially around warpgates. ;)

And actually I have more problems with idiot pilots who don't know how to pull up at the last second when they finally realize that I am a friendly. >: