Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   World of Warcraft (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Authenticator Issue (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=21828)

Stoke 02-20-2011 12:25 PM

Authenticator Issue

Anyone else ever have a problem with the authenticator getting out of sync? Mine is messed up for the 2nd time now. And for whatever reasons, it takes Blizz a loooooong time to reset it.

Ghryphen 02-20-2011 12:42 PM

Re: Authenticator Issue

I haven't had any issue. Used they key chain for a while and now the phone app.

Swad 02-21-2011 05:53 AM

I've only ever had the authenticator app for iPhone (since it came out), but have never once had an issue with it. Assuming you're referring to the authenticator device from Blizzard, I can't speak for that, however.

CannonBall 02-21-2011 07:17 AM

I have the key chain and it's never given me a problem.

Shadowspirit 02-21-2011 09:52 AM

I have an app on a droid phone and never had a problem.

Stang 02-21-2011 06:35 PM

same

Stoke 02-24-2011 05:25 AM

I may switch over to the droid app.... my fob has went out of sync twice now.

Spinning Hat 02-24-2011 06:06 AM

I have the Android App on my phone, and it's been nice, and worked well, and can resync with the interwebz.

Stoke 03-08-2011 04:58 PM

Guess whats happened for a THIRD time.....

Swad 03-09-2011 04:49 AM

You haven't switched yet? I assume it should be quite easy and be done fairly quickly (well, assuming first your current fob is working since you have to provide two good numbers in a row to remove it).

Stang 03-09-2011 04:20 PM

Android app FTW!

Stoke 03-10-2011 06:54 AM

Well, Blizzard is claiming that nothing is actually wrong with the authenticator, that in reality whats happening is that someone is trying to hack my account by guessing at my password and therefore locking up the account. They insist that I have a keylogger.

I gave them the whole story of Mrs. Stoke being an IT Security professional, how our home network is monitored and guarded, how each indivudual computer is scanned twice daily for malicious activity by software designed for large companies - beyond what a commercial enterprise version of McAfee is already doing, and how I am just about 99.9% positive there is no keylogger.

Of course there was the mandatory password change and supposedly a "reset" of the account. So now we wait...... how long until it happens again?.....

SilverTalon 03-11-2011 07:40 AM

I'm assuming this software checks for rootkits as well? Some keyloggers are especially insidious in that regard, and there have been various (stupid) companies that in the name of DRM have installed exploitable rootkits onto user's machines without any way of them knowing (Sony, we're still looking at you).

However, it could be that somehow a group got a hold of your Battle.net email address and are locking it up in a more conventional way of just doing it wrong. Have you considered changing that address to a one-off, never-mentioned-expect-for-this, type of email if it isn't already?

Stoke 03-22-2011 03:45 PM

Well, after it got out of whack yet again..... I now have:
changed email addresses again
changed passwords again
and switch to the droid app

Lets see what happens now.....

Ghryphen 03-22-2011 06:22 PM

Crazy :/

Spinning Hat 03-23-2011 08:02 AM

Are you sure it's not just your age, and slowness not allowing you to enter the code in a timely Manner? :)

Stoke 03-23-2011 08:28 AM

ha ha... its been fine since I switched this last time.

Spinning Hat 03-24-2011 06:37 AM

Just checking.. I know how old age and senility can just sneak up on you and there's not much to be done about it...