Allied Tribal Forces

Allied Tribal Forces (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forum.php)
-   PlanetSide 2 (https://alliedtribalforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PlanetSide $12.95 a month. (https://alliedtribalforces.com/showthread.php?t=616)

Nosferatu 05-09-2003 07:48 AM

If this was my first pay-to-play game I might be a little concerned, but I'm afraid this is the future of gaming. If Planetside enjoys even a modicum of success then it will set a precedent for a whole new generation of pay-to-play games. A gaming company would be dumb NOT to adapt this model that provides them with continual revenue.

If the game continues to improve and change and new features are added fairly regularly (like all mmorpg's) then IMO it's money well spent. The game also provides a "safer" FPS environment with no cheaters or hacks that would give someone an unfair advantage.

I do agree that there needs to be more incentives to do things other than just xp gain. Maybe if things were more teritorial of if there were bonuses to be gained from controlling realstate.

That said, the main source of enjoyment for me personally in this game is playing with you guys. I don't care if I'm stuck in some far off tower or running with the main force into the maw of a heavily defended base.... I like team-based fps action and I enjoy the voice communication and the sense of being a part of something bigger.

Everyone gets burned out on a game eventually, but I fully intend to play Planetside after realease for many months. I haven't had this kinds of fun since I stopped playing T2.

skoog 05-09-2003 08:29 AM

i haven't had this much fun since t1/early days of t2

Walks on Clouds 05-09-2003 09:37 AM

I haven't had this much fun. Period. I love this game and I am getting it, although I really can't afford it. I've been in beta for what, 2 weeks?, and I have seen so many improvements in gameplay that I have no fear of this game getting me bored in the foreseeable future. I certainly do hope that ATF will still be there after beta...

Ghryphen 05-09-2003 09:59 AM

SH, there will not be much different, if any, content at release. They have said that there will be stuff after release.

I would like to see Empire specific air vehicles.

Nosferatu 05-09-2003 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gryphon
SH, there will not be much different, if any, content at release. They have said that there will be stuff after release.

I would like to see Empire specific air vehicles.

I remember waaaaaay back when the very first information about PS had begun to trickle out it was said that stealing enemy technology would be important. That you would be able to steal someone's vehicle and that if you did, you needed to take care of it because an empire might "stop production" of a certain vehicle to make something "new and improved".

To this end, it would be cool if there were garages or hangars on Sanctuary where you could store vehicles. Storing would keep captured enemy vehicles in tact as well as any equipment that you may have loaded up in the trunk.

I think they had originally planned for a LOT more RPG-type elements.

I read an article the other day that said they had enough content in reserve to be able to do monthly content updates through October or November. Maybe they'll release some cool stuff to keep everyone hanging on.... :D

Spinning Hat 05-09-2003 11:53 AM

Well, like I said, we'll see what happens. I am going to buy it for sure. There was talk a long time ago of Naval Combat... Now THAt would add an interesting twist....

SmackDab 05-09-2003 12:45 PM

Just think of how much trouble you STAY OUT OF for only $13 bucks. Like if you weren't playing PS all night long you might be out gangbanging or getting drunk and getting a DUI or killing someone or getting VD from some chick and have to amputate your penis. Man 13 bucks for fun seems cheap to me.

Splidz 05-09-2003 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SmackDab
Just think of how much trouble you STAY OUT OF for only $13 bucks. Like if you weren't playing PS all night long you might be out gangbanging or getting drunk and getting a DUI or killing someone or getting VD from some chick and have to amputate your penis. Man 13 bucks for fun seems cheap to me.
lol! man, 13 bucks is a STEAL, if i can avoid STDs cuz of Planetside they can charge me $50/mo!

Lynxbat 05-09-2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

lol! man, 13 bucks is a STEAL, if i can avoid STDs cuz of Planetside they can charge me $50/mo!
Dude, what kind of sex-ed did you have? Avoiding std's by gaming? Now that would rock as a bumper sticker!

Nosferatu 05-09-2003 01:22 PM

roflmao

Full version of Planetside: $49.99

Monthly fee for playing: $12.99

Avoiding STD's by playing Planetside all the time: Priceless

Joe Shmoe 05-09-2003 03:24 PM

Now wait a minute - you're not going to avoid STDs because you play planetside - you'll avoid STDs because no one would want to touch a person who you can see through...

SmackDab 05-12-2003 08:58 AM

Now we'll have to start a thread for people that pass up a night of SEX with to play Planetside.

Won't put down how many nights I passed up some nooky for Tribes2. Damn, and only a few were actually good games...lol