Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   PlanetSide 2 (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Some good news, and a question (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=778)

Nosferatu 05-27-2003 05:19 AM

Some good news, and a question

Hey folks...

I got my 7 day free trial installed on my wife's PC last night and so far she seems to be enjoying the game. We spent most of the night just running around so she could get a feel for things. I would like to get her in on some ATF squad action sometime so she can see how the game is really played!

When she rolled her character she wanted to be more of an assault-type so I rolled a new guy too so that we could do the same things. (note: has anyone noticed that you no longer get xp in VR???) Well, I also took the med assault, reinforced armor route and I have to say, I may have found my new calling!

My question is this: If I were to spend the rest of this week uncerting Nos so that I could learn some more combat-oriented certs, would anyone be upset? I feel like we have enough stealth hackers that I could change my profession, but if I'm wrong let me know!

Also, would anyone mind if I played my temp character while Nos uncerts? It will take me 4 days to get rid of everything that I would like to replace. I'm thinking of going reinforced armor, med assault, and special assualt or heavy assault, plus some sort of vehicle or maybe engineering again.

As much as I like sneaking around and hacking stuff, I think I like blowing shit up better :D but if anyone thinks this would be a mistake, please let me know.

Thanks!

Nos

DAKOTA 05-27-2003 05:52 AM

sounds good nos. wish u two all the best. just so u know grunt seems to have found a new calling commanding two sunderers and storming bases. prob a good fit for an assualt guy.

SmackDab 05-27-2003 07:36 AM

I don't think we have a problem with hackers either, good grunts is what we all need.

I say good choice, I'm going that route as well with MAX in the pocket too.

Thinking either Lasher or Lancer can't decide which one yet, with Reinforced you could actually carry both, LOL!!

Grunt 05-27-2003 10:04 AM

I've also found a new calling... with specialized assault. Nothing better than taking down maxes with one or two shots :)

And yes I think we've got enough people in the mags now and even reavers. We need more ground pounders. I'm getting rid of my deliverer cert and getting sunderer so that we can really transport our grunts. The galaxy just gets blown up too darn much :)

insaneferret 05-27-2003 10:50 AM

its good to try new things, i thought that maxes were just huge lumbering morons, but then i picked up one becasue i wanted to drive a mag but i was useless indoors, now i love the max and am always using it

Nosferatu 05-27-2003 11:19 AM

Well, going full-on MAX was my other consideration, but I think what I'm planning on doing will give me more variety and flexibility.

The downside is, I'm gonna put Nos on hold until all the certs I have are unlearned. The temp guy I rolled last night is already BR4 (again wtf happened to the sweet free xp you could get in VR??) so if no one minds I'll just play him until I can rebuild Nos.

I'll be online this week as Ertuu but by this weekend Nos should be reborn....

Nosferatu 05-27-2003 11:48 AM

Ok, I just used a cert calculator, and at BR9, Nos will have:

Reinforced Armor
Med Assault
Heavy Assault
Special assault

Sound good? I'm itching to unload a thumper-full of plasma grenades into a hallway packed with enemies. Ahh the carnage...

In an assault role, what implants are best? I know darklight is always good, but what about personal shield or advanced targeting?

Grunt 05-27-2003 07:20 PM

Darklight, advanced targeting, and sound amplfication are the best IMO

JC 05-27-2003 08:01 PM

Range Magnifier is pretty nice too IMO.

Shoddy 05-28-2003 10:08 AM

Surge is nice too. At least with implants you can try a few different ones out without having an unlearn penalty.

Also, consider dropping heavy assault for anti-vehicular if you find yourself fighting outdoors a lot.

Hot Damn 05-28-2003 06:08 PM

I didnt have any luck with the personal shield...just goes down WAY too fast, especially against the TR bullet spewers. That was beta though...they might have tweaked it (wouldnt count on it).

SmackDab 05-29-2003 07:46 AM

I'm thinking Reinforced Armor first then Anti Vehicle Lancer. I wanna piss the enemy off, mostly just kill infantry with 2 shots, just can't wait to piss them off

Nosferatu 05-29-2003 08:15 AM

That was great last night when we took that one tower that was so heavily defended, and when the tables turned and we defended that one tower for so long against the NC.

I'm sure there were quite a few people that added us to their hit list last night!

I'm gonna get a lasher as soon as I have the points. It is rather fun though to use the alt-fire on the rocklet to take out a max or a few mediums im one volley.

I was a tiny bit disappointed in the thumper. I had a picture perfect opportunity to unload a magazine of plasma grenades into a tightly packed stairwell in that one tower we were attacking (right before we camped the spawn tubes) and it didn't do as much damage as I would have thought.

SmackDab 05-29-2003 11:31 AM

Thumper is GRIEF MASTER too, man that gun will get you 20 grief in seconds.

phalanx 05-29-2003 11:53 AM

i loved the lancer, other than the fact that the ammo box/cube thing is huge... but if you see some tr maxes locking down far away its like shooting fish in a barrel :D