Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   General Forum (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Another quiet day here in forum land (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=5077)

Stoke 01-10-2007 08:01 AM

Another quiet day here in forum land

Speak up people.

CannonBall 01-10-2007 08:22 AM

Re: Another Quiet Day Here In Forum Land

So they did Shelby, NC on Travel Channel and were talking about livemush. They talked to the fomer and current mayors and went to the Shelby Cafe.

Then they did Cheerwine in Salsbury NC. Made me thristy.

RagingSamster 01-10-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Don't you have something work related you should be doing right now?
Dan Ackroyd in the movie "Dragnet"

Stoke 01-10-2007 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonBall (Post 39901)
and went to the Shelby Cafe.

Man, you don't know what good eatin' is til you go to the Shelby cafe. It is owned and operated by a Greek family. They have a son (who is probably in his 50's now) that used to be a mathematical genius. One day he snapped, lost his marbles, and began riding his bicycle around town while wearing a superman costume. He would go up to random people on the street and yell "Hark! I smell a crime!" and run off.

Finally one day he just stopped doing that and would just ride the bike endlessly around the courtsquare before finally stopping at the cafe and lock the bike up with about 50 feet of chain.

True Story.

Stang 01-10-2007 04:31 PM

Pffft we have people doing that up and down our street everyday.

TimberWolf 01-10-2007 05:03 PM

I thought he was telling us a personal story about his own childhood.

CannonBall 01-11-2007 07:39 AM

It's the begining of the end. They blocked Blizzard's website today at work.

Stoke 01-11-2007 08:11 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Probably the only reason they havent shut me down from coming here during work is that fact that Mrs. Stoke works in the department that controls that.....

CannonBall 01-11-2007 08:25 AM

Yeah I work in that department too, but sites blocked come down from above.

How can I make the WoW site work related???

TimberWolf 01-11-2007 10:43 AM

Tell them your discussing ideas and stratagies to benefit the company with others on that site which is nothing but a fancy name to make it more appealing to the newer companies.

CannonBall 01-11-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberWolf (Post 39915)
Tell them your discussing ideas and stratagies to benefit the company with others on that site which is nothing but a fancy name to make it more appealing to the newer companies.

I work at hospital....

Maybe Blizzard could offer a special deal for patients? or Doctors? Nurses? or System Programmers in Information Systems??

SilverTalon 01-11-2007 11:56 AM

"The popular online game 'World of Warcraft' (or WoW, as it is commonly known) presents an opportunity for <insert hospital name here> to research the potential of video games to act as a social gateway to patients who would otherwise be confined to the hospital grounds or even in the room with limited social interaction with hospital staff. The ability to interact with other people and have a task at hand to occupy their minds away from their physical hardships could lead to a marked improvement in patient happiness and quality of life, which has been linked to increased recovery times.

It would also allow for the potential for distant relatives to stay in touch with their ill family members in an entertainment venue so that the patients and their families can feel together and temporarily forget about the gravity of being hospitalized while keeping the interruptions to the hospital staff to a minimum. Similar results have already been shown to be possible with divorced parents and their children, so it begs the question on whether such a thing would be beneficial to improving the life of those in our care.

Of course, such a program must be conducted carefully, so it would fall the IT group to study the impact such a move would have on our network (which of course must remain devoted to medical needs first), as well as further research into the social networking access and potential ramifications of such interactions.

While World of Warcraft is currently the largest of such titles available, we should also leave open the possibility of adding other similar approaches and have the staff ready to investigate those new opportunities as the situation warrants."

There ya go. :)

CannonBall 01-11-2007 11:57 AM

Nice!!

Stoke 01-11-2007 12:19 PM

I'm thinking ya better invest in a personal laptop and hope you can pick up some unencrypted wireless signal from a nearby business.

CannonBall 01-11-2007 12:46 PM

I have a wireless router right above my desk. I'll get a wireless card for a spare PC and set it up.