Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   General Forum (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   In just a few hours..... (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=5962)

Stoke 09-27-2007 01:23 PM

In just a few hours.....

I'll be inside the sparkling new Bobcats Arena in beautiful uptown Charlotte with 20,000 other screaming fans cheering on the return of the (almost) **REAL** Van Halen.

I'll give a full report here tomorrow.

In the meantime, there are plenty of videos of the rehearsals leading up to this historic event on youtube but can easily be found at www.vhnd.com and more specifically http://www.vhnd.com/articles/070918-01.shtml

Its been a long 22 year wait..... I'm excited!!!

Amythaon 09-27-2007 03:45 PM

Re: In just a few hours.....

*drools* I'm jealous

Spinning Hat 09-27-2007 11:31 PM

What is this "Van Halen" of which you speak? ;)

CannonBall 09-28-2007 03:50 AM

How was it Stoke?..... I SAID HOW WAS IT STOKE??

Can you hear me?? Can he hear me???

RagingSamster 09-28-2007 06:52 AM

Must have been good, Stoke is usually spamming the forums by now. Hungover mebe? (although he is getting a bit old for that!)

SilverTalon 09-28-2007 06:57 AM

You're never too old to drink like an idiot...or too young for that matter! :D

Stoke 09-28-2007 07:15 AM

Time Line: (most times +/- a few minutes)

4:30 Stoke leaves work and with friends, begin the several block walk over to the arena.
5:00 1st beer is consumed at Buckhead Saloon
5:30 Food and more beer is consumed at Stool Pigeons
6:15 Back at Buckhead for more beer and the 99.7 pre-concert party
6:30 "Hot For Teacher" contest commences
6:35 Stoke sees bewbs
7:00 Stoke finishes last beer and heads across the street to the arena
7:15 Stoke removes all contents from all pockets and enters arena through the metal detectors
7:30 Stoke is in the T-shirt line
7:31 Stoke is bitching about cost of said T-shirts being $35
7:32 Stoke is bitching about "fat boy" sizes costing $5 more
7:35 Stoke listens to friends bitching about $6 beer.
7:45 Stoke is way up in the top listening to Bob Marleys son Kymani play some reggae
7:50 Stokes clothes are wringing wet due to the intense warmth inside the building
8:30 Curtain rises, Dave, Eddie, Alex hit the stage together for the first time in 22 years.
10:30 Show ends. 2 straight hours of classic Van Halen tunes. AWESOME!
11:30 Stoke is in the McDonalds drive thru
12:00 Stoke returns home.

Stoke 09-28-2007 07:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
From todays newspaper......

Opening night of Van Halen's long-awaited reunion with David Lee Roth literally kicked off with several of Roth's highflying kicks at Charlotte Bobcats Arena on Thursday, although Eddie Van Halen was the first to appear on stage with one of his own signature hurky-style jumps.
The last time Van Halen performed in Charlotte with Roth as its frontman, he had just turned 30, gas was $1.21 a gallon and tickets to the show at the old Charlotte Coliseum were $12.50.
Twenty-three years later, the band's original members are all over 50 and guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 16-year-old son Wolfgang has replaced original bassist Michael Anthony.
The show sold out in a matter of minutes in August, and the arena was packed when the band hit the stage around 8:30 p.m., following a short but sweet set of pop and reggae-tinged R&B by Kymani Marley.
Any animosity wasn't apparent on stage as Roth and Eddie Van Halen saddled up next to each other, smiling, during "Everybody Wants Some" and "Dance the Night Away." Roth and Wolfgang Van Halen even sang "Oh Pretty Woman" side by side.
The younger Van Halen proved to be a showy player and spot-on backing vocalist, although he didn't yet prowl the stage like a seasoned vet.
His post rehab father looked skinny, but cut, as did his brother. In fact, the original members all looked fit, though none ran around the stage like they did 25 years ago.
"You Really Got Me" started things off with the band sticking to the set list that was leaked on the internet last week. Highlights included "Beautiful Girls," "Unchained," and "Hot For Teacher." The group saved its biggest single and only #1 pop song, "Jump," for the encore.
What might be overlooked in favor of Dave's over-the-top persona is his voice, which was in peak form Thursday. He easily met and held notes that younger singers like Jon Bon Jovi just can't reach anymore.

Banne 09-28-2007 07:26 AM

how was young Wolfgang? He is only friggen 16 and playing major arenas...thats gotta be wierd.

I was writing this as you wrote that last update.

Amythaon 09-28-2007 09:40 AM

oooo... I wanna go next time!

CannonBall 09-28-2007 09:48 AM

So Stoke when is the next time??? :D

Amythaon 09-28-2007 09:50 AM

Yeah can I go too??? PLEASE DADDY?????

Stoke 09-28-2007 10:14 AM

I will be going to Greensboro tomorrow night for show #2.

Stoke 09-28-2007 10:37 AM

6 Attachment(s)
More photos from last night

CannonBall 09-28-2007 10:49 AM

Wolfgang looks like his mom.