PDA

View Full Version : matrix

insaneferret
05-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Go to the nearest theatre and see matrix reloaded now

seriously this is one of the best movies i have seen in a while, i wont spoil it for you, just go, it kicks @$$

Nosferatu
05-15-2003, 01:16 PM
I saw it at lunch today!:D

I will certainy agree that it is a kick ass movie and it's no less than what i expected. I will say that in the grand scheme of things I don't think it will leave you with that "religious experience" feeling that the first one did, but it's still an amazing film.

Think of how Empire Strikes Back fit into the Star Wars trilogy, and you get a good idea of how this film "feels".

It's good thing Matrix Revolutions comes out this year too, because waiting four years for part 3 after this cliffhanger ending would drive a lot of people nuts!! :D

insaneferret
05-15-2003, 02:04 PM
that religious sexperience stuff proabably comes from the source material the movie was based on (no it was'nt an original story) was the greek philosopher plato's allegory of the cave (yes, scary)

Behold! human beings living in an underground den, which has a mouth open towards the light and reaching all along the den; here they have been from their childhood, and have their legs and necks chained so that they cannot move, and can only see before them, being prevented by the chains from turning round their heads. Above and behind them a fire is blazing at a distance, and between the fire and the prisoners there is a raised way; and you will see, if you look, a low wall built along the way, like the screen which marionette players have in front of them, over which they show the puppets..............

..........To them, I said, the truth would be literally nothing but the shadows of the images.

read the rest here

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~wldciv/world_civ_reader/world_civ_reader_1/plato.html

Nosferatu
05-15-2003, 03:52 PM
I had a religious sexperience once..... :D

insaneferret
05-15-2003, 05:02 PM
DOH!!!, think i'll leave it there:rofl: