Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   Battlefield 2 (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Battlefield 2 official name tag is -ATF- (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=2071)

Ghryphen 06-22-2005 09:33 AM

Battlefield 2 official name tag is -ATF-

Append -ATF- to your name if you wish to associate yourself with Allied Tribal Forces in Battlefield 2, examples:

THZ*Gryphon-ATF-
Muzo-ATF-
-LoS-Malthus-ATF-
[SOB]Grunt-ATF-

Ihmstine 07-01-2005 03:28 PM

Can you Change your Name once you have allready started, I created AceFSSG can I add the -ATF- Tag??? I am allready a LCPL and would not like to lose my rank!!

Ghryphen 07-01-2005 05:08 PM

No, you can't change your name, only create a new account which means your stats start fresh. So if you missed out on the tag and you don't want to lose your stats, unfortunately nothing you can do :(

Stang 07-01-2005 05:32 PM

They should have made a clan to join like in T1 and T2

Ihmstine 07-01-2005 05:56 PM

Thats horriable to here, Well I guess the best I can do is just add my name per your request to the Battlefield section under User CP hopefully that is enough to help you out Gryph, I really do not want to start fresh 25% through Lance Corporal!!! C-Ya In game!

Ihmstine 07-04-2005 04:25 PM

I will probably be creating an ATF tag here shortly. Think about this... You can unlock all of your weapons with 6 different accounts getting to LCPL rather than getting your main account to First Sergeant.... Hmmmmm... I wonder If BF2 thought about that???

Stang 07-04-2005 07:24 PM

Well they didn't think to hard on the interface.

Malthus 07-05-2005 04:44 PM

Yeah...maybe they will give us a way to change later, but it's EA, so don't hold out hope.

Following Gryphons lead I changed my name to -LoS-Malthes-ATF- so the tag would be correct at the end :) I hadn't earned many stats before vacation anyway, so I didn't lose much progress.

Jadal 07-09-2005 05:13 PM

test

Kfo 07-21-2005 07:04 AM

Changing name

*Admin edit: Make sure to test this on a non-essential character until you are comfortable with the process and are sure it works.*

I was checking out your forums and wanted to post that there is a way to change your name and maintain your stats.

I found this on another site, I cannot remember which, and it is not my method. It takes two steps, first step is to login www.gamespyid.com and enter the information for your BF2 login. Once you are logged in you can change your nickname, add a clan tag, etc.

Once done you now need to change a file on the local machine. The path is My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001

In the folder you open the Profile.con file with wordpad or notepad and change the following:

LocalProfile.setName "NAME"
LocalProfile.setNick "NAME"
LocalProfile.setGamespyNick "NAME"

Now you can login with your new credentials and have your name changed.

Ghryphen 07-21-2005 09:44 AM

Thanks for the great info Kfo.

Swad 07-21-2005 12:07 PM

Does this mean I have to dawn my -ATF- tag now? :/

Grunt 07-21-2005 12:08 PM

Actually, it appears to have worked for me without actually editing the file. I just changed my info for my gamespy ID and then in-game just hit 'retrive account'. Voila!

Ghryphen 07-21-2005 12:18 PM

Make sure to update your profiles if you edit your names.

Grunt 07-21-2005 12:38 PM

Hmmm, ok if you only change it on gamespy, the only place it shows up is the in-game BFHQ. If you change the first two settings in the .con file it still lets you log in and shows the name in BFHQ, but your in-game name is still the same. If you change the 3rd setting, which is supposed to be your gamespy ID, it won't let you log in, saying something about a bad unique nickname.

What I don't understand is why it would mess up on that part and still let me log in with a bad gamespy ID since I already changed it????