Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   General Forum (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Review [This Website] What Website Did You Think I Meant (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=2149)

Splidz 07-13-2005 09:03 PM

[This Website] What Website Did You Think I Meant

It's a love affair: me and this website. It's wearing black these days and I can't take my eyes off of it. And you can smack it. :twhack: This website is like a pimp's dream come true.

Unfortunately there do seem to be some scabs and associated flea-like characters hanging about, and not just in the private areas. There's also the occasional drunken outburst. Because of that, I'm going to have to remove half a star. :banned:

On the whole, though, this website is SMOKIN baby.

Homepage
www.alliedtribalforces.com

Rating ( 4.5/5 Stars )
:rate_full :rate_full :rate_full :rate_full :rate_half

Ardamir 07-13-2005 09:56 PM

Oh man thats hot! Yet so cold. 4.5...why?

Ghryphen 07-13-2005 10:04 PM

woot!

Swad 07-14-2005 05:58 AM

I sense great bias in this one... CHEATER!

On a serious note, for all of the home brewed stuff you have on this stie (everything almost except the actual forum code?), this is a great site with loads of content. People ask for something and you wave your wand and make it so. 4.5 stars is quite appropriate.

SilverTalon 07-14-2005 06:09 AM

Post more pictures of boobs and we'll consider giving you that last half-star Gryph. ;)

Ghryphen 07-14-2005 10:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swad
On a serious note, for all of the home brewed stuff you have on this stie (everything almost except the actual forum code?)

w00t, I get to talk nerd talk. Ya pretty much, the main 'portal' (hate that word) structure of the site is all from scratch, I use some other systems designed by other people as a base for certain features like wow roster and bf2 profiles, but I often recode them a ton to tie them into the site functions and userbase.

I designed the code for my clan site The Hounds of Zeus which has support to show different themes, depending what theme you choose, you get news for that section only. I then gave CDL and early version of the site code that they now use for their home. Then I finally brought the code to ATF :nana: I designed the base code to make is very easy to add new content which is why I can add new features so fast. I am getting quite proud of my php knowledge, but I am still really far from doing some really cool (and efficient :lol: ) stuff.

weeeeee it's all about meeee :noob:

Now get to submitting POTD images and creating "REAL" reviews slackers.

Here is what the admin looks like :D

Ardamir 07-14-2005 10:17 AM

Im impressed, the site has never crashed, has a sleek design, and is very functional for newbs such as myself to figure out. Perhaps Blizzard should hire you Gryphon...

Ghryphen 07-14-2005 10:30 AM

Hmm, I don't think I am their type. They are looking for people less experienced obviously :D

SilverTalon 07-14-2005 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardamir
Im impressed, the site has never crashed, has a sleek design, and is very functional for newbs such as myself to figure out. Perhaps Blizzard should hire you Gryphon...

There's one obvious reason that they'd never hire Gryph to be any sort of WoW Dev...even a web dev:

He doesn't play a shaman.

Malthus 07-14-2005 11:09 AM

I think your already doing some damn cool stuff Gryph. I wish I had the motivation when I get home from work to do half as much as you've done here :)

Swad 07-14-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardamir

(bold added for emphasis)

No comment. No, really Gryph--I won't tell. :)

No, really--it's all a great job considering he pretty much runs every bit of the show.

SilverTalon 07-14-2005 11:23 AM

Swad...don't let out the industry secrets. :p

Gryph works hard to keep this up...among other things...

Ghryphen 07-14-2005 11:23 AM

rm -rf /

Swad 07-14-2005 11:26 AM

^ if only he was really joking :lol:

SilverTalon 07-14-2005 11:34 AM

And if you understood that and laughed right away...hang your head in shame you giant nerd.

:(