PDA

View Full Version : Vanu Upgrades

Shoddy
06-17-2003, 10:25 AM
In the next update, the Vanu Sovereignty will be seeing two major weapon enhancements:

1. Pulsar was boosted in damage slightly per shot against soldiers. Also, the AP fire rate was increased to match that of Standard shots.

2. The VS MAX Quasar had its default ammo increased from 40 to 60 shots. It's AP damage is ever so slightly less to compensate, but its infantry damage is the same.

Wonder if the Pulsar change will be enough to make it viable.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum8/HTML/001239.html

SmackDab
06-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Well, I guess the pulsar will be better now, I like the change to the AI max, now we can prob kill something without reloading.

No word on the Lasher, AV Max or AI Max

Well at least they listened.

I say we turn Vanu into something competitive by cooridnating the other outfits in fights.

Ghryphen
06-17-2003, 11:23 AM
Quasar is the AI max.

bAd ChIcKeN
06-17-2003, 11:41 AM
hoooray! Pissed me off last night that I had to reload after 40 shots:mad: on my Quasar Max, Pulsar is good news, now I just want a little more Jump Jets on my Max lol. oh and the AV weapons need a nerf bad, compared to teh other AV, they have small clip sizes.

Ghryphen
06-17-2003, 11:43 AM
They already reduced the jump jets once, I doubt they will reverse that and increase them at all.

SlayerZero
06-17-2003, 11:14 PM
I think both those fixes are way to little and on the wrong things. Yes the quasar needs mroe ammo, but not jsut 50% more like 100% and to not have its dmage tweeks but tighten its CoF, the one it has now you might as well be shooting a shotgun with tis spread.

We need our bigger game weapons worked on, Lancer and Lasher are so sad right now its not funny.

*sigh* at least its something, how much good it will do we'll ahve to see.