PDA

View Full Version : ATF Outfit numbers?

SmackDab
01-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Just wanted to do a little heads up role count on our team size.

I want to get TKB active roster back to around 30 people strong.

With everyone having at least 20 active people on their roster that should give ATF a strong 100+ people we can coordinate some mega battles with.

Do you other teams have the same sort of plan or is your planned roster going to be smaller?

Spinning Hat
01-25-2003, 07:36 AM
Ours will most likely be smaller, but we do not know yet. A Lot of the guys are focusing on other things right now, waiting for the Beta, so they can really make a decision yes or no.

TimberWolf
01-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Ours looks like it will be small, but I think they will come around once they see it go Gold.

Jester
01-25-2003, 12:34 PM
I think right now thz/xmen can prolly field 10 or so, alot depends on $$ and the beta.

DaRB
01-25-2003, 03:25 PM
i've been actively recruiting more and more ppl, possibly, either they will join as a team, or become a faction of TKB, in which case, we'll have another 20-50 to add to our roster.

Perp
01-31-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey fellas- Im def interested!!! Im from Lock and Load (T2) and would love to join up... What do I need to do?

Freebird
02-01-2003, 08:56 AM
Welcome Perp!

Well, to sign up, it kind-of depends on how you are going to join. If the whole tribe of Lock and Load wants to play, we can do that. If it's just you, there's a few different ways of getting in.

We just need to know what your situation is.

Perp
02-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Hey fellas!

I am heavily pushing our guys to get ready for planetside. We are looking forward to becoming a part of ATF, but would like to keep our Company identity within the group. I guess that would mean that we would be kinda set up in the same way that Strategic Alliance is, one army (ATF) with a company (LL). We would wear the ATF tags, and fight with ATF during battles, but would keep our own Teamspeak servers and work within the team framework that we have always done. Is this a possibility?

Thanks!

Perp

PS- if they decide not to come over to Planetside (and instead join Star Wars-Galaxies) then I would like to be considered for individual membership within ATF...

Spinning Hat
02-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Yeah, we all keep our clan identidy even though we all have membership in ATF. The Command and ontrol hasn't been totally worked out for being on the field yet, as we are waiting for Beta and then release to really nail those specifics down.

Perp
02-05-2003, 05:06 PM
It looks like there will be at least 4 of us, maybe more... Demolitionist, Moonripple, Hades8, and myself. I can attest to all of their abilities- Demo is a killer shrike pilot, Hades is the best chaser we've got and Moonripple is great all around (esp. when his cable is up, which is not right this second, but will be again shortly). Woohoo!

Freebird
02-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Awesome. They are welcome to sign in on the board. Doesn't hurt to get to know your neighbors! :yup:

DaRB
02-05-2003, 10:11 PM
shut up freebird, we don't need your tree hugging hippy crap on this board tyvm.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Freebird
02-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Shut your pie hole, darb. Now go back to voting for yourself on the hot-or-not site.

Perp, nice pick on the avatar. Sting from Lynch's version of Dune, playing Feyd Rautha...very nice. :D

/me is a big fan of the Dune books.

:rockon:

AvengerX
02-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Freebird[TKB]
Now go back to voting for yourself on the hot-or-not site.

Hmmmm....Darb? 7.9 huh? How many votes is that for yourself, about 30? :nono: :stupid1:

Perp
02-06-2003, 08:23 PM
BTW, we have a match against you guys on the 11th, I'll have to introduce you to the guys then- we hate Kata... so you'll probably stomp us.

And nice to see some peeps who know good sci fi! I asked my Eight graders when the original Star Wars was released and they said 1998! :( They think the Mark 5 is some kind of plane...

Freebird
02-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Perp
And nice to see some peeps who know good sci fi! I asked my Eight graders when the original Star Wars was released and they said 1998! :( They think the Mark 5 is some kind of plane...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's funny stuff. :D

Oh, Frank Herbert, will your masterpiece ever be visualized as it was intended? (my guess is "no")

Perp
02-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Good match Tuesday night guys! You guys are excellent- I as a capper was swarmed by chasers soo many times... heh, and a big tall one for your HoF... We couldn't spam him an inch :mad: - our D is going to have nightmares about rolling HO coming in...

DaRB
02-11-2003, 07:58 PM
gg's foo.

we really wanted to play minotaur too, that used to be OUR map, mebbe next time, or a scrim?

Splidz
02-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Free, the David Lynch Dune movie is pretty sweet...Baron Harkonnen and Feyd Rautha are both played really well. Muaddib is a bit of a loser, but wtf...still pretty good. Seen it?

Freebird
02-12-2003, 09:26 AM
What?? You didn't like Kyle McLachlan in that role? I thought he did a pretty good job. I saw both the movie and the one the Sci-Fi channel did not long ago. Both, I feel, fell far short of the impact of the book. Pretty typical though. I don't know what they could do to make the book into a movie.

Splidz
02-12-2003, 09:44 AM
It's not that he's bad in the role, it's just the impact thing - he doesn't give the same impression that the character does in the book. He comes off like a bit of a pussy, frankly. But whatever. To make that book into a movie you'd need a trilogy with the same sweep as LOTR.

When I was a lot younger I read Dune over and over...I also read all of the sequels, of which there are 5 or so I think. They are also really interesting, but none are as cool as Dune. Great book.

Spinning Hat
02-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Llama!

Blackfire
02-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by DaRB[TKB]
gg's foo.

we really wanted to play minotaur too, that used to be OUR map, mebbe next time, or a scrim?

... minotaur... "Our map"???

Jesus, I HAVE been gone a long time.

AvengerX
02-14-2003, 02:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I always thought Dessicator was our map :)

Vito
02-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Yeah I recall us getting stomped on Mino constantly. Not our map...

Splidz
02-14-2003, 10:26 PM
I recall always getting assigned to destroying the enemy base on Minotaur in heavy...most of the time this involved skiing towards the enemy inventory in the back and then frantically trying to avoid someone with a shocklance. Although it was always a quick suicide I did sometimes manage to destroy the enemy inventory, which would then be promptly repaired. Mino was fun but Dessicator was a lot funner.

DaRB
02-15-2003, 04:57 AM
so why all that match chatter about " omg, i hope we get to play minotaur" ????? for?????

jonnyb
02-15-2003, 06:40 AM
its fnu

Perp
02-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Actually we were hoping to make it to Min too, but Im kinda glad we didn't... heh

Dionisus
02-18-2003, 12:53 PM
You llamas...I remember when Mino was OUR map. We used to have some r33t D and O on that map, and we won in repeatdly. I vaguely remember one match where we were down by 7 and came back and won...

Second note, anyone ever read Enders Game? That is the coolest sci fi book ever!

Freebird
02-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Yeah, read the whole series with Ender's Game. Very powerful stuff.

And if you liked Ender's Game, you should try reading Hyperion. Interesting stuff there.

Splidz
02-18-2003, 01:48 PM
^ Hey, I read that too, as well as the sequels. Years ago though. Don't really read much sci-fi these days. But yeah, they rocked. Like Dune, though, the first book was a lot more exciting than the others - the others are very "deep" and interesting, but they don't have the same pacing at all.

Blackfire
02-28-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Dionisus[TKB]
You llamas...I remember when Mino was OUR map. We used to have some r33t D and O on that map, and we won in repeatdly. I vaguely remember one match where we were down by 7 and came back and won...

Second note, anyone ever read Enders Game? That is the coolest sci fi book ever!

Funny you should ask. I just read it. Shiner had been bugging me to pick that one up forever.

It seriously kicked ass.

Blackfire
02-28-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Freebird[TKB]
Yeah, read the whole series with Ender's Game. Very powerful stuff.

And if you liked Ender's Game, you should try reading Hyperion. Interesting stuff there.

Yeah, I'd have to say Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion are my all time favorite Sci-Fi books. Unless you'd count some of the wierder Michael Moorcock stuff as Sci-Fi, in which case I'd have to switch my pick to Dancers at the End of Time. That one is definitely in the running for my favorite book of all time, period.

Ender's Game was good, but I hadn't read any of the rest of the series. For that matter, I guess I didn't know it WAS part of a series.

Walks on Clouds
02-28-2003, 01:25 PM
:hijacked:

Just so that you know. :p

Spinning Hat
02-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Well, to get back on track a little bit, we have 60 forums members, and not all are full ATF members, we can safely assume we've got 50 or so players. Which is a good unit size, really, enough to try and take an outpost or 2.

Walks on Clouds
02-28-2003, 04:21 PM
It is more than one platoon in size, though. (30 people)

SmackDab
02-28-2003, 05:01 PM
I think I can get about 3 or more people to play from those that aren't active with T2 right now. 2 brother in laws, probably Matt from the band, Anthony from work, and I think, possibly one more.

Spinning Hat
02-28-2003, 07:24 PM
68's not too bad either, but I think there'll be more XMEN too, just no idea how many yet.