PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities

DaRB
06-06-2003, 03:25 PM
just as an fyi:

there is a rather large possibility that I'll be getting a dream job here in denver in the near future. if that happens, i WONT be moving to MN for school, i'll be staying here to do the deed. just wanted to give all a heads up, its a possibility, a good one i think. i've been thru 3 interviews, and 2 tests so far, and monday i believe i have the last interview w/ the regional mgr.

the position is going to be Kitchen Manager, and the place is

www.carabas.com

there is a possibility that after my training period (3 months), that i'll be relocating somewhere in the southern half of the usa. in which case, i may be coming to your town soon.

i'll let you guys/gals know more as it develops.

d.

Spinning Hat
06-06-2003, 03:28 PM
:( Was looking forward to you meetin here in MN DaRB. :( BUt GL with the job anyways! :D

Nosferatu
06-06-2003, 04:18 PM
WOOT!

There are a lot of Caraba's here in Jacksonville. They kick so much ass.

Dude, let me know if they ship you down here. There's a pretty nice gaming scene here as well... :D

Stang
06-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Keep my fingers crossed for ya :).

Giljo
06-08-2003, 10:45 PM
you bum,, I work next to where you where going to school you tool.

GL tho ;)

let us know what happens.

Gil

SmackDab
06-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Darb, how about some Chineese recipes, you got any garlic sauce love or things like that? Needing a hookup, I make some Garlic chicken right now but just wanting to test your skills see if you got some majic potion tasting stuffs.

DaRB
06-09-2003, 11:10 AM
6 garlic cloves, roasted and peeled
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 cups white wine
2 cups heavy cream
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

To roast garlic Preheat oven to 350°F. Rub individual garlic cloves with olive oil, place in a small oven proof pan, and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast for 45 minutes, or until garlic is soft and lightly browned. Peel garlic.

Method for Sauce

In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the garlic, onion, and white wine, bring to a boil, and reduce by three-fourths. Reduce the heat to medium, add cream, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to food processor and puree.

---or---

slightly more expensive way:

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots, roughly chopped
1 cup port wine
8 cups chicken stock
2 heads roasted garlic, cloves removed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons white truffle oil

In large saute pan, heat the butter and olive oil over high heat until almost smoking and saute the shallot until caramelized, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the stock and the roasted garlic and cook until reduced by half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and strain into a saucepan. Whisk in the butter. Spoon over chicken and drizzle with truffle oil.

SmackDab
06-10-2003, 03:16 PM
mmmm can't wait.