Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   PlanetSide 2 (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PS2 Roster? (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=25611)

Caithann 08-25-2012 09:46 AM

PS2 Roster?

I know there's been a thread or two regarding everybody coming back, and Gryphon has a list of folks who are willing to play TR and such.

But what are the odds of us having an actual roster and list with names and classes? Just to get a feel of what we have?

Frothymug 08-26-2012 09:18 AM

Re: PS2 Roster?

Well, I'm still ironing out the playability of this game on my computer. I fixed the disconnecting problem by changing my router. However, the game locks up my system after a few minutes. I think it's related to my processor overheating, since the GPU isn't being utilized as much as it should be in the current build. I bought some air duster and cleaned out my computer, re-attached my PCI fan (even though the bearings are wearing out and it's loud as hell), and closed the case to increase air flow over the motherboard. I will be trying it out this morning and if things still don't go well, the last thing I can do is buy some new thermal paste for my processor and heat sink.

As soon as that problem is squashed, I'm all game!

Ghryphen 08-27-2012 03:55 PM

I'm on West 02 as Gryphon01 playing TR

Frothymug 08-27-2012 10:07 PM

Looks like I've finally conquered my computer-locking-up problem and I've started playing the beta now. Ran into Gryphon by coincidence earlier today. I sent a friend request, but I didn't see any confirmation. Is the friend system not working right now?

I'm playing as FrothyMug, by the way.

Ghryphen 08-27-2012 10:20 PM

It is working, I sent a request as well. Sorry i didn't squad up or anything, was in the middle of ops for the live video stream PSU was doing.

SilverTalon 08-28-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryphon (Post 70819)
...was in the middle of ops for the live video stream PSU was doing.

With an incredibly loud mic I might add. *cough*

destinysend 08-28-2012 05:33 PM

Do we have to stay TR? I give up on playing planetside for now, all I run into on Terran are people TKing the fuck outa me. I pulled one galaxy at the warpgate and died before I could even get it loaded 1/3 of the way due to someone in a liberator shooting us.

Not partial to fearing my own empire more than others.

Ghryphen 08-28-2012 07:02 PM

That's been an issue in all the warp gates, you can't sit around long in the warp gates. I'm sure the will fix it, it is a big complaint in the forums.

Frothymug 08-28-2012 10:39 PM

Is it just me, or is the server's NC population heavily favored?

I'm getting sick and tired of looking up in the sky to see blue and yellow blotting out the local star. I mean, I like fighting in the shade, but... :D

AvengerX 08-29-2012 07:44 AM

I played for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon and the NC were just absolutely swarming. Every base we took it would just get taken right back by the NC.

One thing I very much miss from the first PS is hacking. I miss the rush of hacking a CC or jacking an enemy vehicle.

Danerune 08-29-2012 03:01 PM

I made a tr on west beta 2 named Daner.

The damn trailer got everyone into NC and what is with the music at the char select screens?

I also miss the higher time to kill some one from Ps1 I liked having time to think before I am dead.

Ground vehicles die too fast.

Frothymug 08-29-2012 03:05 PM

Yeah, the gameplay is much different than PS1, but I'm having fun. It's worth trying out to see if it seems more fun for you. At least spawn times are greatly reduced. I was a huge UT2K4 Onslaught fan and I am getting some feelings of similarity to that and Domination mode.

I just started messing around with certs, so I'm looking forward to opening up that can of worms. Soon, I'll start working out some excellent combat strategies and loadouts since I'm behind the curve. I am only now getting to play the game...

Danerune 08-29-2012 05:10 PM

You really cant customize much right now but the healing grenades for medics are pretty cool and there is things like c4 and mines now.

I just think part of what made PS1 a different game was that the infantry combat was slower then other games. Now I feel like I am playing battlefield or cod those are fun games but I don't think planetside can compete with those kind of slick shooters.

*I just read that there are going to be certs that improve survivability so being as it is a beta I can wait to see how that helps.

Ghryphen 08-29-2012 05:55 PM

It is certainly more like CoD and BF3, they are intentionally turning up the TTK. They are wildly more successful games. I will miss PS1 style, but it was a niche play style sadly.

SilverTalon 08-29-2012 07:06 PM

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the really low TTK, at least for HA. It makes the game about who has the better hardware more than who can apply tactics.

As for the NC, on West there was a big imbalance initially and the systems aren't tweaked to keep that from running out of control. So the NC fell into a "the rich get richer" scenario where they got more auraxium, for better weapons, to take things down easier....so forth and so on.