View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 09:14 AM   #11
Freebird
PlanetSide Characters

Freebird RSS Feed
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinning Hat

But I have another thought on multiple characters. I don't like the idea. Maybe have 2 characters total, 1 for normal ATf stuff, and another just for fun, or for something different. My reasoning is this: We're going to have a redundancy to all the ability types, right? So we'd most likely get into a groove of who does what best, and we'd want to place the people accordingly, and we'd know who has what certs/implants, and we can plan accordingly.

To keep that all straight, Once the game ships, I'd like each affiliated clan to have a stickied thread in the joint strike section, and each member with 1 post that is theirs, where they post all the vital stats about their characters, and keep it updated as their battle rank and certs and implants increase. This way, a quick check of a clan indicates who is capable of what, and we don't need to hunt anyone down and find out what their characters are capable of. Make sense? I hope so.

That's a hell of an idea.

One thing I thought of is that if we want to, we could have an ATF character and a tribe character. So I could have a character in ATF and then I could have a TKB character.

From what I heard about the cert system as well, you can give up some certification slots so you can use other abilities. The timer on this isn't set, but the last I heard was 24 hrs, so it's a bit of a pain if you want to switch right now, but with a little planning, we could have very specialized fighters for specific missions.