Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   Tribes (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tribes MMO! Firefall (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=18925)

Ghryphen 09-03-2010 06:45 PM

Tribes MMO! Firefall

OMGEE! FIREFALL

Quote:

Red 5 Studios have announced a brand new massively multiplayer shooter called Firefall which will focus on team based and cooperative based gameplay. The studio, founded by World of Warcraft lead developer Mark Kern and Starsiege Tribes lead designer Scott Young, plans to release the game late next year on the PC utilizing a free to play model.
The core of Firefall seems to be around Battleframes. These suits allow players to customize their powers and unlock unique abilities for the class based combat of the game.

Grunt 09-05-2010 07:23 AM

Re: Tribes MMO! Firefall

Looks like it has potential for a free game. Probably either have to play it a ton or spend a lot of $$$ for the cool guns and stuff though.

Swad 09-05-2010 02:16 PM

Starship troopers, anyone? That's the first thing that came to mind in the first video for some reason :p

Graphics from the gameplay (at least for the players / FPS view) reminded me of Borderlands. I enjoyed that style a lot. Seems they have some good talent leading it, so that's a plus. I've never been a fan of the free-to-play model on any game to date yet (like Grunt said--stupid amounts of playtime or paying micro transactions for the good stuff typically). Also it seems typically the quality can suffer on these. I guess we'll see how it pans out when it gets closer to release. Hopefully it will hold up. Looks like it could be fun from the second video of gameplay.

Spinning Hat 09-07-2010 06:27 AM

That looks like it could be a ton of fun. I really like the Borderlands visual style.. Is this more PvE or PvP?

Ghryphen 09-07-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Is Firefall an MMO?

No. Firefall is first and foremost an action shooter. We incorporated a lot of elements that you might find in various genres, including MMOs, but it is not an MMO in the traditional sense.
Frequently Asked Questions [Updated 9-6-2010]

Spinning Hat 09-08-2010 05:59 AM

Ahh.. Little more fsingle player with the option for competitive multi.. Nice.

Swad 09-08-2010 08:26 AM

How do you plan to make money?

We plan to offer a marketplace for Firefall that will offer players items to enhance their gaming experience. We are adamantly against selling anything that might compromise the skill-based aspect of the game.

*sigh*

Cut it, slice it, present it however you wish to--I'm always very skeptical of micro-transactions as a basis for maintaining a game. I'll reserve judgement for when it hits, but I'm starting at a very skeptical place because of this.

Ghryphen 09-09-2010 02:13 PM

fenwood 09-17-2010 02:45 AM

LET ME PLAY DIS NAOH!

poonster 11-30-2011 01:10 PM

Old topic, but i just got an invite to the F&F beta. Should have some invites to toss around in the next few days if anyone's interested

Ghryphen 11-30-2011 07:24 PM

Sweet, definitely interested.

Stang 12-01-2011 04:38 PM

Don't give him one he will get a beta key I'm sure. He's got beta keys for every game it seems :p.

Spinning Hat 12-02-2011 02:10 PM

I had forgotten about this game.. looks just as cool as it did before..

0ri0n 12-02-2011 06:34 PM

So both Firefall and Ascend are going to be released about the same time? Has anyone participated in both betas to compare the two? Just curious. I'm fidgeting in my seat just thinking of a Tribes Match.

fenwood 01-17-2012 07:24 AM

they still have not sent me a beta invite and i swear i signed up almost as soon as you could sign up for this game lol I wish they would hurry up and just release it i want to play it SOOOOO bad i seriously check there website day after day just to see if there has been any changes so if anyone got any extra keys hit me up plz ! :3