Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   PlanetSide 2 (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   does Vanu suck? at least right now? (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=369)

Splidz 04-14-2003 09:04 AM

does Vanu suck? at least right now?

I haven't had the chance to play yet, still waiting for my open beta cds. But I've been doing a fair bit of reading on the beta forums, and pretty much everyone seems to agree: VS are the underdogs.

Apparently our weapons suck. The TR chaingun and the NC phoenix seem to be very powerful, with no comparison in power on the Vanu side. Also, weapons like the "cycler" seem to be very popular and better than any assault rifle that we have. So, you guys who have been playing: what's up with Vanu? Do you think we're going to get improved? Are equal numbers of VS and NC or TR a match for each other, or do we need extra numbers to do okay? Is increased mobility enough of a benefit to counteract superior firepower from our enemies? Will teamwork lessen the benefits that, say, the ability to fire a guided missile (the phoenix) unseen and far away give to an empire?

Ghryphen 04-14-2003 09:12 AM

The guided missiles suck. Not only do they have AA MAXs, they have guided missles so it does't take a MAX to take out aircraft. And the guided missles will take out a Reaver in two shots.

I'm sticking to VS though. People have just not learned the abilities yet of VS I dont think. The Magrider and Thrasher do not get used enough. And once people get used to the Pulsar again since they are fixing the coding error that was causing it to do less damage, it should get better.

the46 04-14-2003 11:05 AM

It doesn't matter what you read... when you add ATF to VS = unbeatable..

Ashaman 04-14-2003 11:33 AM

Yeah... from what I can gather, we're the most organized outfit. As well as having an abundance of experience and skill along with some people that think strategy and tactics.

AvengerX 04-14-2003 11:33 AM

From what I read, in the first couple weeks, the Vanu managed to lock down some continents. Also it looks like in the last few days they managed to lock down another one. Sounds pretty damn good to me.

Ghryphen 04-14-2003 11:56 AM

Yeah VS was the first to lock down a continent in the beta. They almost always have a continent lock, or very close to one. I don't think the other empires can say the same. I think Vanu attracts more dedicated skilled players, where the other empires just pick up those who don't understand the Vanu technology, I see a lot of coordinated attacks. Though the flock does move from one base to another instead of splitting up and holding separate bases.

Stang 04-14-2003 12:00 PM

And how can you pass up PURPLE :imu:

Spinning Hat 04-14-2003 01:01 PM

VS is the thinking man's outfit. We've had some of the most coordinated tactics on the fly that you could have in the game. It was sweet.

Splidz 04-14-2003 01:15 PM

Well, this is all good to hear. It just seems that on the forums, there is wide agreement that Vanu needs some better weapons. I certainly don't have a problem with the developers agreeing and then deciding to bump up our weapon damage a bit. :D I was just worried that some of our guns are crap.

Dionisus 04-14-2003 01:28 PM

I honestly think that is a load of BS. Every time i hope on it seems like Vanu is dominating. I have seen VS repel attacks, while I don't think I have ever been involved in an unsuccesful base assault. I dont know, personally I think those other empries have some good weapons, but the VS overall just seems to rape em.

Second, I have been watching the Lasher and that gun kicks ass. I have seen that thing just destroy MAXs, and the Pulsar is sweet too. I used it all day yesterday and it was a killer. Second, the jump jets give our MAXs a HUGE advantage. I can enter and leave a fight at will without getting bogged down, and we attacking a base i just have to jet over the wall and then i am on the 2nd level where I have a distinct advantage.

I don't think I would want to touch another empire.

AvengerX 04-14-2003 02:15 PM

And there you have it folks, Dio owns the thread :)

Ashaman 04-14-2003 02:35 PM

With his ASS SMELL!!!!!

Spinning Hat 04-14-2003 02:44 PM

Dio is right, but the Pulsar IMO, blows goats. I get more kills with Commmon weapons than I do Vanu Tech. Also, I have issues with the netcode and damages... I can run around a corner from someone, while being shot, and still take damage upto 1 full SECOND after darting around a corner away from the fire. now, if that's the damn Chaingun hitting me, that second means instant and total obliteration. Not my Idea of a fair or fun fight. Things need to be fixed a bit, and hopefully lots of stuff will get tweaked during Open Beta.

Stang 04-14-2003 04:49 PM

I agree some of Vanu's weapons can be tweaked. That chaingun can be just rediculous compared to some of Vanu's weapons. They need to at least make all the weapons some what balanced.

Yeah what the hell is up with that going around a corner or getting behind a heavy and their bullets can arch and still get you? I dont think so :nono: .

Vanu sure can hold their own though and has some kickass fights.

Ravin 04-14-2003 05:58 PM

The Cycler is their premium medium assault rifle like the Pulsar is ours. Right now there is no comparison. I've nabbed a few Cyclers and tried them out. Their cone of fire when kneeling is just sick considering how many bullets are being fired. Basically, its like a Punisher rifle with better zoom, better fire rate, tighter cone of fire and no grenade launcher.

On the other hand, our Pulsar has a very loose cone of fire, slower rate of fire and worst of all, it let's EVERYONE know where you are. The damage thing is bad too of course but that's supposed to get fixed soon.

The Lasher has lots of potential. It's damage is adequate considering its rate of fire. It share's the Pulsar's problem in that it lets everyone know where you are. The biggest problem I have with it atm is that its projectiles are still way too slow. It's also an extremely inaccurate weapon over more than close range. This thing is great for close quarters or firing into loads of badguys. This is supposed to be comparable to the TR chain gun. I think not.

While our MAX's seem to accel against their intended targets, they lack any versatility whatsoever. Yes, they can jumpjet. That's their only saving grace. NC and TR both have AA-MAXs that are nasty against infantry while their AI-MAXs are pretty tough on vehicles as well. Our MAXs seem to have shorter lifespans in heavy fighting tho I'm not sure if this is unbalanced armor or just more effective enemy weapons.

All that junk considered, I could live with our weapons being weaker or more specialized if they would focus NC and TR MAXs the way ours are.