View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 12:58 PM   #47
Ashaman
Alliance Member

Ashaman RSS Feed
Hyundais are good cars, from what I've heard and my own experience. My third car was a Hyundai. The thing ran just fine until I totaled it in an accident.

The only problem I ever had with it was that it was too easy to slip... light car + front wheel drive = bad.

Bubble cars aren't necessarily aerodynamically sound. Look at the (relatively) new VW beetle. It's a round "buble car", but if it goes fast enough, or there is a strong enough headwind, the car will lift off the ground. That's because it's round on top and flat on the bottom.

I think one of the most aerodynamically sound production cars out there is the Audi TT. Another would be the Dodge Viper. Basically, you don't want something that has a large flat frontal area... like an older Ford or Chevy pickup.

But that's besides the point... I don't know that many people buy cars and trucks based on how well they do with their aerodynamics. It's personal preference and what gets the job done. Though people will spend less on gas if they get a car or truck that gets the job done AND has good aerodynamics.

It's funny Gryph... when I think Chevy OR Ford, I think Bothell, Monroe, Enumclaw AND Hicks. I can't stand hicks. The ones that drive the beatup 79 camaros, or their chevy or ford pickups with the oversized tires and lifted suspensions and big ass mudflaps; they suck ass.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote