Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   General Forum (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Another quiet day here in forum land (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=5077)

SilverTalon 01-11-2007 12:49 PM

Re: Another Quiet Day Here In Forum Land

Actually...and you DIDN'T hear this from me...at all...the way the cool kids get around web filters is via TOR (The Onion Router).

Here's a link to a version of Firefox Mobile tied to TOR that will run from a USB flash drive (or anywhere really) without an install.

This isn't a guarantee of success...but if all you care about is web surfing, then it works pretty well. The bonus is that you're surfing more or less anonymously since your packets are actually passing through three separate, random servers before it reaches the destination host. The downside is that because your traffic is passing between three separate, random servers...browsing time is slow.

However, Slow vs. None...not a bad deal.

But, you didn't hear it from ME if you get busted and fired. :p

Stoke 01-11-2007 12:58 PM

<Two men in black suits and wearing shades approach the front door. There is a sharp knock... then the door opens....>

1st Man: Hello, Mr. Ball? Cannon Ball?

CB: Yes? May I help you?

2nd Man: You'll be coming with us. We have a few "questions" for you.

<CB is led away and helped inside a plain white van parked on the street>

SilverTalon 01-11-2007 01:03 PM

Does that program work for you Mr. Stoke? :p I'm actually curious if there's filtering software that beats TOR, because the way it's setup is pretty clever.

Also note that the goal of TOR is provide truly anonymous web-surfing, not to get around web filters. :p

Stoke 01-11-2007 02:56 PM

I aint got the balls to try something like that at work. Mrs. Stoke would be all over it like CB on a plate of BBQ....

Stang 01-11-2007 04:44 PM

Mmmm cannon smothered in BBQ sauce.

CannonBall 01-12-2007 11:20 AM

Hello..... this thing on???

Anyone out there???

Ghryphen 01-12-2007 11:40 AM

Nope

Stoke 01-12-2007 12:05 PM

I'm not on. Not me. Noooo way.

RagingSamster 01-12-2007 01:38 PM

I'm on at work! I don't have the time to be posting! AAARRG! One armed paper hangers of the world unite! Why is it that when it snows all the customers show up wanting offices with PCs in different languages, and then the office managers start swapping customers around. Others have VPNs that use ports that no one uses so they are blocked by the packet filters and trying to get a hold of the network group and then explain the problem in detail to each person along the way so they will send me on to the next (although they all have to try to fix it even though I know they wont be able to) and after two days of being on the phone I get to talk to someone who actually can log into the network to inspect the VPN connection and see the ports and go oh, hang tight *flick* try now. WORKS! and then the customer is gone a week later! ARRRRG!

[Wall of CUSTOMERS] crits me for 10X10E6
[Work Ethic] fades from me
I die

TimberWolf 01-13-2007 09:29 PM

/lurk

Stoke 01-14-2007 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagingSamster (Post 39934)

[Wall of CUSTOMERS] crits me for 10X10E6
[Work Ethic] fades from me
I die

LOL.... Sam always can come up with funny crap like this!

0ri0n 01-15-2007 10:12 AM

The best way would get someone to donate a WoW account to the hospital pediatric ward. Then you would have to tutor the children in the ward how to play the game. It would be hard work but someone would have to do it. LoL.

Orion

Stoke 01-24-2007 12:12 PM

/crickets

CannonBall 01-24-2007 12:16 PM

Why so quiet today????

Stoke 01-24-2007 12:28 PM

I dunno. I blame Silver.