View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 06:36 PM   #51
Ravin

Ravin RSS Feed
I used to really despise Hondas and Japanese cars in general. I used to be a huge Ford and Mustang fan. I gradually got over it and realized there are (relatively) few cars out there that are complete crap. Yeah, there's the Edsels, Yugos and Pintos of the world but by and large, they all get you around where you need to go and most of em won't win any professionaly races without serious track tuning and/or cash investment.

I've seen and had rides in Hondas and Golfs that would rip the doors off any factory Mustang or Camero (even the R Cobra with 351). I've driven lots of old American iron that could beat any Japanese production car and look twice as good and 10 times as dramatic doing it. The bottom line with cars is that most folks are too wrapped up in em to be objective.

Let's see, I've owned a 72 Mercury Comet, 90 Geo Storm, 68 Mustang (351 Cleveland dropped in), 80 Ford F150, 70 T-bird (429), 93 Chevy (slammed stepside), 69 Camero (327 and 350), VERY briefly a 69 Nova, 92 Camero RS and finally a 02 Subaru WRX. I still have the WRX and the 69 Camero and it would take far more money that they're worth to get them out of my hands. An odd mix to most car/race fans but as I stated above, cars aren't something folks can debate objectively and for good reason.
Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote